X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Shuit, the goodness of the fits is already beside the point - love the tattoos! Any background to those?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
      looks great shucks! zipper synergy is on point and cargo baskets look really clean in the silhouette.
      thanks a lot.

Comment

• gawkrodger
        • Jun 2013

Bryantyj that's good.

Shuit first look works so well, especially (as Faust has already highlighted) with the tatts.

What are the trainers? Ann Dem?

Comment

• LOVE
          • Dec 2007

shucks you continue to be the best ambassador for the brand

further experiments in silhouette distortion and farmer's tans
          Last edited by LOVE; 07-11-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Vanilla. Where is the experimentation?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LOVE
              • Dec 2007

i don't work in the fashion world, so things like pod shorts, dress length tees and geobaskets, are still interesting and fairly exrtreme to me.

so is the idea of basically flattening my silhouette into a giant amorphous black onesie/tube

i've seen people on the street dressed in full rick owens maybe twice in my entire life.

for me it's still a sci-fi escape fantasy and i feel sorry for you if you can't see things that way.

i dress for myself, not for this forum and especially not for you. definitely not going to apologize for that.

i look fucking awesome, by the way.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by LOVE View Post
                i dress for myself, not for this forum and especially not for you. definitely not going to apologize for that.
                This loses meaning once you start posting fit pics and posting defensively while proclaiming yourself awesome.

Edit: to keep on topic, adding to Shucks/Shuit love.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• LOVE
                  • Dec 2007

always happy to post here, such a supportive community.

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

ahh its ok. LOVE just got his feathers ruffled. Faust wasn't being hostile or trying to provoke anyone though. just asking what he meant by "further experiments in silhouette distortion", since this is a silhouette we've seen once or twice before. but its easy to get riled up in these internet settings...

shoot, for me, in my world, that outfit is so experimental as to be considered an affront to society. way too far out to wear to our weekly tea party rallies
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

I like the fit itself FWIW, it's not anything I wouldn't wear.
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by LOVE View Post
                        always happy to post here, such a supportive community.
                        Don't get upset - my summer fits are vanilla, too, that's why I don't post much in WAYWT in the summer. I did not think I was being hostile, simply critical. In the world outside of SZ this may be extreme, but you posted on SZ, so.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 550BC
                          • Jan 2013

vanilla=easy/basic? if so, I'm vanilla in the summers too, can't wait for fall
                          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                            vanilla=easy/basic? if so, I'm vanilla in the summers too, can't wait for fall

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• schemedream
                              • Jan 2013

The colloquial use of the term vanilla is so far from what vanilla actually is. It's a crazy tropical orchid, not some random uninspiring flat boring thing. I think the entomology of the modern usage of the word comes from ordering it as an unexciting choice in ice cream or as in sexual proclivities towards safeness, thus unexciting.

The juxtaposition between a standard pod shorts, tank, and baskets fit here vs IRL is almost identical. Go figure.

I also have to comment that I was feeling the same way today. Sneakers, jeans, tee. Is there really a way to break up the monotony of summer dress without coming off as contrived or sweating profusely?

Comment

• Senpai
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
                                I also have to comment that I was feeling the same way today. Sneakers, jeans, tee. Is there really a way to break up the monotony of summer dress without coming off as contrived or sweating profusely?
                                Thin fabric'ed and loose fitting clothing can be your friend. Granted I typically only "dress up" later in the day as it's starting to cool off due to me typically spending my summer days doing active activities like running, biking, spearfishing, etc. Anyways, in the evenings I try and wear thin cotton pants or shorts and an oversized thin top, or at least something that allows good air flow. I've recently found a lot of Jan Jan Van Essche to work extremely well for this dilemma.
                                Last edited by Senpai; 07-11-2014, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎