Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

I don't think it looks bad, but i wouldn't have cut as much off... as you have.
    I'm only 171 and i have the same leather; i thought about altering the sleeves, but iv just been too lazy to take it to the tailor. I still wear it time to time, last time it was with nikes and marcie drop crotch shorts.
    I still like blue jeans from time to time.
    Not everyone lives in London, NY or Paris, i.e. fashion cities so sometimes wearing something extreme is more aggravation than its worth. Also i think you need to be comfortable in what you wear, not everyone adopts the runway look straight away. We all grow into designers we like and often start with buying the more generic pieces at first..... Just a thought.

Comment

• francojean23
      • Sep 2008

Just wear the clothes how you want to wear them. Clothes are made for a market, not an individual; alter as you wish...

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

not sure why u did that to ur rick, it has cuffs anyways, it's not like a stooges w/ the zipper in a thick calf that it becomes difficult to function, but u can't make people drink rye whisky when they want bud light. Bud light it is for u in a rye whisky can...

Comment

• fncyths
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
          I will never get the arrogance to ignore the language of the country they chose to live in. It's just disrespectful.
          Originally posted by Faust View Post
          In Rick's defense, he doesn't have to. He leads a very regimented personal life, and for work all companies of this caliber have international staff and use English as default choice for company communication.
          Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
          It should be his and everbody's own interest, independent from if you have to or don't. To carry an English speaking bubble around yourself is still ignorant.

Edit: this is not meant to lead to a discussion, just an opinion. Carry on.

I agree with DRRRK here full on. If you travel take the time to learn a phrase or two. Simple as that.

There's nothing more tacky than an American expat in ANY country flaunting around his "Americaness" no matter who the person is.
          Originally posted by Shucks
          it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Lois Grüveltner View Post
            Love the beard!
            To Faust:

Sorry about the picture edit, can see the point in that and it won't happen again!

The beard has in general nothing to do with the WAYWT thread, but this thread also focus on style and personality - in how you wear your clothes and sometimes hats, accessories, hair and a beard fulfill - ore add an extra layer to an outfit/style.. - So that's the reason behind my "WTF comment" as you call it..

Comment

• francojean23
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
              not sure why u did that to ur rick, it has cuffs anyways, it's not like a stooges w/ the zipper in a thick calf that it becomes difficult to function, but u can't make people drink rye whisky when they want bud light. Bud light it is for u in a rye whisky can...
              you can lead a man to rick, but you can't make him wear it properly...?

Comment

• fncyths
                • Apr 2010

/ \

this is true for many here!

somehow pilgrim has demoted the jacket to look very allsaints...

In his defense though, I hate the pilling that happens on the leather sleeves of rick's jackets. the longer leather sleeves wear and tear and patina fine, but man that pilling just looks ratty after awhile so I can understand why he would want to adjust them. also I tend to wear my rick leathers a size smaller just to get that fitted look so I get that, that's the only way I can wrap my head around this.

oh and p, you're dead on with that comment man.
                Originally posted by Shucks
                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                Originally posted by interest1
                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lois Grüveltner View Post
                  To Faust:

Sorry about the picture edit, can see the point in that and it won't happen again!

The beard has in general nothing to do with the WAYWT thread, but this thread also focus on style and personality - in how you wear your clothes and sometimes hats, accessories, hair and a beard fulfill - ore add an extra layer to an outfit/style.. - So that's the reason behind my "WTF comment" as you call it..
                  The focus is on clothes, first and foremost. You did not comment on clothes, but did on the beard. If you had said something like "the beard goes well with the outfit," I wouldn't have said anything. Also, in the past we've had some flareups because people commented on person's features, ugly sight.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LelandJ
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                    Edit : done.

I'm 1,83 m. Why do you ask ?
                    Wide or billowy pants full length or semi-cropped look really good on you. At 5 cm shorter and perhaps one size larger chest I don't think I can pull off similar silhouette despite wanting to, none of my pants have greater than 21 cm hem.

Really like the Casey-Vidalenc, which season was it?

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                      • Mar 2009

^ I can't say, found it on yoox last year. I believe the brand doesn't exist anymore.

I really don't know if you really need to be over 1,80m to achieve that kind of silhouette. Wire.artist and Avantster, who used to be members here a while back, were constantly doing yohji justice, and as far as I remember they weren't tall.
                      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• pilgrim
                        • Apr 2014

Some people just want to blend in.

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

Poor Pilgrim got embroiled in this debate just cuz he shortened some sleeves. I can see both sides, but ultimately Pilgrim wanted a cleaner fit so he altered the garment to work better for his style, what's wrong with that? Isn't this a sentiment that would usually be respected on here, especially from the "authenticity" crowd since he knows what he wants from the garment rather then letting the designer tell him how to dress. Still, Faust brings up a good point, if he didn't want that look then why go with Rick Owens in the first place? But maybe he liked the leather, fit, design and everything else. Anyway, I think Pilgrim's fit is nice and seems to suit him, not everything has to be avant garde highest fashion.

I prefer this to someone trying to pull of more extreme pieces and looking totally awkward.
                          Last edited by casem; 08-29-2014, 04:47 PM.
                          music

Comment

• other_animals
                            • Mar 2012

M-M the vibe and proportion of this. And i SUPER love those Forme pants. Whats the fabric composition on those?

EdwardB I just can't resist the draw of any Altieri, that coat is always great in any iteration.

Comment

• MajesticMap
                              • Nov 2011

recent fits by Mail Moth, other animals, and Edward B have been amazing! inspiring stuff guys! I wish i had deeper pockets!

is that make sense to ya'll?!

Comment

• shuit
                                • Apr 2012

Just wear whatever you have and be happy with it... The more you worry about what other people think, the less you will be happy toward yourself.

found this on the phone, a while back.

undercover/cdgh+/birkenstock

dita/rick/ann/chrome/werkstatt/ma+/mmm

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍