• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
    The colloquial use of the term vanilla is so far from what vanilla actually is. It's a crazy tropical orchid, not some random uninspiring flat boring thing. I think the entomology of the modern usage of the word comes from ordering it as an unexciting choice in ice cream or as in sexual proclivities towards safeness, thus unexciting.

The juxtaposition between a standard pod shorts, tank, and baskets fit here vs IRL is almost identical. Go figure.

I also have to comment that I was feeling the same way today. Sneakers, jeans, tee. Is there really a way to break up the monotony of summer dress without coming off as contrived or sweating profusely?
    True.

I've never cared for jewelry, but more and more I am realizing that it's probably the best way to go to spice up the boring tee/shorts uniform I find myself wearing during summer.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

from a couple of weeks ago, outside the Julius show

black stuff (mostly Julius), Matsuda frames, MA Julius jacket that Paris was far too hot for

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
        The colloquial use of the term vanilla is so far from what vanilla actually is. It's a crazy tropical orchid, not some random uninspiring flat boring thing. I think the entomology of the modern usage of the word comes from ordering it as an unexciting choice in ice cream or as in sexual proclivities towards safeness, thus unexciting.

The juxtaposition between a standard pod shorts, tank, and baskets fit here vs IRL is almost identical. Go figure.

I also have to comment that I was feeling the same way today. Sneakers, jeans, tee. Is there really a way to break up the monotony of summer dress without coming off as contrived or sweating profusely?
        Linen and silk. Pretty sure user jackg has shown off some pretty good looking hot weather fits. I think he lives in Melbourne where it's always pretty hot... think he had a pic in February.

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

There's no getting around shorts, tank/tee, and sneakers for daytime for me, maybe a hat, but night makes things a little better without the sun bearing down. Rick's s/s pants are nice and thin, and they have sort of faux layers/points of interest without adding real heat trapping layers (Detroit savage, Memphis jeans). I think shorts with various points of interest (cargo or skirted pods, destroyed distressing) work for daytime as well. I guess summer is more about highlighting odd details in weird bottoms and sneakers, designs that are busier that might not normally stand out in a swirl of layers.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• shuit
            • Apr 2012

Thanks a lot sz, it's a bit hard to wear solid color in humid weather so the underarm space is important. The tattoo are mostly the lines/number that play a big parts in my life.. I throw them wherever/whenever I feel like. No need for a famous tattoo artist. I gave them my line, they put it on me.

gawkrodger, It's Ann.

Comment

• gawkrodger
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by shuit View Post
              gawkrodger, It's Ann.
              Cheers. I blow a bit hot and cold on them, but they look great there. I always find Rick trainers a bit too chunky for my tastes, reckon the Ann Ds could fit that gap

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

Originally posted by LOVE View Post
                i don't work in the fashion world, so things like pod shorts, dress length tees and geobaskets, are still interesting and fairly exrtreme to me.

so is the idea of basically flattening my silhouette into a giant amorphous black onesie/tube

i've seen people on the street dressed in full rick owens maybe twice in my entire life.

for me it's still a sci-fi escape fantasy and i feel sorry for you if you can't see things that way.

i dress for myself, not for this forum and especially not for you. definitely not going to apologize for that.

i look fucking awesome, by the way.
                u should probably ease up, I think a boatload of us by ur estimation have been looking fuckin awesome for years now, then...
                there's a word u mentioned i think could be important, world!! there is one and there's several hundred million dozens of people in it so it's wise to assume that some people have seen and felt something before u, that's all. None of us really invent things but we can in our own little ways make them our own. that is what we should all be striving for.

Comment

• MrBushido
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                  don't shorten them. tuck them into a boot. they're that long for a reason i believe and tucked in they can look pretty aggressive. i dont think the material really calls for a flush fit. i had a problem tucking because i felt it always made my feet look big (esp with julius boots) but just embrace it. otherwise get a belt
                  Yeah, I kind don't like tucking pants when wearing boots. I've changed mind before so I might change my mind about this in the future...

I had to get an XL for this version and so it's a bit longer than usual. But I only wore it with sneakers and it looks fine with them.

Will decide what to do with them when I get back home and try them with other boots.

'Otherwise get a belt'.

Comment

• stagename
                    • Oct 2011

Traveling.

Kubo
                    T by Wang
                    Yohji H

Kubo
                    Rick
                    Rick
                    Rick

Comment

• kamsky
                      • Jan 2007

Dig the first pic, stagename; nice splash of color & exaggeration of proportions with the wide-angle.

Off-topic, re 2nd image, where are you specifically? Say, in relation to Beijing.

Comment

• stagename
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by kamsky View Post
                        Dig the first pic, stagename; nice splash of color & exaggeration of proportions with the wide-angle.

Off-topic, re 2nd image, where are you specifically? Say, in relation to Beijing.
                        Thanks K. We were at Mutianyu, about 80 km from Beijing. Took an hour to get there and 1.5-2 to get back (Beijing traffic). Got there around 815, and got a pretty nice day and very little crowd. Would recommend if you're planning the wall and want a restored part. Also have a driver name if you're interested just pm.

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Don't get upset - my summer fits are vanilla, too, that's why I don't post much in WAYWT in the summer
                          I can't even leave the damn house during the summer, I have nothing to wear.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
                            Haha, PH is definitely not good for New York summers.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lazyguru
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
                              Did you totally renounce CDG? You can rotate your wardrobe CDG in the Summer Harnden the rest of the year , Iam sure all those street bloggers will appreciate the change up too

I have been living in Linen & cotton layers of them & really appreciate the wicking benefits.

Comment

• ACM
                                • Jan 2011

Breezy day in Ohio

Julius silk/cotton pant
                                Julius cupro tank
                                Ann leather cuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰