• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by imblurredout View Post
    What's wrong with tight pants?
    is there anything wrong with them? probably not, but to be honest they just don't look good to me, especially paired with the very balloony jacket and bulky boots, results in a very awkward silhouette. just my opinion.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dorje
      • Oct 2013

imblurred, tight pants can look good but it's possible you don't realize your legs happen to be very slim? The tight pants accentuate that and draw attention to that particular facet of your physique, one that you may NOT want to draw attention to. So it's not the tight pants that are the issue, but imo, they just don't compliment your physique.

Almost everyone has some sort of body issue, yours is easily fixable with some resistance training so that's actually good news. Can't fix my scarred up hairy chest, lol...

edit: actually you'd fit right in as a male model for SL...

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

You recommend resistance training? Your problem is not his problem.

I can understand suggesting looser pants, but that was ridiculous.
        sain't

Comment

• Dorje
          • Oct 2013

I intended no harm with any of my comments, didn't think it was a big deal. Sorry if it offended anyone. Peace.

Edit: a quote from a somewhat popular designer around here, who basically told everyone to go work out...

“Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothes and go the gym instead.”

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

yes, please, lets stick to commenting on how the clothing looks, not how someone should feel about their physique or change it.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dorje
              • Oct 2013

lowrey, I totally agree that it is a slippery slope but there is definitely a relation between the body and clothes? Especially in imblurred's fit... so if the oufit does not compliment the body is that subject off limits? I think common sense and courtesy would be the general rule but if those kind of comments are off limits I understand as it is likely to offend if not worded thoughtfully.

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Dorje View Post
                lowrey, I totally agree that it is a slippery slope but there is definitely a relation between the body and clothes? Especially in imblurred's fit... so if the oufit does not compliment the body is that subject off limits? I think common sense and courtesy would be the general rule but if those kind of comments are off limits I understand as it is likely to offend if not worded thoughtfully.
                I'll chime in one more time and then I'll drop it.

Scenario: a female with a noticeably fuller figure posts a 'fit wearing a pair of jeans that hug every curve. Do you openly post a suggestion that she might benefit from a little cardio?
                "Lose 7 or 8 pounds and I think you'll look better in slim pants". I don't think that would go over so well.

My point is that we remove the element of (perceived) personal attack when we suggest ways to better the outfit, rather than the body inside of it.
                sain't

Comment

• ambrosian
                  • Dec 2012

everyone just jealous they don't have the ~thigh gap~

i think the fit is ridiculous in all the right ways
                  street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• Vanna
                    • May 2008

I've been trying to get back to my birth weight for a long time. I think the fit looks good. If I were that skinny I'd just run around naked.
                    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• upsilonkng
                      • May 2010

Eugene I'm gonna follow u w/ the og 07 rick parka and a shit snow storm in tokyo + rick tokyo shot w/ my son.

exploder parka moleskin, zb, dd, immense(i'm taiwanese)/Rick

Rick doll/zb beanie/Baby Eno/BBS/Rick/Rick

Comment

• Dorje
                        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                        I'll chime in one more time and then I'll drop it.

Scenario: a female with a noticeably fuller figure posts a 'fit wearing a pair of jeans that hug every curve. Do you openly post a suggestion that she might benefit from a little cardio?
                        "Lose 7 or 8 pounds and I think you'll look better in slim pants". I don't think that would go over so well.
                        Well, that would definitely violate any sort of "common sense" rule!

I do understand you and lowrey's point though.

upsilon, nice!

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Dorje - I knew you'd get where I was coming from. :)

upsilonkng - + 3 more for including your little cutie
                          sain't

Comment

• pseudonym
                            • Jun 2009

Comment

• MajesticMap
                              • Nov 2011

you know, there's a better discussion here (away from the bizarre, body-fascist simple-simon stuff) that we can take from that fitpic, as it was hinted at earlier. It's interesting the connection that a good bit of the SZ aesthetic has to the sort of holy-trinity of mod/skinhead/punk subculture. I really love the idea that a full on Rick Owens outfit can become insta-skin just by throwing a bomber jacket over it and that we still have those cultural markers we carry around with us no matter how severe the garments that are being paired with them.
                              is that make sense to ya'll?!

Comment

• boodude
                                • Oct 2012

I love that fit pseudonym!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎