Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Helmut Lang Virgin Wool Knit Buckles and Ties Accessory woven through --> Helmut Lang Cut-out Circle Tank (Stretch Cotton)

Carol Christian Poell Fe-MALE CORD-PTC Breadsticks Trousers (Cotton)

Martine Sitbon Studded Leather Covered Cone Heel with Simple Ankle Strap (Cow Leather)

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

mbd that's very nice actually. militaristic, sporty and prim all in one.

Comment

• docus
        • Dec 2010

Nice fit MDB. Martine Sitbon - now there's an underrated designer - I have a few pieces of her menswear from a few years back and they're some of my most cherished pieces.

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
          Helmut Lang Virgin Wool Knit Buckles and Ties Accessory woven through --> Helmut Lang Cut-out Circle Tank (Stretch Cotton)
          Ohhh those accessories, put them on over anything and it's transformed. I miss Lang.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• francojean23
            • Sep 2008

carol and rick

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Carol Christian Poell Fe-MALE CORD-PTC Breadsticks Trousers (Cotton)

Martine Sitbon Studded Leather Covered Cone Heel with Simple Ankle Strap (Cow Leather)

MBD
              Gorgeous
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LOVE
                • Dec 2007

daaaaaaaaaamn girl

Comment

• dabuliuyo
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by francojean23 View Post

carol and rick
                  metre jacket is really nice, self-edge is much more easy to wear than leather

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

I dig the jacket but I think it could use something a bit more dramatic underneath
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• francojean23
                      • Sep 2008

i hear ya... i just received it and threw it on

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I can't help but feel a little pleased when I can pull things out of my closet purchased 10 years ago (in the case of the Lang pieces) or even 15 (in the case of the Sitbon) and pair them with a pair of relatively new CCP breadsticks without looking like a period study.

It makes me wonder if there isn't more continuity and relation between the two intellectual, Austrian designers than has been explored thus far.

At a more basic level, I remember that before Lang there was no such thing as >$100 tank tops and "designer jeans." If I am able to wear one of Lang or Sitbon's pieces today because the design and fabrication was executed with the sort of integrity that transcends annual trends, that longevity would seem to justify the purchase of "luxury" basics over those that require replacement every six months.

One wonders, then, if Lang's insistence on designing clothing whose obsolescence was not planned may have unwittingly played a hand in his early demise as a designer? (I believe that Helmut Lang operated at a loss from 2000 on....).

In any case, hopefully, this case offers material evidence in support of choosing quality over the quantity that "fast fashion" can provide.

Some great fits over the last months. It seems that many people are finding their comfort spot(s). Kudos!

MBD
                        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Funny, but with Atelier getting a couple of reissued Poell pieces in the other day I thought how before this reminder I totally put him out of my mind. And then I thought he's digging his own grave by all this "I will put out a collection once every two years" bullshit because I don't know how many people miss his output. But I know I miss Lang even now, and his oeuvre comes into my mind now and then. (Of course, Poell does not matter in the big fashion picture)
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I can't help but feel a little pleased when I can pull things out of my closet purchased 10 years ago (in the case of the Lang pieces) or even 15 (in the case of the Sitbon) and pair them with a pair of relatively new CCP breadsticks without looking like a period study.

It makes me wonder if there isn't more continuity and relation between the two intellectual, Austrian designers than has been explored thus far.

At a more basic level, I remember that before Lang there was no such thing as >$100 tank tops and "designer jeans." If I am able to wear one of Lang or Sitbon's pieces today because the design and fabrication was executed with the sort of integrity that transcends annual trends, that longevity would seem to justify the purchase of "luxury" basics over those that require replacement every six months.

One wonders, then, if Lang's insistence on designing clothing whose obsolescence was not planned may have unwittingly played a hand in his early demise as a designer? (I believe that Helmut Lang operated at a loss from 2000 on....).

In any case, hopefully, this case offers material evidence in support of choosing quality over the quantity that "fast fashion" can provide.

Some great fits over the last months. It seems that many people are finding their comfort spot(s). Kudos!

MBD

I dont think so
                            based on my recollection, Lang had an healthy enough business to be at least breaking even. the jeans was especially selling well.
                            It was selling his company wit the intent to expand, and ultimately losing control that led to the exit of one of the great talents in modern times...
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

^ 10/10
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• shuit
                                • Apr 2012

Looking very outstanding Shuck! The white layer underneath at the waist is such a great choices, work like charm with long sleeves!

MBD so cute.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎