• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fncyths
    • Apr 2010

back. to. the. future.

Originally posted by Shucks
    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
    Originally posted by interest1
    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

AA++++ great debate, will read again.

seems about the right time to post this, though its not new

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• trentk
        • Oct 2010

^that is the only context in which I like skirts on guys. When they're black and worn with a black blazer, they don't appear feminine in the slightest. The only danger is that of looking cultish or religious. I've never worn a skirt, but I do wear RO rectangle flap pants with black blazers.
        "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by trentk View Post

. . . The only danger is that of looking cultish or religious . . .
          You say that like it's a bad thing.
          sain't

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

seems about the right to post this, though its not new

[IMG]jpg[/IMG]
            this I dig. not all skirt fits are created =.

Comment

• trentk
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
              You say that like it's a bad thing.
              Its only a bad thing when people actually think I'm fervently religious or in a cult. As opposed to say... non-religious but greatly touched by the music of a religious composer like Vladmir Martynov. (click picture to listen).
              Or non-religious, but fascinated with things like links the philosopher of mathematics Albert Lautman finds between the philosophical problematic of perfection/imperfection as it is expressed in Descartes on God, and the same problematic as it is expressed in modern algebra.*

*way too technical for a fashion forum, but here's the relevant quote on the off chance that anyone is interested in the sort of thing:
              "Not only does imperfection presuppose perfection but, and this is the other point that we insist on, imperfection being only a privation, it is possible, solely by consideration of the imperfect, to determine the attributes of the perfect being. This is what the text of the Discourse
              shows: For, according to the arguments I have just advanced, in order to know the nature of God, as far as my own nature was capable of knowing it, I had only to consider, for each thing of which I found in myself some idea, whether or not it was a perfection to possess it; and I was sure that none of those which indicated any imperfection was in God, but that all the others were. (Descartes 1985, 128)The distance that separates perfection from imperfection is thus inscribed in the very nature of the imperfect being. The mind rises to the absolute in a movement whose steps are controlled by the end that is perceived from the starting point. The structure of the imperfect being then takes on its true meaning: its complication or its obscurity are only deviations with respect to the transparent simplicity of the final vision, the ascent towards perfection seems to go through in reverse the stages of an anteriordegradation.It is possible to retrieve in some theories of modern algebra similar rela-tions between perfection and imperfection, we will study in this chapter the necessity of this reference to an absolute which lets itself be seen in the imperfect nature of certain mathematical entities, and this ascent toward it in a series of steps each of which effaces some impurity, up to the last where every defect is rectified. This is a very different mode of thought to those arising in ordinary arithmetic. Arithmetic is in effect the domain of recurrence to infinity, whereas what is characteristic of the movement of the theories that will be considered is the existence of an end conceived in advance as a term of the ascent. In class field theory, that goal is the absolute class field, in the theory of the uniformization of algebraic or ana-lytic functions on a Riemann surface, it is the universal covering surface.The logical framework of each of these two theories is derived from Galois’ theory of algebraic equations. Although several authors
              have also already presented the philosophical importance of this, we think it should be shown anew how it contains the mathematical tools necessary for the passage to the absolute." (Lautman, Mathematics Ideas & the Physical Real, pg 126)
              Last edited by trentk; 09-14-2013, 09:43 PM.
              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• fncyths
                • Apr 2010

but what if you ARE fervently religious AND in a cult ANND love to touch greatly?!

Originally posted by Shucks
                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                Originally posted by interest1
                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• trentk
                  • Oct 2010

^no idea, but I'm watching that film now

Comment

• church of tiamat
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                    ^that is the only context in which I like skirts on guys. When they're black and worn with a black blazer, they don't appear feminine in the slightest. The only danger is that of looking cultish or religious. I've never worn a skirt, but I do wear RO rectangle flap pants with black blazers.
                    good point, though I wouldn't have a courage to dress like this.

anyway, good outfit lowrey

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

fall means pigskin.....and goat...and lamb...and cow

Comment

• ironman
                        • Apr 2008

from the pockets it looks like lowrey's is a cdgh+ apron from aw09 though?

in my opinion pretty different from a skirt as it is somewhat mandatory to wear something underneath, unless you want to show your bare ass

Comment

• church of tiamat
                          • Sep 2013

endorphinz

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Never said it was a skirt

Its indeed an apron, but extended so that it wraps all the way around. I do always wear pants with it, though
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• xeraphim
                              • Nov 2008

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

^ wow

also digging lowrey apron fit!
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...