• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
    lower as in longer ?.... probably but gotta work with what I got

*edit* actually am wearing this stuff now & just pulled the shorts lower on my hip so they just cover the top of my kness...it does look better, so thanks
    That's what I meant. :)
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• schemedream
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
      Fuuma i can't tell if this newly found love of hipster hip hop fashunz is trolling or not but it looks pretty cool man
      Living in California / Bay area has calloused me to the look done poorly. I do, however, believe that the fitted street wear look is quite appealing if it is done right in a non ironic thought out manner. I could do without the knock off plastic wayfarers and loud neon hightops.

I guess what I'm trying to say Fuuma is floss it. Maybe you can help influence that culture in a positive direction

Comment

• ACM
        • Jan 2011

Today (sorry for the quality...best the iphone could do):

InAisce Cotton/Linen Brahmin Coat
        InAisce Wool Long Button Down
        Damir Doma Light Wool Trousers
        Fiorientini+Baker Leather Boots

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
          it's cool as something you don't see often but let's take it down a few notches. If a stooges w/ a little fur on the collar is the best thing rick's ever done for men, I would say he's pretty much done then.
          We're not talking about the vision of a whole collection but an individual garment, this one is perfectly executed, from the biker style, to the distressed leather and the huge fox fur just that just underlines the decadent Rick spirit, the whole thing being a distillation of most of the undercurrents of his work: decadent, fur, camp, rock'n'roll, gay culture, street etc. I stand by what I said, best RO men's piece.

comments on trolling, motivations etc: does it matter? I mean it might be interesting to know but in the end you either appreciate the encounter of a morphology with shapes, textures and colours, as mediated though a picture and online medium and you appreciate the subcultural and pop cultural references or not.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

/\ very good....

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

l hesitated commenting on the sudden grunge influx because I really am tired of stirring shit up

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              comments on trolling, motivations etc: does it matter? I mean it might be interesting to know but in the end you either appreciate the encounter of a morphology with shapes, textures and colours, as mediated though a picture and online medium and you appreciate the subcultural and pop cultural references or not.
              Yes, it is very good and I appreciate everything you said but not everyone would be afforded the opportunity to display shapes, textures and colors in the manner you have without undergoing a barrage of wtfs.

IMHO if a noob or "lesser known"(whateva da fuck that means) member posted the same fits,he would have been told that he was in the wrong forum.

just sayin.....IMHO..... I know some vehemently disagree but I know there are some lurking in the shadows who agree completely.

I wanted to respectfully state my opinion and move on,so,carry on

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

The very good was with reference to fooma's mode of expression, which i found amusing. He's proof that it's possible to be a smart arse and retain a healthy does of charm, which is reassuring given recent events (here).
                Anyway not sure what your point is endorfinz - is he on the wrong forum? Are you on the right one?

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

wasn't commenting on whether or not anyone belongs anywhere,or any fit for that matter. just observing perception as it exists in a class hierarchy

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

l hesitated commenting on the sudden grunge influx because I really am tired of stirring shit up

Yes, it is very good and I appreciate everything you said but not everyone would be afforded the opportunity to display shapes, textures and colors in the manner you have without undergoing a barrage of wtfs.

IMHO if a noob or "lesser known"(whateva da fuck that means) member posted the same fits,he would have been told that he was in the wrong forum.

just sayin.....IMHO..... I know some vehemently disagree but I know there are some lurking in the shadows who agree completely.

I wanted to respectfully state my opinion and move on,so,carry on
                    1) This is irrelevant to the point I was making, just look at the look(s) and see if you like them or not and why.
                    2) In fact it is disingenuous considering a) I received many WTFs b) the brands I used for the fits are mostly thematically relevant to SZ (Lanvin, RO, Schneider, Margiela) and c) so is the dark styling of two out of three looks.
                    3) Sure, people tend to be more interested in those that have established credibility, it is not problematic per se, in fact this is why you tend to listen to the second album of a group if you liked the first, come here on SZ instead of picking a random website related to fashion to post on everyday, etc. Critical thinking, is, of course, all about being able to challenge those cultural consumption habits of yours and open your mindset but that is something else entirely. It doesn't stop most cultural production, outfits, economists, etc to be shitty and entirely ignored or quickly discarded by you and everyone else.
                    4) You are totally out of topic and even disingenuous, I really wonder where your comment came from, this seems to be more of a personal issue you have with something than a comment that should be associated with my postings. Take it elsewhere and make it explicit if you think it might be useful but I don't think it belongs in the thread and it certainly shouldn't be associated with one of my posts.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

1) This is irrelevant to the point I was making, just look at the look(s) and see if you like them or not and why.
                      i agree and that's exactly my point .just dont think people do that when commenting on certain people.

2) In fact it is disingenuous considering a) I received many WTFs b) the brands I used for the fits are mostly thematically relevant to SZ (Lanvin, RO, Schneider, Margiela) and c) so is the dark styling of two out of three looks.
                      disingenuous is a poor choice of words. I was 100% sincere.

You really only received 1 WTF you did receive remarks from some surprised people and,yes,the quoted brands did buy some sz credibility, warranted or not

3) Sure, people tend to be more interested in those that have established credibility, it is not problematic per se, in fact this is why you tend to listen to the second album of a group if you liked the first, come here on SZ instead of picking a random website related to fashion to post on everyday, etc. Critical thinking, is, of course, all about being able to challenge those cultural consumption habits of yours and open your mindset but that is something else entirely. It doesn't stop most cultural production, outfits, economists, etc to be shitty and entirely ignored or quickly discarded by you and everyone else.
                      don't have a problem with anything here

4)You are totally out of topic and even disingenuous, I really wonder where your comment came from, this seems to be more of a personal issue you have with something than a comment that should be associated with my postings. Take it elsewhere and make it explicit if you think it might be useful but I don't think it belongs in the thread and it certainly shouldn't be associated with one of my posts.
                      there goes that "disingenuous" word again. I really don't know why you keep using it but I can assure you that I am 100% genuine and this is absolutely NOT personal.
                      I commented(respectfully) on remarks made about your fits in the waywt thread. I believe I'm perfectly on topic

in any event, I know you, and all readers,get the drift of my sentiments so I consider the matter closed. as in no further comments by me.... got a good basketball game to watch

Comment

• upsilonkng
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                        We're not talking about the vision of a whole collection but an individual garment, this one is perfectly executed, from the biker style, to the distressed leather and the huge fox fur just that just underlines the decadent Rick spirit, the whole thing being a distillation of most of the undercurrents of his work: decadent, fur, camp, rock'n'roll, gay culture, street etc. I stand by what I said, best RO men's piece.

well said. I disagree w/ the idea that it's the single best piece ricks ever made but doesn't really matter.
                        I still disagree w/ the grunge thing but I hated it then as well, we have different motivation for everything we do, I guess i like to get further from high school(for me) and I assumed the attraction for those that do is because they only see it in pictures and never had to go thru it. Like Devo hats or neon sunglasses or "choose life" t-shirts for the generation before me.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
                          Fuuma,

I like the shift in direction. What's driving it?

And viva the distinctive dressers with a clear signature which they continually develop. AKA that's you too.
                          I agree!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

wasn't commenting on whether or not anyone belongs anywhere,or any fit for that matter. just observing perception as it exists in a class hierarchy
                            oh yes, I see what you mean, sorry for misunderstanding.

"IMHO if a noob or "lesser known"(whateva da fuck that means) member posted the same fits,he would have been told that he was in the wrong forum."

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              oh yes, I see what you mean, sorry for misunderstanding.

"IMHO if a noob or "lesser known"(whateva da fuck that means) member posted the same fits,he would have been told that he was in the wrong forum."
                              ^
                              pm sent

Comment

• tenorish
                                • Oct 2011

My $0.02 on this:

I think it is very hard and probably also quite meaningless to try and separate the worn from the wearer, to judge it purely on it's own merit. There are enough stock pictures for that.

The thing with experienced members here is that they have cultivated their own styles and aesthetic over time which gives them credibility. A credibility that then lends itself to posts with non-black non-CCP non-drapey outfits.

In this case Fuuma's postings are quite well thought out and definitely not worthy of a "WTF". It is probably only those who simply flip through these pages wanting to see the same designers (and colour) over and over that would go "WTF" at something that doesn't fit what they think is an SZ aesthetic.

I feel there aren't very many unestablished members here who post well thought out fits comprising non-Goth Ninja designers like Fuuma has recently done. Agreed, they might get some WTFs in the start, but everyone's got to invest time, effort (and usually a lot of money!) in developing their style before expecting not to be "WTF"-ed at.

But hell, even then there are those who dislike the fact that there isn't anyone "WTF"-ing at such a fit!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎