Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • docus
    • Dec 2010

Just trying a few things on. Apologies for the crap photos and decor.

Buttoned up:

Unbuttoned:

Marvielab Cumbini M jacket - wool
    Marvielab Cumbini high neck t-shirt - cashmere and cotton
    m.a+ pleated knee trousers - cotton
    m.a+ S1A1 one piece derbies - calf leather

Comment

• darkbydesign
      • Sep 2010

Absolutely no worries and it's all good! I'm used to triggering both good and bad reviews depending on how far I go.

I seriously wasn't trying to spawn a debate by posting that outfit. I also wasn't justifying the outfit at all because there's nothing to justify in wearing clothing. I was more debating the philosophy of "minimal" vs "too much".

It's great that people don't like some of my outfits! If you wear your clothes the way others do or the way people want you to, then what's the point? I could just post WAYWT fit pics of things I know everyone will like, but wearing my wardrobe the way you like, isn't the same as trying to wear it the way I want to. And yes, i say "trying" because I think style should be very experimental so sometimes your vision doesn't converge with others'. So, sometimes people diverge, other times they converge. It's life. For me, it was simple. I thought: "Hey, I like this skirt. Since I have it on, I'm gonna take a pic and post it real quick." and then, I did. Sometimes I make people happy with what I wear on here and sometimes I scare them (you also see it on the subway and it's pretty entertaining), but either way, I still wear it, because it's for fun!

This thread doesn't have to be sooooooo serious all the time, right? But if we're being serious, most people on here are nice folks, so it's great to be critical. Still doesn't mean I care about peoples' opinion of my personal style. Personal style really isn't debatable to me. It's OK to hate it, but no need in trying to make suggestions on how to change it.

And about that painting, Christian, it's actually from a friend of mine and it's of a bridge in San Francisco, so, as much as certain people would like everything to be inspired by French people, that painting happens to be well......of a bridge in San Francisco. =)

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Guess what : I got it.
        Doesn't change anything to what I wrote though.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

Comment

• Pumpfish
            • Sep 2010

Dark, I really like it. Yeah it is busy, but it builds well. Colour works, and the silhouette is great.

End, I like what you are trying with the trousers. It is the cut. Would work well in this volume over bare legs, but may need to be bigger as a top layer.

Kunk, nice balance of volumes.
            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• ambrosian
              • Dec 2012

i dig that painting dbd
              8/10 would contemplate for 20 mins minimum

i think the contrast btw the white skurt and your outfit would be more evident and striking with black pants tho

docus i like the thickness of the jacket, reminds me of yohji. can't tell much about the lower half tho, too lo-res - would enjoy details because ma+
              street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                sorry, that's the way i feel;and why shouldn't i? would you take advice from him? would his feedback mean anything to you?
                A positive feedback from him would probably ruin my evening, though.
                Hey, maybe it happens all the time in here, and we don't know :)
                Last edited by Mail-Moth; 02-17-2013, 02:19 AM.
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                  I seriously wasn't trying to spawn a debate by posting that outfit. I also wasn't justifying the outfit at all because there's nothing to justify in wearing clothing. I was more debating the philosophy of "minimal" vs "too much".
                  Not sure if I would consider too much as the perfect antonym for minimal. Heirloom's fits, for example, are far from minimalism, but I'll never see them as being too much, because he succeeds in making all those elements work as a whole.
                  I don't see this in your last fit. It is not so much about being extravagant or over the top than lacking visual strength, because it is not pointing anywhere.
                  Expressing oneself is fine, but I can't figure what you're trying to express here.

This thread doesn't have to be sooooooo serious all the time, right? But if we're being serious, most people on here are nice folks, so it's great to be critical. Still doesn't mean I care about peoples' opinion of my personal style. Personal style really isn't debatable to me. It's OK to hate it, but no need in trying to make suggestions on how to change it.
                  But I hope it is still ok to voice our opinion and say why we still find it debatable ?
                  Last edited by Mail-Moth; 02-17-2013, 03:46 AM.
                  I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                  I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

this is hysterical, everyone who posts cares. I mean, really?

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                      A positive feedback from him would probably ruin my evening, though.
                      Hey, maybe it happens all the time in here, and we don't know :)
                      my point egggzactly

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

In Aisce+BBS pants+Julius black knit.

MM-For me, self-expression is exactly that. If everyone understood me, then it'd sometimes defeat the purpose! It's a public forum. Opinions are part of it, negative or positive, so it's all good.

Comment

• Enaml
                          • Apr 2009

How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• killah
                            • Jun 2009

starting to revert back to my old highschool freshman year style lmao

hentai cap
                            raf parachute jacket
                            hurley jacket w red furry lining lmao
                            raf tank
                            ann d pants
                            kswiss x sole collector shoes

Comment

• Enaml
                              • Apr 2009

From avantindietro to kswiss Allan? Kimochi Warui
                              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• orphée
                                • Apr 2008

Prefer toilet shot, lazy or otherwise....have same l'm crops --golden. Echo the sentiment....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎