X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • interest1
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
    Look as in, never touched, which is essential to appreciating it. Even the best photography doesn't do it justice. Not saying it's for everyone but criticism by those who merely view online photos must bet taken with a grain of salt.

Her photo just looks like an average suit but in person I'm sure it's a different story. Either way those boots have got to go.

That difference being something that isn't so much noticeable as it is perceptible, and
    that is everything. Especially so with "interview" suiting.
    sain't

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Peasant View Post

Her photo just looks like an average suit but in person I'm sure it's a different story. Either way those boots have got to go.
      I do agree with Peasant. In a rare defense of CCP by me, it's the boots that are the incongruity here, not the suit. I submit that the boots were thrown on to see what matchy-matchy looks like, and the photo was snapped in haste before I had to run to an appointment.

The stiff fold at the instep of the boots forces more break in the pant than is desired.

Other stuff I submit in response to the - queue Prince -- controversy:

1) the suit is comfortable as - in jogu's parlance - "hale"
      2) it's the best execution I've yet to see of the half raglan back from any of the designers most often mentioned here (no disrespect, but for reals)
      3) I ended up wearing them out with Ann D boots that allow an emphasis of a continuous line - I like to try pant hems cuffed at different lengths before deciding on a final hem length. Try it.

To wit, with more fitting footwear:

4) I thoroughly examine the construction of anything I buy. There are greatly thoughtful details, for example, in the construction of the button fly, which with the addition of a small buttoned strap allows for easy adjustment of the waist - important to women and men prone to beer bellies
      5) Frankly, I don't think you guys have considered how difficult it is for women who aren't supermodels to to find clothing for formal situations
      that doesn't somehow involve the regrettable and totally unacceptable recourse to the "skirt suit."

I conclude with some words of wisdom from Gore Vidal, adapted especially for this forum:

Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, not giving a damn, and...not looking like you just stepped out of the bar scene in Star Wars.

MBD
      Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 11-03-2012, 10:24 PM.
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
        • Oct 2010

INTEREST 1 IS BACK. WHERE MY CAT GIFS AT?

MBD

Comment

• mike
          • Dec 2006

it might be the photography, but the collared shirt appears to have really enhanced the fit...if only you would have tucked it in. the blazer still seems a bit big, but not quite as large as the first picture implies. i find for such structured tailoring, a precise fit is key. as for footwear, i would be curious to see how the suit paired with some margiela nail heel pumps.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
            • Oct 2010

I'm just not a shirt tucker. Never have been. It's a preference thang (I'm also in a weird-ish, non-creative "industry" that allows me to get away with it.)

MBD

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

white shirt, black boots, beautiful suit. Perfection.

Fit is spot on. all it needed was darker heels and a higher neckline.
              Looks stunning.

Comment

• bryantyj
                • Jun 2010

Thats a really nice look MBD.
                The CCP Hockeyes complete the outfit IMO.
                I actually like how the hockeyes are not clean which softens the look.

Comment

• Pleue
                  • Sep 2011

MBD - The suit looks waaay better with the Ann D boots Those brownish boots cut the silhouette on the bottom part and make the suit look somewhat uneasy..
                  moderation kills the spirit

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

second pic is much better. shoulders look clean & sharp and you kept the jacket unbuttoned. I don't think the button stance is particularly flattering and the jacket doesn't seem to flow as nicely when buttoned. of course it might have just been the angle if the 1 pic
                    I failed to mention the brown boots cuz I knew it was a deliberate attempt @ non conformity. Personally, I don't think it worked . The fit with the black footwear looks way better.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

The second pic is better, however the reason why none of the footwear works, (of which I personally like the hockeye's better) is not so much the footwear themselves. The pant is hemmed 2" too short and as such is not as flattering as it could be. A longer length on the pants would create a leaner Silhouette and balance the length of the Jacket

And I know the armory is gonna come out but in my opinion, as much as I love CCP menswear, From what I've seen so far I am still not convinced the cut will work well on most women's bodies. and will only work better with some serious tinkering with the shapes and proportions
                      And Im not gonna get into this argument about post gender whatever,
                      whether you believe God made mankind or we evolved, somehow women's bodies are proportionately different from men in a general sense, and there is no way of getting around that
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• mortalveneer
                        • Jan 2008

Controversy is only dreaded by the advocates of error.

Controversy is part of the nature of art and creativity.
                        I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                          And I know the armory is gonna come out but in my opinion, as much as I love CCP menswear, from what I've seen so far I am still not convinced the cut will work well on most women's bodies.
                          It's a problem indeed to speak without having seen...
                          But I have to agree on one point though : it won't work on any body.
                          But, its exactlty the same for CCP male garments. And for each and every designer actually, even though some are more forgiving.
                          Last edited by Chant; 11-05-2012, 06:46 AM. Reason: word missing

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                            It's a problem indeed to speak without having seen...
                            But I have to agree on one point though : it won't work on any body.
                            But, its exactlty the same for CCP male garments. And for each and every dessigner actually.
                            indeed, but the current version Ive seen on websites of stores who usually do a very good Job of presenting items by other designers, even menswear by him, and I've seen nothing so far that works as good as the menswear

Of course this argument is an easy cop out, to argue that all designers work only work on specific body types
                            the problem with this is that it doesn't seem that any of the unique features of women's bodies are borne in mind in the creation of this collection.........

Of which the most notable are,
                            a higher bust line
                            a shorter torso length
                            a greater differential in the waist to hip ratio

A part of the reason the Blazer looks better on MBD opened than closed is possibly that womens Jackets require a higher button stance that that of men.

I would love to see it on Interest1. i think she does have the height and the physique to pull it off.......and as for Faust, I don't think its only for power lesbians..........
                            If interest1 is a lesbian I wanna be one too
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

All the lesbians of this world wish interest1 was a lesbian.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                                I'm just not a shirt tucker. Never have been. It's a preference thang (I'm also in a weird-ish, non-creative "industry" that allows me to get away with it.)

MBD
                                I think this is one of the rare cases where an untucked shirt works with a suit. For me, it is the relatively short length combined with the flat bottom (instead of curved/"normal") that makes it come together. I still don't think that would be enough to make this work on a male, but I'm wrong so often...
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎