• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="iSuck"][quote user="xadam"]

Scott thinks the whole world is "inspired" by his blog.[/quote]</p>

That any schmuck of a blogger has a chance to make it?</p>

[/quote]</p>

I don't judge him as harshly as others on this board, and I think his photography is great and his concept is solid, but he definitely has an over-inflated sense of the relevance of his blog.</p>

Comment

• lll
      • Dec 2007

Re: What are you wearing today?

</p>

rick jacket, rick tank, nat jeans, ann shoes</p>

Comment

• matthewhk
        • Jan 2007

jacket - Number (N)ine
        t-shirt - Yohji Yamamoto
        jeans - APC
        boots - C Diem

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

stunning and sexy as always les</p>

i was wearing the head of sarty mcfly as a condiment and i tried to take peoples pictures so absolut would be inspired but people kept screaming in horror as blood poured out of my mouth and down my leg and it formed into a puddle a few feet from their feet and their feet, clad in beautiful jil heels, dropped kicked me in the stomach as faust, returning from middle earth, slayed the vampireress, and scolded me from thinking i could inspire anyone let alone a vodka company, but i started to hear comments in my head, thousands and thousands of positive comments, telling me how amazing i was, and i thought if jesus could only know what this feels like, and then faust tore off the head of sarty mcfly and i realized how i was, pnoodle, on this day, and looked down and was wearing a cloak f/w 04 hoodie, Drkshdw white jeans, Adidas/Saville trainers, Ma+ shirt, and cloak cotton ribbed asymmetrical jacket f/w 05, now all covered in blood and sarty facial bits, and i knew no one would compliment me because i was alone and disgusting and then faust rode off on his "gimp hoodie" mare to save narnia and no one would take my picture. but them i started thinking about all the positive compliments i would get for writing this story and it made me feel better. </p>
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lll
            • Dec 2007

thanks diddy.. but.. the ma+ shirt with silver buttons? [:|] RSG could've write you an essay about not gerring that.
            </p>

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
              • Aug 2007

nice faust. one of my favorite ann jackets /jackets in general EVER. whered u get yours?</p>

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

stunning and sexy as always les</P>

i was wearing the head of sarty mcfly as a condiment and i tried to take peoples pictures so absolut would be inspired but people kept screaming in horror as blood poured out of my mouth and down my leg and it formed into a puddle a few feet from their feet and their feet, clad in beautiful jil heels, dropped kicked me in the stomach as faust, returning from middle earth, slayed the vampireress, and scolded me from thinking i could inspire anyone let alone a vodka company, but i started to hear comments in my head, thousands and thousands of positive comments, telling me how amazing i was, and i thought if jesus could only know what this feels like, and then faust tore off the head of sarty mcfly and i realized how i was, pnoodle, on this day, and looked down and was wearing a cloak f/w 04 hoodie, Drkshdw white jeans, Adidas/Saville trainers, Ma+ shirt, and cloak cotton ribbed asymmetrical jacket f/w 05, now all covered in blood and sarty facial bits, and i knew no one would compliment me because i was alone and disgusting and then faust rode off on his "gimp hoodie" mare to save narnia and no one would take my picture. but them i started thinking about all the positive compliments i would get for writing this story and it made me feel better. </P>

[/quote]</P>

I love the violence. Beautiful.</P>
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"][quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="philip nod"]wheres the review of sarty mcfly?
                  [/quote]</p>

Scott thinks the whole world is "inspired" by his blog.</p>

Cathy H well-spoken but boring.</p>

Diane P is a better at air-kisses than rhetoric, and the hair is still creepy.
                  </p>

[/quote]</p>

I thought the most interesting speaker of the bunch was the moderator...but maybe that is the given? Cathy was not bad, I think the best of the three. Diane, I could not get passed her voice, sorry. Maybe she has had some good personal experiences and can offer information because of that... dont know- she did not offer much during this conversation. Scott, well...he sounded very inarticulate at times, everything was nice and nice and nice. i learned he has been to China and to India and to Paris. and everything was in reference to that 16 year old boy from Indiana...
                  </p>

[/quote]</p>

Pretty much agree about Scott. In all fairness though, the whole event was pretty surface--you didn't learn anything that you didn't already know if you follow the the three blogs. I thought Cathy looked and sounded great. I liked the way she described her reasons for starting the blog. Harold Koda is definitely smart, although the met blog that he kept referring to is pretty staid.[:|]
                  </p>

Diane seemed a bit out of her element. Her blog doesn't run on comments the way the other two do, so it's understandable that she wouldn't have much to contribute to the discussion Scott and Cathy were having. She seems more comfortable with visual media than with words; and more interested in scouting talent than making critiques. I like her and I rather enjoyed her voice (it walks a fine line between grating and seductive).</p>

hmmm, guys, we really need to communicate better....it would have been nice to see you there! [51]</p>
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"]

nice faust. one of my favorite ann jackets /jackets in general EVER. whered u get yours?</p>

[/quote]</p>

Thanks. I got it from one of the members here - boxma. It's the last season Ann used these wonderful chunky RY zippers - even Margiela does not use them anymore on his biker jackets. However, N(N) picked up the torch on that one - their current season stuff has these zippers.</p>

Pnod - Portrait of a Pnod as a Young Artist.</p>

As far as the panel - xadam and kira described it pretty well. all i remember from sart is "nice" and "inspired" - so it was hard to gauge his position. what i found funny is that he anything but outright said that he edits out a ton of comments, so that was funny. diane was irrelevant - sorry. cathy was obviously the best one of the three, but she didn't say much new (although i did learn a few interesting things about her blog). unfortunately i could only stay for an hour, and didn't get to the questions part, because Mrs. Faust got tired chasing baby Faust who was demolishing the Egyptian sarcophagi outside the auditorium. I didn't think Mr. Koda was a good speaker at all though - his "uh, oh"s annoyed the hell out of me. I mean, you are a curator of a major museum, and you probably rehearsed this speech more than a few times. [72]
                    </p>
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

^How did I not see you leave and how did i miss this havoc that little faustina was wreaking? [86]</p>

I was sitting right in the back row....</p>
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

[quote user="laika"][quote user="kira"][quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="philip nod"]wheres the review of sarty mcfly?
                        [/quote]</p>

Scott thinks the whole world is "inspired" by his blog.</p>

Cathy H well-spoken but boring.</p>

Diane P is a better at air-kisses than rhetoric, and the hair is still creepy.
                        </p>

[/quote]</p>

I thought the most interesting speaker of the bunch was the moderator...but maybe that is the given? Cathy was not bad, I think the best of the three. Diane, I could not get passed her voice, sorry. Maybe she has had some good personal experiences and can offer information because of that... dont know- she did not offer much during this conversation. Scott, well...he sounded very inarticulate at times, everything was nice and nice and nice. i learned he has been to China and to India and to Paris. and everything was in reference to that 16 year old boy from Indiana...
                        </p>

[/quote]</p>

Pretty much agree about Scott. In all fairness though, the whole event was pretty surface--you didn't learn anything that you didn't already know if you follow the the three blogs. I thought Cathy looked and sounded great. I liked the way she described her reasons for starting the blog. Harold Koda is definitely smart, although the met blog that he kept referring to is pretty staid.[:|]
                        </p>

Diane seemed a bit out of her element. Her blog doesn't run on comments the way the other two do, so it's understandable that she wouldn't have much to contribute to the discussion Scott and Cathy were having. She seems more comfortable with visual media than with words; and more interested in scouting talent than making critiques. I like her and I rather enjoyed her voice (it walks a fine line between grating and seductive).</p>

hmmm, guys, we really need to communicate better....it would have been nice to see you there! [51]</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

agree. the whole thing was pretty surface. i am not sure what my expectations were so that could be part of my problem. </p>

that's exactly it about her voice. because of that i had a hard time listening to her in that context. maybe it would be better in closer circumstances.</p>

i did not know until sunday that i could make it but it would have been nice to see people there.[75]</p>
                        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

^How did I not see you leave and how did i miss this havoc that little faustina was wreaking? [86]</p>

I was sitting right in the back row....</p>

[/quote]</p>

I was actually looking for you. I came through the side that was further from their corner. I'm glad we agree on the panel (pheww)! It's true though - next time we should coordinate with everyone.
                          </p>
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

I'm glad we agree on the panel (pheww)! It's true though - next time we should coordinate with everyone.
                            </p>

[/quote]</p>

[74]</p>

There wasn't enough substance to disagree about anything. I guess I like Diane more than you do, but not enough to have an argument about it!</p>

kira, I actually wasn't sure I would make it either, but next time we must all coordinate. [51]</p>

Did anyone else see the crazy comme lady in full on CDG garb--drop crotch plaid trousers, patchwork plaid jacket, etc.? She was quite a wonderful sight. [86]
                            </p>

Comment

• iSuck
                              • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"] I didn't think Mr. Koda was a good speaker at all though - his "uh, oh"s annoyed the hell out of me. I mean, you are a curator of a major museum, and you probably rehearsed this speech more than a few times. [/quote]</P>
                              <P mce_keep="true"></P>

This is true. Last year he hosted a pvt. lunch for the Poiret exhibit and I kept thinking "Who is this guy??"</P>

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"]

I'm glad we agree on the panel (pheww)! It's true though - next time we should coordinate with everyone.
                                </p>

[/quote]</p>

[74]</p>

There wasn't enough substance to disagree about anything. I guess I like Diane more than you do, but not enough to have an argument about it!</p>

kira, I actually wasn't sure I would make it either, but next time we must all coordinate. [51]</p>

Did anyone else see the crazy comme lady in full on CDG garb--drop crotch plaid trousers, patchwork plaid jacket, etc.? She was quite a wonderful sight. [86]
                                </p>

[/quote]</p>

No, but there was some crazy woman with her hair up crowned by a greek tragic paper mask. I thought it was Diane before she got on stage.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎