• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
    cuuuute
    don't listen to the haters this is nice
    p.s. Re: OTT fits
    Better too adventurous than not enough
    everyone should strive towards ballsiness
    I agree, there's a kind of old fashioned dandy feel about the fit. It could also work good with regular oxfords, to emphasize the slightly dressed up feel.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Blackfedora: What a classy and relevant addition to this board.

MBD
      Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 10-07-2012, 01:34 AM.
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
        I agree, there's a kind of old fashioned dandy feel about the fit. It could also work good with regular oxfords, to emphasize the slightly dressed up feel.
        Agreed. The boots look too heavy/rough compared with the rest, and a nice pair of oxfords would do a better job - preferaly with a round toebox.
        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• tomatous
          Banned
          • Jan 2009

lovely rilu.

Comment

• tenorish
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
            I disagree. Both outfits would have been a bit more at home in a street. Otherwise what is the point of it ?
            And yes, as Jonif already stated it, both look clumsily contrived ; the natural background just makes it a bit more obvious.
            Contrived, yes. Conceptually out of place, no. Talking only of blackfedora's fit.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by merz
              unless you've developed a royal we, i'm pretty sure i was addressing you directly and personally. please don't edit people's posts without noting that you've gone through and edited their text. i'd rather you just deleted what you disagree with and stated your reasons. noblesse oblige, and all that shit.
              you didn't know who edited the post, so "we" referred to those of us who run this forum. stop being a smart ass, even if it comes easy.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by tenorish View Post
                Contrived, yes. Conceptually out of place, no. Talking only of blackfedora's fit.
                I understand that, and I won't deny that BF's fit makes him somewhat look like a sandman from Starwars.

I only say that seeing this fit in an urban environment would have helped making it look a bit less like an attempt to cosplay a nomad, which would be one of the few reasons (along with a lookbook session) likely to explain why he's in such a place dressed in such a way.
                Because if he's not cosplaying, it just looks like he's wearing expensive designer stuff in the middle of nowhere, which is far from making sense at first view.

Hence my comment about teleportation, which was actually pointless if BF is indeed a nomad, or if he cosplays one on a regular basis.
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• arby2001
                  • Jan 2011

chun's okay, it's just that the skirt doesnt go well with the outfit. if you divided it into top/bottom both would look ok, but put together it is awkward.
                  too skinny for rick

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                    I wish there were a way to limit critiques in waywt to those members who have actually posted fits themselves. It's way too easy to throw out criticism (and in many cases hate) without any real repercussions.

It should be noted that "hate" expressed by peeps that are too scared to expose themselves in waywt is taken with absolutely no frame of reference. in other words, it's meaningless

I have been thinking the same since joining the forum. The anonymity of the Internet makes it just too easy to speak in a tone which most people would not use in the real world. It changed a lot for me personally when meeting many members in person Sometimes people who seem super confident and harsh here turn out to be harmless (and amicable) nerds...of course we are all nerds... Hahahaha
                    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                      Sometimes people who seem super confident and harsh here turn out to be harmless (and amicable) nerds...
                      sometimes?
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rilu
                        I was gonna wear today the new Undercover dress I've got, which has teeth and stuff :D but the weather was too bad, so I went for something entirely different, namely pants :p I really like how these Stella McCartney boots go with the CDG jacket.

On the last pic I have my hand in the front pocket, hence such a silhouette. The outfit wasn't fully black, I had a dark red sweater underneath, somewhat visible on the first pic, but it actually stood out more.
                        Awesome.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                          cuuuute
                          don't listen to the haters this is nice
                          p.s. Re: OTT fits
                          Better too adventurous than not enough
                          everyone should strive towards ballsiness
                          I agree, chun's fit looks good.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                            • Apr 2008

Hahahahhaa my friend...everyone living in Brooklyn excluded

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                            sometimes?
                            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                              100% agreed

ugly mirror pic / rainy weather contribution

Nobody noticed the S engraved on the mirror striked by BSR's silhouette ?
                              Like $.
                              Or the lacanian striked subject.

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                                The anonymity of the Internet makes it just too easy to speak in a tone which most people would not use in the real world.
                                sports metaphor:
                                critiquing and throwing insults in waywt without exposing yourself to being a victim is akin to an american league pitcher throwing at ( hitting) a batter. he does so with impunity

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎