Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

or maybe he was just smoking at the time, when you're a smoker, sometimes it happens.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by shdws View Post
      Yea but James Dean is different though.

I don't know how to explain it.

But say someone (this is going to be a bad example) wearing a t shirt that is shredded due to natural causes (not designer related) and wearing skinny jeans and smoking, fine that "cool" vibe can be given off.

But if someone dresses head to toe in gear like shuit does who actually spends the time to find what goes with what, it makes it seem a bit "try hard" for a photo, it would just look as good without it.

Shuit I still love the fit though .

There's a fine line between a true badass/cool and a fashion whore. I'm just saying Shuit didn't need the cigarette in the photo that's all.

Next I'll bring the argument of what I say to my mates, why smoke a cigarette when you could smoke weed :/ both are bad, one is fun.
      I'm rambling, I'll shut up now.
      Other than breaking the law, and the damaging of the ciliary muscles which comes with any kind of smoking, Weed is way better to smoke than cigarettes. there are proven medicinal and therapeutic benefits to smoking weed that cigarettes do not posses.
      It also a shame that in a "modern" society, something that grows naturally in the earth without the aid of any industrialized process to make it useful, is made illegal for no logical reason...........and this is from a lifelong no smoker......
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        Other than breaking the law, and the damaging of the ciliary muscles which comes with any kind of smoking, Weed is way better to smoke than cigarettes. there are proven medicinal and therapeutic benefits to smoking weed that cigarettes do not posses.
        It also a shame that in a "modern" society, something that grows naturally in the earth without the aid of any industrialized process to make it useful, is made illegal for no logical reason...........and this is from a lifelong no smoker......
        AMEN!
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by rilu
          ^ but that doesn't make the photo less kitschy.
          the cig isn't what makes the photo kitschy

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Seriously, this place...
            I for one am going to have a cig-break and will try to forget how much time and energy y'all put into discussing cigarettes & authenticity.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

...Next I'll bring the argument of what I say to my mates, why smoke a cigarette when you could smoke weed :/ both are bad, one is fun.
              Originally posted by zamb View Post
              this is all true of course and i remember experimenting on this idea when i was younger but the weed is just too damn strong anymore. can't switch from 20-30 cigarettes a day to joints. after the first 10 joints i was afraid to leave my closet. i was hoping the 11th would calm me down but...no...the 12th?....also no. by joint 25 i was under my bed cuddling with an old shoe and a small pile of dirty clothes. also no food left in the house.

i've given it all up now tho. i'm old, boring and healthy

shuit's pic to me represents something i love about this place. he is wearing something i would never wear personally. nor is it likely i will come across anyone wearing anything like it in my daily life. but its an awesome fit and here on sz i am able to see it in its natural setting (not a runway), in an exceptional photo, where i can appreciate it, glean ideas and inspiration from it, and so on. the style preferred here on sz is not as narrow as people think.
              Last edited by cjbreed; 07-30-2012, 11:58 AM.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

Shuit's pic is great, I like the way he smokes his cigarette, all fingers extended. I don't know how, but it somewhat makes him look like an old drunken woman in tatters.

And that's a compliment.

The 'He did that on purpose, so cliché' thing is clearly not my problem.
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• shuit
                  • Apr 2012

That's a nice way of using a skirt MBD, so many freedom in it.

And thank you to all of you, sz is one of the place I use to find my inspiration and I would like to contribute some of what I can as an exchange to show how much I appreciate this place. It's not much, but it's what I can do..

Ps: I smoke all the time (bad habit) not really a weed fan though. Cigarette smell bad enough.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                    • Jan 2008

smoking is at least as cool as death... ice cold.

[i smoke mine mixed these days, so can't argue against either]

-

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                      Seriously, this place...
                      I for one am going to have a cig-break and will try to forget how much time and energy y'all put into discussing cigarettes & authenticity.
                      you're just saying that to be cool.

Comment

• shdws
                        • Sep 2011

JoniF relax son!

God I'm sorry I even started this, I never said it was cool, but "cool".
                        Your just farting out of your bum if you think he just went and put what he had on in 1 minute without thought and trial, that would be the biggest lie. If you also think his photo is purely "authentic in ones natural candid state" and not timed with the cigarette pose is......I call bs. That part is my peeve, cigarette is not necessary.

Shuit I still love your FIT!

I just needed that one word from Rilu to express what I felt towards it, kitschy vibe. If I knew that word earlier I wouldn't had to of wrote my long message.

cjbreed I'm amazed you didn't green out on 25 joints. You should of tried a bong back then, you would of hit a wall quicker.

It definitely is a shame Zamb, definitely is.

Anyway I'm not here to argue, I'm just here to point out the cigarette didn't have to be necessary to contribute to the the entire scenario/idea in the look. PEACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edit: I'm sorry for pointing it out in the first place.
                        Last edited by shdws; 07-30-2012, 12:29 PM.
                        Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

lol authentic

also...

...cjbreed I'm amazed you didn't green out on 25 joints. You should of tried a bong back then, you would of hit a wall quicker.
                          i was joking. to illustrate that it would be impossible for most people to smoke that much superpowered modern era marijuana everyday. i've heard that "smoke a joint instead" argument a hundred times and i've always wondered what dirt weed they're smoking lol.

well...the hiding under the bed part of the story is true. that happened. oh, college...
                          Last edited by cjbreed; 07-30-2012, 01:57 PM.
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• shdws
                            • Sep 2011

LAWL!!! ^

You def don't want to fk with that guy.

Funny enough that's actually a nice picture, the way he is captured in it.
                            Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                              lol authentic
                              I would just like to point out that the cigarette is unecessary here, the guy is clearly doing it to look cool.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                                • Mar 2009

[QUOTE=curiouscharles;383147]smoking is at least as cool as death... ice cold.

[i smoke mine mixed these days, so can't argue against either]

That's what living in LDN does to you ehhh
                                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎