Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shuit
    • Apr 2012

thanks a lot eleves! I've seen a few people wearing them- but the one that do it's justice is probably macro. Excellent styling.

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

shuit majestic.
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Dorje, that jacket looks awful, there is too much stacking on your jeans and the lug sole of the boots looks too much workwear. I would never dare post a fit like that on SZ.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dorje
          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
          I actually like more stacking than some, but even I agree that in this context it doesn't look great. Stacking like this works better with an outfit this overall more chaotic/deconstructed, imo.

The boots, too, could look OK--the same soles could look military in another context.

It's the jacket that really does it. I don't know what your plan for this fit was, Dorje--are you trying to champion some new "workwear of SZ" movement?--but that jacket just looks out of place. It looks like you just threw some safe black clothes together and then stuck the jacket on the top without considering how it would all work. Was there an intention in all this I'm missing?
          It's supposed to lean towards workwear/moto. Sorry you guys don't like it.

edit: thanks for the feedback though, I'll have to post more often as I do find it valuable.
          Last edited by Dorje; 09-06-2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• guardimp
            • Jun 2010

I feel like if the jacket was longer it would work a lot better, as it stands it looks like you just threw on a moto jacket and called it a day. Other than the crop on the jacket I doubt the outfit would draw much notice.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

my 2 cents
              the jacket needs to be longer and the color is not right for the rest of the outfit. and i'm not sure about that material either. and some stacking is less of a problem if the calf of the jean is slim enough. and its the sole of the boot thats not working.

here is an example of an almost identical outfit but with better garments. better fit, better fabric, better colors and treatments.

its all in the details.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

Haha ! I miss Ben in this thread. A lot.
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                  • Oct 2009

"here is an example of an almost identical outfit but with better garments. better fit, better fabric, better colors and treatments."

Ben will love that!
                  "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Resonkuken
                    • Oct 2012

That dude´s jacket is sick. Love the whole fit.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                      "here is an example of an almost identical outfit but with better garments. better fit, better fabric, better colors and treatments."

Ben will love that!
                      you know what i mean. its made up of the same stuff. denim/worker jkt, black tee, black jeans, heavy black boot

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Pumpfish
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                        here is an example of an almost identical outfit but with better garments. better fit, better fabric, better colors and treatments.
                        its all in the details.

Let's not forget the importance of great accessories.

If you pair with a dapper clown you can enhance most outfits.
                        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dorje View Post
                          It's supposed to lean towards workwear/moto. Sorry you guys don't like it.

edit: thanks for the feedback though, I'll have to post more often as I do find it valuable.
                          Actually, don't. Post when you are ready to post something worthwhile.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• shuit
                            • Apr 2012

Now that I have time..

Dorje, I love the jacket, the color and material is interesting. I think it's just the proportion of the clothing that makes it look off. The worker jacket length looks too short. Anything with the length that is at your hip will suit you better, as it elongates your body.

I also notice that your shoulder is slightly sloped, so any jacket that has some sort of pad will help a lot. If I were you I would try something more relaxed, cotton blazer, workwear shirt, and unfitted pants. Stick to monochrome if you like, but watch out for the different shade. When you're comfortable enough with the proportion, then you can experiment with color. That's just how I did it.

If you're in to jeans, get them tailored and get the hem up enough that it will not over-stack. Too much stack will shorten your legs, making the proportion off again.

Take all this criticism lightly, I don't know much about styling but that's what I would do to myself. I hope we can use this forum to help each other out. I joined this place with that idea. I hope I am not wrong.

I am looking forward to seeing more of your posts in the future.

Comment

• boodude
                              • Oct 2012

^^ One of the best feedbacks I have seen here! Great advice and fantastic fits as usual shuit!

Comment

• Dorje
                                • Oct 2013

cj,shuit... It looks like my torso is too long for the jacket. I'm 6' with a long torso and short legs, so maybe the pants are too long and the jacket is too short. That's valuable information, thanks! I think the leather of the jacket looks cool in person but if it doesn't fit it's better to sell it before I wear it.

shuit, I especially appreciate the time you took to write such a nice response.

Faust, I appreciate your input too, however harsh it may be. I'll try not to bring down the high standards of SZ too much, but not everyone has the skills of shuit, Mail-Moth, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎