Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mail-Moth
    • Mar 2009

Guys, if I may, sometimes less is clearly more.

Endorphinz : that knit looks far too long to be worn with that jacket, and too boxy to fit those cropped pants, which are too light in shade to match the rest. Everything seems to belong to a different outfit.

Darkbydesign : this white drapey thing dangling from the black upper is frankly unflattering. Simply put, it looks like huge, insane diapers. The whole fit could certainly do without it, and with the headgear - or is it just some photoshop job ?
    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• darkbydesign
      • Sep 2010

^^Just a LeU beanie covering the face (just random that I use to cover face on online shots). I actually like the flow and big nature of the Julius skirt even though the color is indeed very 1800s cloth diaper like. Mainly posted it to show the skirt since it's super rare to find the white/plaster/graige Julius pieces.

Less can definitely be more, but not today. I wanted more, hence why I wore more. Wasn't really asking for a response to the look, just posting the pieces since it's WAYWT! =) It's OK if people don't like it and opinions are always part of the thread, so it's all good MM.

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

do you still have your obscur cuirass?
        do this

Comment

• darkbydesign
          • Sep 2010

Hellz yeah! I should indeed do that. Then little baby Gods will tug at my calves and we can have some real fun! How kinky! haha

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post

Endorphinz : that knit looks far too long to be worn with that jacket, and too boxy to fit those cropped pants, which are too light in shade to match the rest. Everything seems to belong to a different outfit.
            mm: couldn't respect and appreciate anyone's style more than i do yours but i'm gonna respectfully disagree on this one.

sweater does appear to be kinda long but is was pulled down taught in that pic. with any movement, it creeps up and the proportions are much better.i was aware of how the static pic looked & realized the props looked a lil off but knew it was deceptive. as far as the shades are concerned,i just don't agree.....but that's what makes horse races.

however,i always appreciate your feedback.

*edit*

i wore this version a few weeks ago
            Last edited by endorphinz; 02-16-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
              Banned
              • Aug 2009

I don't get why people try to justify shit outfits after criticism with comments like 'I can assure you it's not like that in real life, I just did it like that for the photo' (or something to that effect). If you don't believe an image to be a fair representation, then don't post it. Seems pretty simple.

darkbydesign, sorry that's an incredibly stupid looking outfit and further evidence that money can't by taste nor style. No shit, one day you'll realise what a fool you've been

Comment

• endorphinz
                Banned
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
                I don't get why people try to justify shit outfits after criticism with comments like 'I can assure you it's not like that in real life, I just did it like that for the photo' (or something to that effect). If you don't believe an image to be a fair representation, then don't post it. Seems pretty simple.
                the static pic may not be a completely accurate representation of how the fit looks when it's actually viewed irl but, I still dig it.

perhaps you care to share a perfect pic? one that needs no explanation.

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

and

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                  Less can definitely be more, but not today. I wanted more, hence why I wore more. Wasn't really asking for a response to the look, just posting the pieces since it's WAYWT! =) It's OK if people don't like it and opinions are always part of the thread, so it's all good MM.
                  good for you dbd...

I wish more members would show their shit instead of just voicing it

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post

darkbydesign, sorry that's an incredibly stupid looking outfit and further evidence that money can't by taste nor style. No shit, one day you'll realise what a fool you've been
                    A pretty good point, actually. Sometimes I have something on that looks good (or I think it looks good :)), but I can't capture it with a photo... So I don't post it.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                      the static pic may not be a completely accurate representation of how the fit looks when it's actually viewed irl but, I still dig it.

I've posted in here before man and I wear the same shit everyday so there's no need to repost. Besides, I know many people on this forum in real life, I don't need validation from people I don't know.

I don't think that's really the point though. When you post a photo you're obviously looking for approval or feedback. considering many people aren't going to see the outfit in real life, all they have to judge it on is that photo.
                      Last edited by Venus in Furs; 02-16-2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                        I don't think ViF has anything to prove. He's posted some perfect fits in the past.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

yo i agree with waywt contribution and the idea of validity behind critique but this whole "fit pic or else your opinion doesn't count" is really starting to get tired and old sounding.

its basically this threads version of OH YEAH ILL FIGHT YOU.

edit:
                          in regards to the fit, the pants are just not flattering endorphinz -- i can see the sweater fitting better after you move a bit

and darkbydesign your outfits always seems so over the top to me... which may be your personal taste but i guess thats why people voice that they dont like it (and props to you for doing what you love tho..)

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I have to agree, its just too much. that coat would require a clean and minimal lower half, this is the opposite, and the dress or whatever it is doesn't work with any of the rest, sorry.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                              yo i agree with waywt contribution and the idea of validity behind critique but this whole "fit pic or else your opinion doesn't count" is really starting to get tired and old sounding.

its basically this threads version of OH YEAH ILL FIGHT YOU.

sorry, that's the way i feel;and why shouldn't i? would you take advice from him? would his feedback mean anything to you?

and,i'm way too old to post for approval or validation. fuck, if i did it would mean that i've been unvalidated for half a century

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Honestly, what are you guys expecting from someone who hangs on his walls a painting inspired by France's worst painter, Georges Mathieu ?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎