X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by grapefruitpop View Post

Your whole post was shit, jerking off all your favourite members while adding nothing meaningful except an array of pretty bolded names.
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• zen dog
      • Jan 2014

Loved your post, Dudley- I would have liked to have seen a long handled sickle laying next to you as you played golf. I'd say also over your shoulder on the last image but I've had enough Bergman.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

am enjoying the vigorous discussion so far. i feel like discreet "for the wearer" type looks are just fine, but there could still be some real thought (or talent) put into how they are combined - not just throwing on some fairly conservative but random mix of artisanal garments which is pretty much what the average dad does (with less pricey garments) resulting in 'dadcore'... someone wearing expensive items is not very interesting in itself. it becomes interesting when the wearer actually adds something to the garments by considering how they are worn together.

Shuit is one of the most celebrated posters here but imho its the same ro/ccp/ch/ph boring shit over and over again and SZ doesn't need another harnden blazer, bbs p 13, ccp tornado, ch rings drone.
        are u blind?? go back and look at shuit's posts since he joined, and look at how he's consistently played with volume and proportion, draping vs tailoring, layering vs minimalism - and everything else. apart from jogu, there isn't a single member here on sz that shows such versatility and ABILITY.

I liked casems fit and it was refreshing, dont think there was anything wrong with the length of the parka.
        but i agree with you here.

this is a brilliantly entertaining image. the regular members of that golf club must be shocked beyond belief. (and cute seeing u with ur kid like that.) also, the combination of big volume on top and slim bottom with heavy boots is a winner.
        Last edited by Shucks; 12-27-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Wool, leather lined vest - BBS
          Denim with leather sleeves jacket - Drkshdw
          Double-layer top - RO
          Jeans - thvm
          Boots - RO
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• grapefruitpop
            Banned
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
            am enjoying the vigorous discussion so far. i feel like discreet "for the wearer" type looks are just fine, but there could still be some real thought (or talent) put into how they are combined - not just throwing on some fairly conservative but random mix of artisanal garments which is pretty much what the average dad does (with less pricey garments) resulting in 'dadcore'... someone wearing expensive items is not very interesting in itself. it becomes interesting when the wearer actually adds something to the garments by considering how they are worn together.

are u blind?? go back and look at shuit's posts since he joined, and look at how he's consistently played with volume and proportion, draping vs tailoring, layering vs minimalism - and everything else. apart from jogu, there isn't a single member here on sz that shows such versatility and ABILITY.

but i agree with you here.

[img]httpimgur.com/OPvuHFd.jpg?1[/img]

this is a brilliantly entertaining image. the regular members of that golf club must be shocked beyond belief. (and cute seeing u with ur kid like that.) also, the combination of big volume on top and slim bottom with heavy boots is a winner.
            Agree with you on all points. But an outfit can be stylistically brilliant and still boring. Kinda like having the same dish for lunch everyday for the rest of your life. Right now if waywt is a potluck everyone is bringing the same dish and I'm getting sick. I think variety and different perspectives are what make a forum like this great. Case had a great refreshing fit and don't think he needed the cascade of "no, it should be like this.."

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by shuit View Post
              no worries sz, I am glad I could help.. and yes Shuck, that's exactly what I meant by 1/4 of the legs (shin). It's more subtle comparing to the cape that end exactly at the knee. But it still project a very nice silhouette, just not as dramatic. Dior's 11/12 really did nailed it on the proportion. But again, those models are really tall with broad shoulder, so most A line usually look great on them.

I also forget to mention too that any outerwear with expose buttons do also affect greatly on proportion. So if you're unsure about the length of any outerwear/shirt it's always nice to go with one that have hidden placket, it trick the eyes.
              Any piece of outerwear ending at the knees can be problematic though, I do not see it as being specific to capes...
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• shuit
                • Apr 2012

I think so too Fuuma. When the length covers the indication of a leg, it really is messing around with the proportion of the whole body. (Skirt included.)

Fit wise, that is a nice silhouette Shucks. Great proportion on yours too Faust.

I actually am quite a fan of what other_animals has been doing.
                Quite mature styling with some nice color combination. I dig it.

Mac coat with n(n) crewneck. The color of this n(n) crewneck was very bright at first (almost too bright to pair with anything) but after a few soaks, it toned the brightness down making it a lot easier to wear. I also handprint it using a dye so it's not too plain to pair with some more detailed pieces.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Thanks Zen/shucks.

Loving the recent trend of fit analysis/discussion. shuit, I noticed with your last post that you cuffed the jeans and it showed the Guidis nicely. I wouldn't have thought to do that with 85s because everything is so jacked up and shredded, but it worked well in that fit. But with this latest fit, I'm noticing that it might have worked there because the jacket was shorter than the Mac coat. Is that intentional, do you avoid cuffing with a longer coat for any reason, maybe that makes the legs look stubby, or is that just coincidence/preference?
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Scander
                    • Jul 2013

DudleyGray ahaha so nice !

Comment

• shuit
                      • Apr 2012

Very observant Dudleygray. It's my preference. Most of the time I usually just let the jeans cover the shoes. But because the shirt I was wearing had a lot of details on it I figured that it might be interesting to add a little bit of details down there to make some contrast with the stacking on those guidi. Usually I am careful with cuffing though. The fabric of those 85 jeans is really thick, unless you have a lot going on I wouldn't recommend cuffing it.. very bulky -> increase the width of your lower portion.

I love my mac coat to fit slightly oversize because it's comfy so I didn't cuff the jeans. (the weather was nice yesterday so I'd like to feel less restricted) If I were to cuff it, I think the jeans would make the proportion look slightly off because the silhouette is really loose on my upper body. This has to do with the shoes too.

There is really no certain set of rules to what's right or wrong. Even if there are I think it's only to our eyes.. Sometimes you've just got to feel it! I really like thinking carefully about the details of what I wear - but sometimes I just follow my gut.

(I personally think the GATs looks nice when cuff with slimmer/less details pant)

Comment

• rickandjulius
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Wool, leather lined vest - BBS
                        Denim with leather sleeves jacket - Drkshdw
                        Double-layer top - RO
                        Jeans - thvm
                        Boots - RO
                        [/CENTER]
                        I have been seeing your outfits on here for close to a year and still have no idea what THVM means. Could you inform me please?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                          I have been seeing your outfits on here for close to a year and still have no idea what THVM means. Could you inform me please?
                          Very observant Dudleygray. It's my preference. Most of the time I usually just let the jeans cover the shoes. But because the shirt I was wearing had a lot of details on it I figured that it might be interesting to add a little bit of details down there to make some contrast with the stacking on those guidi. Usually I am careful with cuffing though. The fabric of those 85 jeans is really thick, unless you have a lot going on I wouldn't recommend cuffing it.. very bulky -> increase the width of your lower portion.

I love my mac coat to fit slightly oversize because it's comfy so I didn't cuff the jeans. (the weather was nice yesterday so I'd like to feel less restricted) If I were to cuff it, I think the jeans would make the proportion look slightly off because the silhouette is really loose on my upper body. This has to do with the shoes too.

There is really no certain set of rules to what's right or wrong. Even if there are I think it's only to our eyes.. Sometimes you've just got to feel it! I really like thinking carefully about the details of what I wear - but sometimes I just follow my gut.

(I personally think the GATs looks nice when cuff with slimmer/less details pant)
                          Rickandjulius, I assume it's http://thvm-2.myshopify.com/ given context from past threads... could be totally off base.

Shuit, is there a reason you decided for the bottom-heavy look like that? I mean white shoes + white socks combined with the cuff since it starts to draw the eyes down. Is it to balance out the hat?

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post

Shuit, is there a reason you decided for the bottom-heavy look like that? I mean white shoes + white socks combined with the cuff since it starts to draw the eyes down. Is it to balance out the hat?
                            Wearing light-colored shoes with darker clothes is actually the opposite of bottom-heavy. It's the same principle as when a woman wears nude heels with a black dress instead of black heels. It pulls the visual weight upward to underscore other elements, in this case, yes, the hat. But it also just gives a pop of the unexpected. Visual interest.

We're still so married to expecting black shoes on SZ that a white pair, ironically, delivers the exact opposite effect of the above principle.
                            sain't

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

Great breakdown. I try to follow my instinct mostly and see where it leads me, even if the result isn't ideal, it at least represents me honestly and that's where I can get outside my comfort zone and learn something new. Analysis is definitely great for "why doesn't this achieve what I want and how can I make it work?" though.
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• fncyths
                                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                                THVM : This Here Very Moment

/denim atelier in downtown LA

og print publication THVM RAG :

Thvm Rag is a biannual publication produced by Los Angeles denim brand Thvm. Each issue aims to feature emerging and established talent from various creative fields. The diversity and scope of these features are ultimately impacted by the issue’s thematic context. Accompanying the contextual placement of our features is the desire to present riveting visuals that continually inform, intrigue and inspire our audience.
                                Originally posted by Shucks
                                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                                Originally posted by interest1
                                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎