X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dorje
    • Oct 2013

More normcore today....

Cloak peacoat, thanks A! No more kopping anything for a while!

Comment

• kanne
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
      malevich
      yeah, same time. you know what i mean.

it's not current season drkshdw by the way, is it?

Comment

• jumpoff
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Dorje View Post
        Cloak peacoat
        Nitpicking, but buttoning the jacket like that makes it look a bit off. Or is it too small?

Comment

• nicelynice
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
          Nitpicking, but buttoning the jacket like that makes it look a bit off. Or is it too small?
          That Cloak peacoat has always been a bit weird-fitting in my experience, I had one in my size that looked off like 75% of the time if it wasn't sitting perfectly on me. It's a pleasure to look at on a hanger, but I couldn't make it work. Try buttoning all the front buttons, seemed to make it fit "straighter" on me.

Since I'm posting, here's a fit from a couple days ago:

Rick
          T-shirt
          Nonnative
          Jun Hashimoto

Comment

• drizzly
            Banned
            • Apr 2012

Kick ass

what kind of leather is your rick?

Comment

• nicelynice
              • Oct 2009

Thanks, heavy washed lamb from FW08, one of my favorites from him

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Ah, those pesky stooges sleeves, too long, are they not?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nicelynice
                  • Oct 2009

They are indeed, and I've been waffling about getting them hemmed for, oh, the past four years or so. They're nice in the winter when my hands get cold, but quite obnoxious in most other situations

Comment

• Dorje
                    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                    That Cloak peacoat has always been a bit weird-fitting in my experience, I had one in my size that looked off like 75% of the time if it wasn't sitting perfectly on me. It's a pleasure to look at on a hanger, but I couldn't make it work. Try buttoning all the front buttons, seemed to make it fit "straighter" on me.
                    I tried buttoning the top button, I do think it looks better that way, thanks!

Also, it is tiny bit small on me but I'd prefer a slimmer fit than to size up on this piece... maybe I will lose a little weight this summer...

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

^The peacoat fit is way better then the other one (sorry, there's just nothing right going on in your previous fit), but yea why wouldn't you button the top button on a peacoat? I have this coat and totally love it, it does have a strong shoulder and a supressed waist but I think the cut is brilliant, not awkward at all. Only complaint is that while it looks awesome to have super slim sleeves, the armholes are super high on mine which can get uncomfortable (but I got an XS, oh well suffer for fashion).
                      music

Comment

• ES3K
                        • Oct 2008

I have a peacoat, too.

Comment

• Dorje
                          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                          ^The peacoat fit is way better then the other one (sorry, there's just nothing right going on in your previous fit), but yea why wouldn't you button the top button on a peacoat? I have this coat and totally love it, it does have a strong shoulder and a supressed waist but I think the cut is brilliant, not awkward at all. Only complaint is that while it looks awesome to have super slim sleeves, the armholes are super high on mine which can get uncomfortable (but I got an XS, oh well suffer for fashion).
                          After I tried buttoning it I'm not sure why I did not before ... it seemed like the lapels rolled right past the top button like a 3r2 blazer and it felt like the top button was never used by the previous owner, but I do agree it looks better buttoned.

I agree with the fit, it does not seem awkward on me but I could see it not working for some body types with a small drop.

The last fit was an experiment, I have not posted a pic of the Devoa pants and I think I got my opinion about what they look like... although I think they may look a lot better irl/in motion. But what I'm hearing is "sell them"...

edit: I should also mention I have huge legs, the pants in the last fit are near skintight at my calves (16") and this limits my pants selection and makes things awkward sometimes... I just can't slim my leg silhouette down.

ES3K and Shucks looking good w or w/out peacoat!
                          Last edited by Dorje; 03-14-2014, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• shuit
                            • Apr 2012

few days back..

Comment

• unwashed
                              • Dec 2008

Nice Shuit and Shucks. Like the silhouettes. The fits kinda look similar with the slim jeans, hi-tops, flaring underlayer/skirt and crewneck/sweater. Shucks wearing the more cleaner version and Shuit the rugged version.

Shucks, do you wear your shoelaces around the shoes or tuck them away?

last weekend, first days of spring deserve something less dark

_7|RO|BBS|CCP
                              Last edited by unwashed; 03-14-2014, 01:17 PM. Reason: added fitpic
                              Grailed link

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                                They are indeed, and I've been waffling about getting them hemmed for, oh, the past four years or so. They're nice in the winter when my hands get cold, but quite obnoxious in most other situations
                                Just do it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎