• mumma
    • Oct 2008

STEPHAN SCHNEIDER cotton white shirt
    ADAM KIMMEL cashmere polo sweater with oversized front pocket
    VERONIQUE BRANQUINHO quilted wool vest
    VERONIQUE BRANQUINHO stripped wool trousers
    MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA 22 deconstructed replica sneakers
    LOUPEON — archival fashion project.
    Web store focused on collectible garments from avant-garde European designers.
    www.loupeon.com

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

dadcore x holidays
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
        Really want to like this, because I like the RS / SR collection, but somehow this doesn't work for me. I feel it needs the chunky boots to balance out the busy top.
        Exactly. Those whatever-they-are nikes are a serious fail. What's next, adidas sandals?

Also, and I am starting to sound like a broken record, but what's up with people refusing to shorten the sleeves that are clearly too long? Are you saving your purchases for resale?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
          thanks jogu! i'm surprised rs/sr didn't get more attention here, possibly because it's print heavy, but i'm enamored with the silhouettes and iconography.
          its funny i didn't like it at all until one day i liked it. it just happened. that happens to me sometimes. especially with rick. my first instinct is well...i hate it. then by the time it rolls into the stores i've come around...
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Icarium
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Also, and I am starting to sound like a broken record, but what's up with people refusing to shorten the sleeves that are clearly too long? Are you saving your purchases for resale?
            Honestly? It's mostly cheapness and laziness for me, but partially because I have this strange aversion to modifying stuff.

I guess once it feels like I've had any sort of input, even if practical, it takes away from the chemistry of what the designer tried to accomplish in terms of producing an article of clothing.

I supposed in a practical, style, sense the designer's intent is probably that it looks good on you and whatever you to get it there is basically what you should do, but for some reason I struggle to get motivated in doing it.

It even carries over to my eating. I like to experience a dish as it's presented rather than preemptively reach for Sriracha and the salt/pepper. Perhaps not a good parallel, but maybe it makes more sense in terms of an object (piece of clothing) held in my hands versus and object worn.

Yeah and tack on potential resaleability factor and enough minor reasons bundled together... it all validates my desire to be lazy/cheap and to not do it.

Plus there's probably a self delusion that if I do it enough and others do it enough it might be somehow become more acceptable. :) But that seems to be the human-social delusion.

Comment

• francojean23
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
              I guess once it feels like I've had any sort of input, even if practical, it takes away from the chemistry of what the designer tried to accomplish in terms of producing an article of clothing.
              So you're presuming that the designer knows your exact body type and shape and designed the garment accordingly...?

Comment

• Icarium
                • Oct 2010

No. I mean I connect more with clothing as objects by themselves than as something that needs to be worn by me and has to convey my style.

Sometimes I buy pieces that aren't my size for archival purposes.

So for me clothes are more like awesome objects that I sometimes put on my body than something to make me look a certain way.

From that perspective... my motivation to modify is less than others who connect in a different way. I don't think this is the common case, i.e. I'm a weirdo.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                  • Oct 2012

I think it looks cool when sleeves hit mid-hand like in tong´s fit (which I very much like, btw). Maybe I´ve been spoiled by wearing bbs´signature longer sleeves, which are because of thumb holes but I still feel they provide some edge, kinda like latest Julius sweatshirts.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

Oversized hoodie with big hood and long floppy sleeves makes you look like a kid in his older brother's clothes, which actually feels kind of nice sometimes, FWIW.

Even my tailor said my arms are abnormally long, so it's nice to have clothes that are made for my gangly monkey arms for a change.

RE: Nikes mixed with designer clothes, that really rubs me the wrong way. Something a little too explicitly self aware and "In the know" about it, like humble brag status dressing.
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Blackman
                      • Feb 2011

Always a pleasure seeing you post in here Mumma, a side of high style we often forget about

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

mumma thanks for posting, i love it.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

better to cut off one's head than an inch off those raf sleeves. they are designed to be freakishly long and extend past the hands. the entire rs/sr collection has deliberately challenging proportions: exaggeration abounds. #clothesasart #avantgarde etc.
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                            Sometimes I buy pieces that aren't my size for archival purposes.
                            Baller quote of the year for me.
                            Originally posted by unwashed
                            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                            Originally posted by Ahimsa
                            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• nicelynice
                              • Oct 2009

I am all for the shortening of sleeves - it's one of the simplest alterations to do. Nothing bothers me more than sleeves that get in the way of, you know, the actual use of my hands. I understand that a lot of clothing is cut with proportionally longer sleeves, but it comes to a point where you're just better throwing on a pair of gloves. Nothing sacred about a garment, I'm all for modifying it the way it's meant to fit well.

And hey, speaking of nothing sacred, he's a Rick Owens jacket with the sleeves chopped off a good 7cm paired with a Patagonia down vest:

pants are nonnative, shoes are Jun Hashimoto

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

What I wore couple years ago... for the sake of the loooooongsleeves discussion

Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎