Clear All
  • TheThief
    • Mar 2011

This escalated quickly.

Comment

• 550BC
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      That's what rich American men do but in another way - they dress like slobs but stick a Swiss watch on their hand so the waiters know they aren't plebs.
      May I add Dutch men as well? see this all the time in restaurants
      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
        This escalated quickly.
        I thought we've come to a consensus that IWC is the SZ baller watch of choice? Everything else - verboten!

I almost pulled a trigger on a Bell & Ross, even had a hookup, until one of you fuckers told me they use a Swatch movement and spoiled my primarily aesthetic experience forever.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• byhand
          • Dec 2011

No, my point isn't that he wears the watch to elevate the look, but that's what it does intentionally or not. The watch and the clothing exist, usually, in separate worlds. Bringing them together is interesting. C'mon, for the price of that watch a person can buy a modest house in many parts of the USA. An item that costs serious bank becomes a signifier simply because the item moves beyond simple functionality into rarity and exclusivity, something that this watch does in an almost heavy-handed way. The cargobaskets may be expensive but that watch is an entirely different realm of expensive. I find their pairing refreshing.

Comment

• byhand
            • Dec 2011

I almost pulled a trigger on a Bell & Ross, even had a hookup, until one of you fuckers told me they use a Swatch movement and spoiled my primarily aesthetic experience forever.

Um, I'm the guilty party.

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Ew, just stop. Somebody please post a new fit for everyone to hate on, this conversation is getting gross. At least the Leland controversy resulted in pictures of gucci bombers and huge pants.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• bukka
                • Sep 2011

Royal Oak is the new submariner. Still better than Hublot though
                IWC is allright but a little imagination doesn't hurt. I would rather go for a Breguet or a Journe.
                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by byhand View Post

Um, I'm the guilty party.
                  Thanks! I think...
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheThief
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I thought we've come to a consensus that IWC is the SZ baller watch of choice? Everything else - verboten!

Better you found that out before, rather than after.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                      "The Leland controversy" sounds like the name of a pulpy spy thriller. Or like SZ's very own noodle incident.

edit: Is it weird that I never wear a watch? Not sure I even still own one. They just seem pointless to me.
                      Hahaha

I don't wear a watch either except at work. I wear a black hair tie around my wrist sometimes, and I'm not opposed to a bracelet either. I'm perpetually a half hour late to everything outside of work, but whatever.

Comment

• 550BC
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                        Used to wear a watch for years, just gradually realised I never looked at it.
                        seconded
                        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• TheThief
                          • Mar 2011

A beautiful automatic watch is to telling time as a pair of Rick Owens trainers is to walking down the street.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

But walking down the street makes me feel happy and peaceful, telling the time just fills me with anxiety, no matter how beautiful the instrument.

Comment

• zen dog
                              • Jan 2014

I have to chime in on the Bell and Ross movement conversation. They use an ETA movement. Many watch companies do for their watches in the thousands of dollars range. There is a pressure for companies to develop in house movements and it is expected for watches in the tens of thousands of dollars range.

Swatch might have purchased ETA- I haven't followed all the consolidations going on. ETA has been around for a long time and supplies many companies base movements that they modify. To see movements go to any decent watch site for a breakdown- Watchtime is an easy one.

Comment

• flashoflight
                                • Sep 2013

I bought myself an Omega Seamaster auto (2220.80) about 4 years ago and wear it every day. I've always worn a watch and couldn't imagine going without one. Not an in house movement or anything, but I love it! It's a deep blue and I haven't had an issue pairing it with anything I wear.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎