X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
    Yes treat people the same but don't insult them for no reason as well. You are looking for flaws where there weren't any. Rapist in an alley did not come to mind to anyone except you.
    This whole conversation is incredible, not in its specificity (you may disagree with my assessment of the cultural associations of this specific outfit) but in the denial of the importance of sombre/scary/unseemly associations being part of both the design process and the surrounding environment (presentations, runway shows, promotional materials etc.) of a large proportion of SZ designers. Using a specific example, I would go so far as to venture that if you have never though of, at least, abattoirs, Nazis and bondage when looking at certain CCP pieces, your lack of knowledge is so striking as to make you an outsider to contemporary western culture at large.

Next you'll tell me the resurgence of bombers in collections has nothing to do with the erotic mix of fascination and repulsion skinheads exert on numerous members of the gay community.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

doublepost
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• kuugaia
        • Feb 2010

^ I don't think this one of those discussions to be intellectualising. It was a dude who posted a fit in jest (hence cosplay comment), and you called him a rapist. Let's just move along.

MBD - you're always killing it. I never thought the InAisce vest could be styled with a skirt like that, but seriously dope. Hate the clogs though...haha.

cjbreed - my man...you need to get a fucking better camera. That fuzzy bullshit don't do your fits justice.

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Shuit, what do you pair them with besides geobaskets. I find them hard to wear with any outerwear because they are such a strong piece in themself.
          i had them briefly and paired them with julius reverse steer backzips, i felt the texture of the reverse leather complimented the destructed denim and kept everything cohesive. i wear a pair of julius jeans that are fairly similar but a bit "less".

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

cjbreed - my man...you need to get a fucking better camera. That fuzzy bullshit don't do your fits justice.
            agreed. challenge accepted.
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              Next you'll tell me the resurgence of bombers in collections has nothing to do with the erotic mix of fascination and repulsion skinheads exert on numerous members of the gay community.
              THIS. Also, I would say the whole buffalo boy scene from the late 80's early 90's(which is the decade of choice at te mo) has a lot to do with it.
              The style popularised by Ray Petri, Nick Kamen and Neneh Cherrys "buffalo stance". Even Pharrel wearing V.W's buffalo hat is a nod to that era.
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• eleves
                • Sep 2012

these past few pages have just been filled with great outfits, I love it!

@cjbreed, I finally saw that jacket in person and it is quite the wonderful piece
                Originally posted by Faust
                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

silly walking pic in sunny Virginia courtesy of the missus.

CORAWO and BIUS on the top and bottom respectively, the rest is assorted.

Comment

• drizzly
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    This whole conversation is incredible, not in its specificity (you may disagree with my assessment of the cultural associations of this specific outfit) but in the denial of the importance of sombre/scary/unseemly associations being part of both the design process and the surrounding environment (presentations, runway shows, promotional materials etc.) of a large proportion of SZ designers. Using a specific example, I would go so far as to venture that if you have never though of, at least, abattoirs, Nazis and bondage when looking at certain CCP pieces, your lack of knowledge is so striking as to make you an outsider to contemporary western culture at large.

I understand you are trying to deflect from the fact that you insulted a guy and now are talking about style inspirations. True they can come from dark corners but doesn't mean that this day and age those are the same dark corners. Hugo Boss made suits for the SS, BMW/Mercedes had slave labor but people rarely associate them with nazis. I see a lot of nazi in punk and i never understood why but its very blatant there whereas in CCP (if there is some form of Nazi influence) i don't really see it. The bondage part i do see, nazi not so much.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

dji,

wow.

very clean, very sharp, very easy.

everything just fits you so well [& is equally well chosen] - looking smart, sir!
                      —
                      -

Comment

• boodude
                        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by dji View Post
                        silly walking pic in sunny Virginia courtesy of the missus.

CORAWO and BIUS on the top and bottom respectively, the rest is assorted.
                        yep, very nice ccp outfit, clean and tasteful and it fits you superbly!

Comment

• originalre0
                          • Jan 2011

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post

MBD Hate the clogs though...haha.
                            Ha, yes, I know that the clogs are a divisive item, and on SZ, a divisive item, as we can see, is something that one might have to "step outside" over.

I think the Japanese hold an unusual aesthetic when it comes to footwear -- few heels and a lot of unusually, or comically, proportioned clogs, platforms, and work boots for women. This pair happen to be my house shoes, but shhh, don't tell anyone!

What I was wearing yesterday:

Yohji Yamamoto Cotton "Bucket" Hat
                            Yohji Yamamoto Dress Shirt with Belt Closure
                            Yohji Yamamoto Lightlane Wool Skirt with Attached Belt
                            ooooooold Guidi & Rosellini shoes

MBD
                            "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                            It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                            My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• boodude
                              • Oct 2012

^^very nice and graceful MBD! love how the shirt and the skirt fit you!

Comment

• blackfedora
                                • Jan 2012

That looks perfectly balanced MBD.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡