• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickandjulius
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    I want to see this with a blazer or a jacket
    I sold the only blazer I had yesterday. Haha

Edit: I actually have a chesterfield type coat that looks good but it's charcoal and I'm not a fan of having 3 colors in one outfit.

Comment

• maahno
      • Mar 2013

First try

hat - LUC
      Glasses - Rigards
      Jacket - CCP
      Top - James Perse
      Bottoms - Attachment
      Shoes -MMM

Comment

• other_animals
        • Mar 2012

maahno you look super comfy and cool. I kind of love the semi awkward balance of proportion between the top and bottom. I just sort of wish that your sneakers were not white, or maybe that they just werent sneakers.

Comment

• bowyark
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
          I want to see this with a blazer or a jacket
          I agree. I have this shirt, am tall and it is still difficult to pull off. Tucked with a blazer is the only way I wear it.

Comment

• Dorje
            • Oct 2013

I have a long shirt... thought it would be fun to play with but it's pretty challenging to pull off. Finding pants and a jacket to pair with it where the proportions work is tough. I agree with others that the drop crotch fit looks better.

Faust, I like that BBS hoody a lot better than the Rick in the previous fit, looks great overall.

Comment

• lazyguru
              • Jun 2008

long shirts

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

i think maahno's is far worse and it's not even close. it's way too relaxed he looks like he just got out of little league practice or something.
                as far as rickandjulius, if ur short keep it uniform in color, i don't think u should buy white pants but that shirt's hem is just too straight for me, i think if it was black and u had a rick tank underneath and not button the top button it would look great, w/ the sweats or skinny.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                  i think maahno's is far worse and it's not even close. it's way too relaxed he looks like he just got out of little league practice or something.
                  as far as rickandjulius, if ur short keep it uniform in color, i don't think u should buy white pants but that shirt's hem is just too straight for me, i think if it was black and u had a rick tank underneath and not button the top button it would look great, w/ the sweats or skinny.
                  My issue with maahno's is either the shirt or the pants. I think the shirt should be longer than the jacket. Or the pants should be slimmer or more structured, I'm not sure. I like the carefree-ness of the shirt layering, though, so maybe just some gray jeans. And better posture (not necessarily straight), the right posture can improve so many fits.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• apathy!
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by snafu
                    Maybe i have always been a dick. But i just see it as saying whats on my mind, to be fair to the dude i would only push the bar out with m.a+ boots, a.p.c's, and a plaid shirt in Alabama.
                    It's actually just a matter of self control. If you don't like something that someone posts, try to explain why. Nobody really cares what's on your mind.

I think that the formality of the Rick shirt is negated by its collar and length. Would look better in black though I think.

I feel liks maahno's fit looks like really expensive pyjamas. The sweats stripy drawstring, the cuff sitting on those sneakers, all the different colours.

Comment

• other_animals
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                      I feel liks maahno's fit looks like really expensive pyjamas. The sweats stripy drawstring, the cuff sitting on those sneakers, all the different colours.
                      This might explain why I'm so into it.

Comment

• maahno
                        • Mar 2013

Thank you guys for an opinion. next time I'll try look stronger)

Comment

• fncyths
                          • Apr 2010

man, all this bickering.
                          who the fuck wears rick anymore

vintage stetson hat - vintage priest shirt - vintage silk ascot - zb belt - slp jeans - vintage boots - vintage salt flats -
                          Originally posted by Shucks
                          it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                          Originally posted by interest1
                          I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

order restored. moving along.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Maahno, it's very hard to balance out the strict structure of Poell's jacket with the rest of your very relaxed fit. And, I also think, if you go pajamas, go decadent a la Haider Ackermann or in tailoring fabrics like Ann Demeulemeester. Otherwise it looks simply American-comfort-wear.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                                • Sep 2012

Rickandjulius I am more of a fan of your second attempt as well, I want those boots more and more every time that I see them! How tall are you? (if you don't mind me asking) I am also a member of the short guy gang so I have some struggles as well when it comes to working with a lot of the brands that I like.

Faust I liked that first fit you posted a few days ago but I really, really like the second one! Every piece there is great, it fits well and I like your background choice.

Maahno Dude, I'm pretty sure this is going to come off weird but I get lots of "nice guy" vibes from you haha! I would totally want to be your friend if I was in Moscow. Also, I think you would KILL a dadcore fit. Avant garde dadcore? You can pioneer this!
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎