• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="AgentJ"]

http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/product.s?productId=833141&amp;source=category&amp ;index=82&amp;prodIndex=82&amp;listSize=86&amp;cat egoryId=557667</p>

Too pointy?
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

too pointy! shoes that extend 2 inches beyond your toes, for men or women just do not look right to me. it creates an unnatural line. maybe take a step down and find a slightly rounded toe if you are not comfortable with what others are suggesting. i will look for an example.</p>

</p>
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• AX-OV
      • Feb 2008

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="AgentJ"]Guido's wear pointy shoes? lol
      [/quote]</p>

enjoy </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Fasut, I havnt had that good of a laugh in a LOONG time... oh Man.. </p>

</p>

Agent.. I dont think your in the right place man, we are all VERY picky here, and honest.. This isn't "show me how to dress class 101". </p>

Comment

• gerry
        • Feb 2008

AgentJ, while my personal preference for shoes is far from pointy, I do think if you should figure out if you like pointy shoes and if you do, wear them.</p>

And with all respect for SZ, if you don't agree with the people here, screw em. I'm sure the karl lagerfeld groupies don't like this kind of taste, either. My point is, like AX said, I have a feeling that the style you're looking for might not be the sort that exists on this forum... I mean, are you even targeting the kind of look that's on the WAYWT forums?</p>

P.S. You might want to try posting on other forums.</p>

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="gerry"]

AgentJ, while my personal preference for shoes is far from pointy, I do think if you should figure out if you like pointy shoes and if you do, wear them.</p>

And with all respect for SZ, if you don't agree with the people here, screw em. I'm sure the karl lagerfeld groupies don't like this kind of taste, either. My point is, like AX said, I have a feeling that the style you're looking for might not be the sort that exists on this forum... I mean, are you even targeting the kind of look that's on the WAYWT forums?</p>

P.S. You might want to try posting on other forums.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I'd recommend Superfuture (maybe...) if you aren't looking to drop $450 on a pair of boots (although some do over there). I come here for aesthetic stimulation and the discussion rather than practical fashion advice for myself or purchases - personally, nothing I'm wearing at the moment cost me more than $100 and not a single piece is black and the only leather is a pair of vintage Allen Edmonds. Hardly SZ approved.</p>
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="AX-OV"][quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="AgentJ"]Guido's wear pointy shoes? lol
            [/quote]</P>

enjoy</P>

[/quote]</P>
            <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Fasut, I havnt had that good of a laugh in a LOONG time... oh Man.. </P>
            <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Agent.. I dont think your in the right place man, we are all VERY picky here, and honest.. This isn't "show me how to dress class 101". </P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

oh jesus. That is some of the greatest shit ever right there.</P>

This makes me hate Long Island. A lot.</P>

the LIRR is a railroad into the depths of hell itself.</P>
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• gerry
              • Feb 2008

[quote user="AgentJ"]

http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/product.s?productId=833141&amp;source=category&amp ;index=82&amp;prodIndex=82&amp;listSize=86&amp;cat egoryId=557667</p>

Too pointy?
              </p>

[/quote]</p>

I find the shape awkward, but not necessarily because they are pointy. The angle of the point in relation to the width of the shoe just looks kind of off. My personal opinion of shoes is that they should look... sculpted. Also, if you're trying to go for "maturity and class" stay far, far, far away from patent leather... especially crinkled patent leather.</p>

One question. So you're at Parsons ? are you intending to go into fashion design? </p>

Comment

• klangspiel
                • Apr 2007

out on a date with the alluring ida no. [51][51]</p>

julius-julius-helmut-helmut
                </p>

</p>

Comment

• Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

This makes me hate Long Island. A lot.</p>

the LIRR is a railroad into the depths of hell itself.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Depends how far you take it.</p>

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"][quote user="danieldy"]

[quote user="Faust"]Danieldy, I've been thinking about what it is that throws your outfits a bit off, and I think your jeans are too baggy, or at least that's how it looks from the pictures. I might be wrong - I know all my pictures suck for sure and do not reflect the real life look.
                    [/quote]</p>

Hey Faust? thanks so much for the feedback.</p>

I think the reason why my outfits are a bit off is because of my proportions. In addition to being just 5 foot 7, I have a long torso and stubby short legs. My dress pants inseam (which I wear without a break) is around 29". The inseam on most of my jeans are 30" (like the Diors above). Also, I have wide hips and wide shoulders which also makes me look stocky. Oh, and I also need to lose weight :P</p>

With regards to my jeans being too baggy, could you elaborate more on this? To provide an example, in this fit, the jeans are about as tight as I can wear in the waist and thighs. Also, I don't think I should go any narrower knee down because this would just make me look top heavy. In my previous fit with the Diors, I think they are my best fitting jeans right now. If you (or anyone else) could tell me what you don't like about them, that would be useful.</p>

In any case, looking forward to your and anyone else's (Servo?) feedback.</p>

[/quote]</p>

in my opinion, contrary to popular belief baggier pants on the bottom do not balance out the top half. coming from a female with a slightly curvy figure i have come to learn this. having a tighter bottom actually enhances slenderness if that is the appropriate word. it makes the line of your figure more distinct. i am not saying that they need to be skin tight. however having the tapered leg will help elongate your legs visually.</p>

[/quote]</p>

agreed. danieldy, try uniqlo slim fit straight leg jeans, see how they look. [Y]</p>
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Also, I agree with gerry. AgentJ, unfortunately your posts will get tiresome to most people very soon, methinks. I suggest you stick around browse this forum, and see if YOU like it. If you don't, than you simply have a different aesthetic and maybe it's not for you? I don't know. And, if you go to Parsons, there has got to be plenty of visual evidence for you - I would've never guessed in a million years that you go there. I see Parsons kids every week. What are you studying?
                      </p>

And, just for the record, I only posted the boots for reference - certainly not trying to make you buy a $500 pair of boots! For better or worse this forum is intertwine with some hefty $$$ purchases, and some people will inevitably have a knee-jerk reaction to that.
                      </p>
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• iSuck
                        • Mar 2008

Called in sick, going to the gym and running around town.</P>

</P>

Comment

• Pinoy
                          • Dec 2006

^^ i like that you're willing to go all out and experiment with brands you don't normally wear (still associate you with Thom Browne and Jil Sander).</p>

This fit is looking better than the last :) </p>

Comment

• iSuck
                            • Mar 2008

[quote user="danieldy"]

^^ i like that you're willing to go all out and experiment with brands you don't normally wear (still associate you with Thom Browne and Jil Sander).</P>

This fit is looking better than the last :)</P>

[/quote]Yah the other one with the jacket and the pants and the stripe shirt really wasn't something I wore out. I just wanted to try on the pants and jacket since they just arrived.</P>
                            <P mce_keep="true"></P>

the gym bag is Jil!</P>

Comment

• AgentJ
                              • Apr 2008

[quote user="Faust"]

Also, I agree with gerry. AgentJ, unfortunately your posts will get tiresome to most people very soon, methinks. I suggest you stick around browse this forum, and see if YOU like it. If you don't, than you simply have a different aesthetic and maybe it's not for you? I don't know. And, if you go to Parsons, there has got to be plenty of visual evidence for you - I would've never guessed in a million years that you go there. I see Parsons kids every week. What are you studying?
                              </p>

And, just for the record, I only posted the boots for reference - certainly not trying to make you buy a $500 pair of boots! For better or worse this forum is intertwine with some hefty $$$ purchases, and some people will inevitably have a knee-jerk reaction to that.
                              </p>

[/quote]</p>

Thats fine, i'll lurk some, just wanted some feedback. Sorry if I came across as annoying, heh. I am going to be majoring in photography. As for Parsons, what does the stereotypical Parsons kid look like? Theres a ton of average looking kids at Parsons, and a few ridiculously dressed ones. I'd like to know what a Parsons student should look like, haha.</p>

As for the boots, I understand, they're very nice though. I'm not saying $500 for shoes is necessarily ridiculous, I just cant afford it at this point in time.
                              </p>

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

It's ok, you are finding your way in a pretty vast realm, it's cool. I did not mean to be dismissive - I've been in your shoes (no pun intended) - we all have. Photography student - heh, that's not even 6 degrees of separation... I would start with browsing the designers/collections section and see if anything jumps out at you, and then just look for cheaper alternatives.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎