Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Why thanks, leather and scarf are Siki Im, pants undercover and Ann shoes.

Looking good in the group photo. Tons of good fits lately!

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    /\ Very nice, Casey! The proportions are perfect. But what you are wearing? :-)
    music

Comment

• newp
      • Feb 2013

Fitness tips @ stylezeitgeist time!

Squat, squat, squat, am I right?

God, I won't stop complaining how the lack of a person who makes a photo, lack of proper mirror, shitty lens which distorts proportions and crappy lightning can affect my life. Time to do something about it.

MA+, the Viridi Anne, MA+, Guidi. I am really happy how jacket worked with my build, especially arms.

Comment

• k3mist
        • Apr 2013

the-arm: one of your best! love the proportions
        and nice jacket newp.

Comment

• BrokenBoards
          • Jan 2014

Digging back a few pages but:

Faust: I assume the body of your Stooges is the excessively heavy calf leather from the past few seasons? It looks to be the closest I've seen in terms of texture/weight to mine. If so, I am partially envious of your lack of leather sleeves on it, as the heavy weight and long sleeves on mine helped contribute to a cracked iPhone screen. Angry significant other, cracked phone, any other Stooges related drama?

AngelOfDeath: One of the best fit examples I've seen of knowing how to dress to your body type, regardless of if the cardigan is open or closed.

BlackFedora: The cosplay fit has a certain novelty to it, but if everyone else hadn't decided to up the ante as of late, you would have had this thread on lockdown for awhile with that first pic!
          "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• The-Arm
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            /\ best in show. hats off.
            Thank you for your kind words good sir!

lowrey that group shot is truly fantastic! Theres just something about seeing a whole murder of zeitgeisters together!

casem83 and BlackFedora exceptional.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
              • Jun 2012

Lot of gold on this page. Kind of a sucker for the Rick couple photo.

Guess I'll beat the dead horse while I'm at it and say blackfedora really nailed it, too.
              I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• Vanna
                • May 2008

Blackfedora looks sharp but it doesn't blow my mind or anything. I know its CCP so there's fairy dust or some shit involved. But that's beyond me and my layman's understanding.

The arm looks amazing as always though. So effortless yet creative. Love the proportions.

And Casey and shuit always look dope.
                Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post

Austrian CCPrack

Upon reading lazyguru's words, I figured, fuck it, lets go a little further, maybe a little cosplay. But it does include the fedora and sun glasses from the late 1800's.

I dunno, proportions, textures and colours are aesthetically nice but I am not sure conjuring the image of a steampunk gipsy rapist ought to be sought after.
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                    Digging back a few pages but:

Faust: I assume the body of your Stooges is the excessively heavy calf leather from the past few seasons? It looks to be the closest I've seen in terms of texture/weight to mine. If so, I am partially envious of your lack of leather sleeves on it, as the heavy weight and long sleeves on mine helped contribute to a cracked iPhone screen. Angry significant other, cracked phone, any other Stooges related drama?
                    Yes, that's the one - and now I understand the need for contrasting sleeves. Bending arms would've been a real bitch. But how did you know that I cracked my phone just last week?!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blackfedora
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                      I dunno, proportions, textures and colours are aesthetically nice but I am not sure conjuring the image of a steampunk gipsy rapist ought to be sought after.
                      Admittedly, I only added the fedora and sunglasses briefly for the second picture to goof around and figured that a few would find the outfit a little outlandish. The cane however is not a prop, but rather a mainstay for the last 3 years with some brief moments of reprieve. I just don't include it in most pictures that I post because it is often percieved as kitschy or something. I certainly don't mind some constructive criticism, but garnering comparison to the image of some type of rapist is kinda harsh, non? I enjoy your wit and analysis on this forum for the most part, but the "image conjuring" comparison made above, just feels mean spirited, then again, maybe I'm not it perceiving properly.
                      Last edited by blackfedora; 03-18-2014, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Admittedly, I only added the fedora and sunglasses briefly for the second picture to goof around and figured that a few would find the outfit a little outlandish. The cane however is not a prop, but rather a mainstay for the last 3 years with some brief moments of reprieve. I just don't include it in most pictures that I post because it is often percieved as kitschy or something. I certainly don't mind some constructive criticism, but garnering comparison to the image of some type of rapist is kinda harsh, non? I enjoy your wit and analysis on this forum for the most part, but the "image conjuring" comparison made above, just feels mean spirited, then again, maybe I'm not it perceiving properly.
                        The alley, the sunglasses, I find that, once again, the aesthetic feel of the outfit, your body etc are quite fine but all together the cultural associations it conjures are really unseemly or even creepy. This may be fine by you but considering that if you remove something we're back to an eccentric but less determined outfit.

As to the cane well I had a meal yesterday with a gentleman with a club-foot (and cane) and that didn't stop him from going to Cuba in '61 along with the earliest french commies of that generation, changing his mind about the USSR, traveling all over the world and marrying a cool Italian semiologist as his fourth wife. Best way to treat people with handicaps is to be as much of an asshole with them as with everyone else, after all they are everyone else as much as anyone else.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

Blackfedora's fit is one of the best in ages for me. That qouted picture is referred to as cosplay, so I would not take it too seriously, and I doubt it is meant that way, but if we do, let's also discuss white laces in black boots (in Germany at least a Nazi symbol) and the overwhelming herd of beards, some looking dangerously Taliban-like, more so with added draping. In the end it's just clothes or, I hate the word, fashion. The absurdity is the will to stand out by adapting, which is giving me sociological nightmares.

Comment

• drizzly
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2012

I found it mean spirited like he had to find fault with a perfect fit.

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                            The alley, the sunglasses, I find that, once again, the aesthetic feel of the outfit, your body etc are quite fine but all together the cultural associations it conjures are really unseemly or even creepy. This may be fine by you but considering that if you remove something we're back to an eccentric but less determined outfit.

As to the cane well I had a meal yesterday with a gentleman with a club-foot (and cane) and that didn't stop him from going to Cuba in '61 along with the earliest french commies of that generation, changing his mind about the USSR, traveling all over the world and marrying a cool Italian semiologist as his fourth wife. Best way to treat people with handicaps is to be as much of an asshole with them as with everyone else, after all they are everyone else as much as anyone else.
                            Yes treat people the same but don't insult them for no reason as well. You are looking for flaws where there weren't any. Rapist in an alley did not come to mind to anyone except you.

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

I thought less rapist, more jack the ripper. not so much better.

Comment

• boodude
                                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                                Blackfedora's fit is one of the best in ages for me. That qouted picture is referred to as cosplay, so I would not take it too seriously, and I doubt it is meant that way, but if we do, let's also discuss white laces in black boots (in Germany at least a Nazi symbol) and the overwhelming herd of beards, some looking dangerously Taliban-like, more so with added draping. In the end it's just clothes or, I hate the word, fashion. The absurdity is the will to stand out by adapting, which is giving me sociological nightmares.
                                Exactly my sentiments! Awesome fit Fedora pls keep them comming!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎