• Show
Clear All
  • apathy!
    • Jan 2014

^ there's that word again.

Comment

• guardimp
      • Jun 2010

Are you referring to the deleted post or radio aktivität?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

Probably the word minimalism.

Comment

• TheThief
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post
          reo
          it’s only a detail, but I’d choose another watch here. that golden AP is just too much for the black minimalism, especially with all your silver jewelery and the chrome hearts bling. the different metals kind of bite each other. don’t you have something simpler? silver, blackened steel, or stainless even?

…but maybe this is something for the watch thread. in general, I find the huge swiss models to be very difficult to pair with.

There is absolutely nothing "minimal" about Rick Cargobaskets. Not to mention a gold AP Royal Oak goes with everything.

Reo, keep rocking that AP
          Last edited by TheThief; 08-19-2014, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
            a gold AP Royal Oak goes with everything
            i agree w/ radio-aktivität. the clash with the rings was the first thing that struck me with that photo.

also, i'm not feelin the slim pants with cargos like that, nor the hat. imo the pants need more volume, or a drop, or a skirt, or more muscle or something, to go with the cargos.

Comment

• apathy!
              • Jan 2014

If anything I'd get rid of all of the jewellery. I think it's a cultural thing, though.

I actually really like the slim pants. You have the body to make the combination look great. See the pic below for this look done incorrectly:

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/...ot-gallery.jpg

Regardless it's one of my favourite fits with cargobaskets that I've seen. I really like the hat.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                If anything I'd get rid of all of the jewellery. I think it's a cultural thing, though.

I actually really like the slim pants. You have the body to make the combination look great. See the pic below for this look done incorrectly:

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/...ot-gallery.jpg

Regardless it's one of my favourite fits with cargobaskets that I've seen. I really like the hat.
                Can't wait to see where this goes.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 550BC
                  • Jan 2013

lol
                  a fish out of water dies

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                    ^ there's that word again.
                    yeah, sorry, that went a bit lost in translation. good that shucks got me right! it’s really the clash of silver and gold with the all-black silhouette that bugs me.

don’t you have a steel oyster, reo? take that one!

Comment

• byhand
                      • Dec 2011

I appreciate the watch with the outfit. It's an interesting signifier in a look that can easily be read as slovenly or cheap by brains that don't instantly register the individual pieces for what they are. The folks in the background likely have no clue what the guy is wearing but see that watch and think $$$$$. The watch elevates everything else he is wearing, making the overall look feel less street.
                      Last edited by byhand; 08-19-2014, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Wow. The day i start wearing a watch to elevate my look to be less street, someone please shoot me... Day to day, I spend zero time thinking about how other people read my look when I get dressed.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

So everybody has to know under all circumstances that you are rich? That the look is just superficially goth and has absolutely nothing to do with yourself, but the golden watch has? That is exactly what makes your random guy's status symbols like this watch too much for some, myself included.

Edit: mr.b. was first, shoot me after him

Comment

• ambrosian
                            • Dec 2012

^ murder suicide?
                            street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by byhand View Post
                              I appreciate the watch with the outfit. It's an interesting signifier in a look that can easily be read as slovenly or cheap by brains that don't instantly register the individual pieces for what they are. The folks in the background likely have no clue what the guy is wearing but see that watch and think $$$$$. The watch elevates everything else he is wearing, making the overall look feel less street.
                              So they're going to change from looking at him as that weird kid in all black and a bunch of jewelry to that weird kid in all black and a bunch of jewelry who's also rich?

I'd rather be the first. At least thieves won't try to take my wallet.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

That's what rich American men do but in another way - they dress like slobs but stick a Swiss watch on their hand so the waiters know they aren't plebs.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎