Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upsilonkng
    • May 2010

I prefer the tuck for sure, untucked loses the whole point of the guidi's leaning like that, all i would say is a tighter tuck so it doesn't bulge out right before the boots. Pants over guidi's... why hide the part that separates it from others.
    As far as Intarsia high neck, great jacket, if u want the neck to stay up get one of the thicker leathers, like hammered lamb or oiled calf but that high neck is indeed high so keep that in mind.

Comment

• grapefruitpop
      Banned
      • Jun 2013

fit just looks bad tbh. sz clothes worn to be as non-sz as possible. makes me cringe.

clean lines of the intarsia, dont go with the rugged twisted seams of the zb jeans, leather socks just dont look good at all (think they look good the way cjbreed is wearing them though).

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by grapefruitpop View Post
        fit just looks bad tbh. sz clothes worn to be as non-sz as possible. makes me cringe.

clean lines of the intarsia, dont go with the rugged twisted seams of the zb jeans, leather socks just dont look good at all (think they look good the way cjbreed is wearing them though).
        dictate to us as to what style is please, also while you're here don't forget to comment on a fuuma fit
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• upsilonkng
          • May 2010

so u should make the intarsia and guidi's norm-core? i hate to quote raybans but why hide? or don't hide or whatever...
          nice to have a conversation w/ the person dictating sz style, so amazing , so final, and so many posts..

Comment

• Ivans On High
            Banned
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
            I prefer the tuck for sure...
            I agree. I think if the pants weren't tucked this fit would be too straight up-and-down.

The untuck would look good with a heavier boot, though. See BSR's rick fit from a few pages back

Comment

• apathy!
              • Jan 2014

cjbreed's pic is essentially the same outfit done better. The cap really doesn't fit in at all.

Comment

• Scander
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by docus View Post
                Autumn at last! Shuit as usual looking incredible.

L'Maltieri shirt - wool and cashmere
                Marvielab cowl neck t-shirt - cotton and cashmere
                LUC one-cut trousers - cotton
                CDiem backzips
                Like this normcore.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

sz clothes worn to be as non-sz as possible. makes me cringe.
                  oh for fucks sake...
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by unwashed
                    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                    Originally posted by Ahimsa
                    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

I personally prefer Stagename's to CJ's,

i think the latter looks sloppy, hate the high neck folded down and it looks a bit bland.
                      I dont hate glasses, hat or tuck, i wouldn't wear it myself; but fuck it...
                      I think it may be more fashion than CJ's: but do you guys really resent that so much... you are on a fashion forum? I personally think without the tuck S's wouldn't work... wear the uniform + cap if you like it, iv seen much worse.

Comment

• Deux_Oiseaux
                        • Sep 2012

Y's for Men knit-collar coat
                        Uniqlo linen shirt
                        Comme des Garçons Homme Plus tweed trousers
                        Belgian combat boots

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

SZ normcore takeover. Where is the hardcore shit?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                            • Nov 2007

hopefully long gone

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                              I personally prefer Stagename's to CJ's,

i think the latter looks sloppy, hate the high neck folded down and it looks a bit bland.
                              I dont hate glasses, hat or tuck, i wouldn't wear it myself; but fuck it...
                              I think it may be more fashion than CJ's: but do you guys really resent that so much... you are on a fashion forum? I personally think without the tuck S's wouldn't work... wear the uniform + cap if you like it, iv seen much worse.
                              well i am not arguing that mine looks better, i was really just trying to defend the boot to lowrey lol. but, just to be clear, this is not a high neck folded down, which i also hate, it is the rick's jacket from 2009 in silky lamb. it is a very soft mid collar that just happens to be temporarily flopped over to the side. same jacket is this one but obviously a different leather.

and also just to be more clear, while i am personally not a fan of the tuck, it does look cool in some cases. its just not for me. all i am saying is that i am especially not a fan of the tuck when it comes across as the visual equivalent of tucking your pants into your socks. that particular quidi boot is too narrow, too soft, and too short for a tuck. my point was that i still think its a great boot, just not built for tucking.

now obviously i don't see my look as being sloppy and bland. its a slim and fitted rick owens leather and tee with slim bbs p13 jeans (which are anything but bland) and guidi boots. it may be a sloppy and bland photo but its not a sloppy and bland fit. but i get that it is not creative or aggressive and is very basic in its elements.

but the thing about resenting the fashion! of things is somewhat true, although its not resentment as much as it is just the direction my personal style is headed. i think it has to do with shifting priorities and my changing station in life. its also about comfort and wearability. and its also about wanting to enjoy my interest in nice clothing, while not drawing too much attention to myself. its a personal thing and sometimes its tough to reign in that inner voice that wants to go buck wild in full rick regalia, and concede to that other voice that says sorry man those days are over, you should leave that to the twentysomethings....

i guess the lesson i should learn is that while thats my taste, its not everybody's taste and i shouldn't project that on to people as if it were the only form of "good" taste. especially on a fashion forum.

but i stand behind my critique of that boot and the tuck hehehe
                              Last edited by cjbreed; 09-17-2014, 12:33 PM.
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Hello, normcore.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎