• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dduyyy
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
    Thanks. I decided to stop trying to force the Rick look. Haha

Also, Zam seemed to design the jacket for people with monkey arms so both the jacket itself and the cotton gloved inserts are too long. I'll have to get both shortened eventually.
    Just got the hoodie from Zam last week and have the same problem too.The whole thing fits perfectly except that the gloves and the thumbholes are too wide, and yes the arms are too long. Top is a different story, everything fits perfectly - as you can see from my recent post
    Btw, love the look rickandjulius Been searching for a jacket like that for a while, may I ask which season is that jacket from?

Comment

• YTheLastMan
      • Apr 2014

Thanks. I decided to stop trying to force the Rick look. Haha .
      A mature and well-reasoned approach. This definitely suits you much better

Zamb jacket is amazing, I'm wondering if you bought the one that was on Grailed, I might have to make room for another blazer in my closet

Comment

• Monoral
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
        My first post here
        Jacket - calf
        Top - cotton
        Pants - cotton
        Boots - horse

Is all that Lentrian?

Comment

• dduyyy
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
          Is all that Lentrian?
          Just the jacket. Top and pants are from Zam, and the boots are TLC Sergio.

Comment

• rickandjulius
            • Feb 2014

Btw, love the look rickandjulius Been searching for a jacket like that for a while, may I ask which season is that jacket from?
            Thank you. It's from the most recent season, SS14. I was lucky enough to get it when everything was 70% off.

Comment

• Monoral
              • Mar 2014

Just the jacket. Top and pants are from Zam, and the boots are TLC Sergio.
              Super nice

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

finally had time to go thru all the stuff ive missed in this thread! akanyc with the raf and rick ... swoon
                i keep wanting to post something but idk , im working on a phd in chemistry and im in a lab coat for almost 10 hrs a day (sundays too) , drink coffee and eat donuts all day , ham n cheese hoagie for supper. thats it. i dont do anything else anymore. i love it though lol and still wear rick to work

Comment

• blackfedora
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                  finally had time to go thru all the stuff ive missed in this thread! akanyc with the raf and rick ... swoon
                  i keep wanting to post something but idk , im working on a phd in chemistry and im in a lab coat for almost 10 hrs a day (sundays too) , drink coffee and eat donuts all day , ham n cheese hoagie for supper. thats it. i dont do anything else anymore. i love it though lol and still wear rick to work
                  I do not miss the all day (and many nights) shift in the grad lab. Wore some of my nicer stuff in the lab once I got out of school. That stopped when I lit my 8 ft. wide fumehood, the floor, the blast shield, part of the ceiling and myself on fire. After that, garbage clothes only. Learned that day that lab coats protect from fire, but not from LiAlH4, it will chew a hole right through the Nomex. Rick gets holey anyways, so you might not notice.

Comment

• shima
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Question for all you ankle barerers. How do you survive in this cold?
                    Wouldn't be able to walk around with bare ankles in this weather, but was just getting in and out between places here.

Originally posted by menofoutsiders View Post
                    shima great ensemble and nice scarf layering
                    Thanks

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Also, Zam seemed to design the jacket for people with monkey arms so both the jacket itself and the cotton gloved inserts are too long. I'll have to get both shortened eventually.

how tall are you?
                      the jacket is designed to fit a person who is about 5"11 - 6'2 without issues. the way the jacket is constructed it is very easy to adjust. there are no vents on the Body and no vents on the sleeve. I would not recommend shortening the gloved portion of the sleeve, but the Linen outer is very easy to adjust to any decent tailor.

Ask your tailor to first remove the sleeve hem facing because the hem of the jacket sleeve is curved with the portion that thumb being shorter than the portion that covers your pinkie. the sleeve can then be shortened by following the curve of the sleeve hem at the desired length that works for you.
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• rickandjulius
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        how tall are you?
                        the jacket is designed to fit a person who is about 5"11 - 6'2 without issues. the way the jacket is constructed it is very easy to adjust. there are no vents on the Body and no vents on the sleeve. I would not recommend shortening the gloved portion of the sleeve, but the Linen outer is very easy to adjust to any decent tailor.

Ask your tailor to first remove the sleeve hem facing because the hem of the jacket sleeve is curved with the portion that thumb being shorter than the portion that covers your pinkie. the sleeve can then be shortened by following the curve of the sleeve hem at the desired length that works for you.
                        I'm 5' 9" so most everything is too long in the arms. I wasn't insulting your work or anything, it's a beautiful jacket.

And thank you for the advice. I'll be sure to mention that when I take it to the tailor.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Listen man
                          I didn't think you were insulting me or my work..........why would you if you are wearing the items?

Some of the vile things Ive heard and read people say, I dont think there is much anyone can say to insult me at this stage.

Just happy it fits you well and just wanted to let you know that adjusting the sleeves isnt as difficult as it seems.

I'm 5' 9" so most everything is too long in the arms. I wasn't insulting your work or anything, it's a beautiful jacket.

And thank you for the advice. I'll be sure to mention that when I take it to the tailor.
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                            akanyc with the raf and rick
                            thanks jogu! i'm surprised rs/sr didn't get more attention here, possibly because it's print heavy, but i'm enamored with the silhouettes and iconography.
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• tong1801
                              • Oct 2012

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Really want to like this, because I like the RS / SR collection, but somehow this doesn't work for me. I feel it needs the chunky boots to balance out the busy top.
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎