• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
    you're making me hungry
    given all the places you're constantly eating at (and the size of those orders), if I didn't know any better, the Harnden purchases and all the loose fitting clothes are worn to hide a massive gut
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      You're always hungry
      He can't be hungry. He's always eating.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
        given all the places you're constantly eating at (and the size of those orders), if I didn't know any better, the Harnden purchases and all the loose fitting clothes are worn to hide a massive gut
        Yeah I'm trying to develop some new tattoo canvas.

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
        He can't be hungry. He's always eating.
        The thing about eating Jewish food... 72 hours later you're hungry again!

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
          Yeah I'm trying to develop some new tattoo canvas.
          Knew it!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            The simplicity of Harnden and the focus on fabrics rather than changing the designs I liken to hardcore foodies who first evolve and evolve and then want the most complicated execution in their dishes and meals... then years later this (d)evolves into a want for something that is straightforward with a focus on the ingredients rather than overt complexity.

After a while, it becomes too time consuming to layer 5 things, make sure everything matches, put on all your chains and rings etc. etc. It is so much easier to have a series of garments in which everything goes with everything.

To me, there perfect complement to Harnden is maybe a slice of Difara's. Simple yet complex with a focus on the basic components.
            thats kind of what i meant when i said post-fashion. and that its worn by some of the most stylish guys around that have been heavily into fashion/clothing for a while. once you've been through it all and participated in all the silliness and extravagance that fashion has to offer, its nice to simplify and return to traditional designs and hand crafted techniques. this works especially well with harnden. the fabrics and the fit go very well with other more aggressive designs and it creates a nice contrast.
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
              thats kind of what i meant when i said post-fashion. and that its worn by some of the most stylish guys around that have been heavily into fashion/clothing for a while. once you've been through it all and participated in all the silliness and extravagance that fashion has to offer, its nice to simplify and return to traditional designs and hand crafted techniques. this works especially well with harnden. the fabrics and the fit go very well with other more aggressive designs and it creates a nice contrast.
              same mindset as to why I one day hope to have a minimalist house filled with Serra pieces :)

Comment

• francojean23
                • Sep 2008

That all makes sense, and I'm sympathetic to it, but I would hesitate to call it post-fashion, as if to indicate that it is somehow outside the market or capitalist forces of which fashion is an exemplar. It's really the ability of the same industry to create/capture and more importantly capitalize on a new desire. It might be more accurate to call it hyper-fashion; the exorbitant prices alone reinforce that reading.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

this is Post fashion:

obviously Harnden
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I'd say a guy in full on Harnden outfit looks equally if not more outlandish
                    than a guy in full on Rick Owens.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

depends on context?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Paul Harnden is the normcore of the avant-garde. Or in Diane Vreeland's words, "It takes a lot of money to look so poor."
                        well said haha.

while it's certain to get one nods of approval from the paris illuminati ph seems to hold a similar sway over the "uninitiated". i get compliments on ph from the least likely people all who seem to "get it".

the jackets are flattering if you wear the correct size, and not nearly as "great depression" or "hobo" as the jokes suggest.

the silhouette whether shrunken in the jackets or exaggerated in the outerwear/trousers reads as very deliberate and elegant.

i chalk up the phenomenon to the designer's many years honing his craft combined with the slimmer proportions he introduced several years back.
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          depends on context?
                          I thought the context was clearly defined by cjbreed, a Paris fashion show crowd.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

sorry. i must have lost track due to clarifications about mike nouveau's eating habits. carry on.

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

this is both funny, accurate, and interesting.

can we call paul harnden, or the paul harnden aesthetic/ethos, post-fashion? is that why so many stylish people that are "inside" the fashion industry are so drawn to it?
                              what are the women wearing? and the people who aren't getting play on this site?
                              this came up in a discussion elsewhere more than once, about the difference between who gets play on streetstyle blogs and in waywts, and who is actually buying all these clothes and thus whose tastes are actually being represented by the marketplace.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                'post'/'post'-post
                                a bit late but lol

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢