• Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
    thom browne
    gustavolins
    zb
    uniqlo
    av_field
    to be honest i'm not liking the way the pants fit. they look baggy, but not in a good way. are you wearing the right size?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I agree. I am also not a fan of the color combination. There is a lot of contrast in all four elements of the outfit. I wonder if slimmer pants and at least boots that matched the pants in color would make this better. Sorry, I hope you will take this as constructive criticism.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Icarium
        • Oct 2010

No, no it's great feedback guys. I posted this on styleforum and nearly everyone honed in on the pants. My pants selection is incredibly weak and I need to remedy that... while I have too much, very similar outerwear/footwear.

These are uniqlo/cotton linen pants that drape a little wonky and given the structure/fittedness of the blazer it makes sense that I should have gone with a slimmer, more structured pant.

I was vaguely hoping the linen blazer would crumple more and suit the pants more, but I don't think it was a realistic hope since I just got the blazer and given how fitted it is, it probably just won't ever work with those pants.

I was wondering if I was going too colorful with the shoes and was considering some black guidi derbies or ankle boots instead, but I got the hankering to finally cut the red laces on the av_field shoes and make them wearable as before they were too long and I'd have to wrap it around my ankles as otherwise they'd just get loose and I'd be stepping on them multiple times throughout the night.

Yup the feedback is much appreciated. Yeah as I've mentioned before I'm more of a clothing collector/nerd, but I think I'm at the point where it might be time to hone my styling a bit to do the pieces justice especially now that I have a slightly better camera. So no need to go easy on the feedback.

I'm here to learn so not going to complain about how the lessons are taught and even if I never get it... fundamentally I'm happy to own the pieces themselves and that this place has helped me in facilitating their acquisition :)

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Of course the first and foremost thing is to know what you yourself want and what you yourself feel comfortable in (if that applies to you).
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• arby2001
            • Jan 2011

your build is an interesting one to work with icarium. there's something rather "off" about the pics you took although i find it hard to point out where it lies.

i would definitely recommend taking a look at how vehk has his jeans/pants fit as they are perfect. i would also like the jacket slightly more tailored. you also need to have a bit of edginess to pull this stuff off imo, but if you're more of a collector then fair enough.
            too skinny for rick

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
              this on styleforum and nearly everyone honed in on the pants. ar outerwear/footwear.

These are uniqlo/cotton linen pants that drape a little wonky and given the structure/fittedness of the blazer it makes sense that I should have gone with a slimmer, more structured pant.
              good to see you posting again
              I should come to SoCal and beat you........................as a freind of mine you of all persons should NOT be having a problem with pants....
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by arby2001 View Post
                your build is an interesting one to work with icarium. there's something rather "off" about the pics you took although i find it hard to point out where it lies.

i would definitely recommend taking a look at how vehk has his jeans/pants fit as they are perfect. i would also like the jacket slightly more tailored. you also need to have a bit of edginess to pull this stuff off imo, but if you're more of a collector then fair enough.
                I am not sure if this counts as constructive criticism, though perhaps Icarium is not offended. I mean, it's one thing to ask a guy to change a pair of pants and another thing to change his personality

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• destroymebaby
                  • Aug 2012

Yet another simple BBS & CCP combo. All cotton by BBS and all bison by CCP.
                  The morning is not enough.

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

i love it. this is me 3 or 4 days a week now that it is cool enough to wear a jacket. yes it is simple but it is awesome.

and not because of the labels btw. however, looking at this photo it is easy to understand why these labels get the accolades and loyalty that they do...
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• destroymebaby
                      • Aug 2012

Thank you, and you're quite right about the labels. They certainly deserve the acknowledgement they get. Also; on my own body these two often need each other.
                      The morning is not enough.

Comment

• Icarium
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        good to see you posting again
                        I should come to SoCal and beat you........................as a freind of mine you of all persons should NOT be having a problem with pants....
                        Ahaha, no no my zam pants are my go to for this aesthetic. But as you can see my legs are short and the length is a little tooo ridiculous on them and I've been unwilling to trust local tailors with them :)

In the devoa fit I cuffed the pants inside by 2-3 inches and still hid buku stacks in the sneaker boots :p

I'm kicking myself for not establishing a proper length for optimal stacking with your direct input when I visited so that I can order then so in the future.

Left my job in May so purchases have tapered, but I desperately wanting to shore up my self perceived pants deficit with the linen cotton minimalist pants in both grey and black :) Hope the offer I expect to materialize does soon :)

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

Action shot:

Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme felt derby
                          Rick Owens Cashmere Knit Dress

MBD
                          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• #ruin
                            • Jul 2011

not particularly creative, but i took a real liking to the fw12 look.

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

oh wow.

Comment

• Piffen
                                • Aug 2007

Photographing the photographer.

Jacket - leather
                                Tee - viscose
                                Jeggings - denim/spandex
                                Boots/bag/bracelet - leather