X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    i like this. the revolution must never end.

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      Normcore, bang bang!!!
      I still don't get what normcore is. Or are you shooting normcore in the back from your hipster hip? I think you can throw on whatever and make it work. Always nice to see you post.

Lovely Adidas cushions.

Sorry about calling you a hipster.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• IALAB
        Banned
        • Feb 2014

Normcore is like Larry David with a bit of rock n roll mixed in.

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

something like this then?

Comment

• dalmatas
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Adult

Wool/cashmere coat - Forme d'Expression
            Wool sweater - Raf Simons (2002)
            P13 - Boris Bidjan Saberi
            Back zip boots - m.a.+
            Wool/cashmere neckwarmer - Forme d'Expression
            Cashmere hat - Werkstatt:Munchen
            Deerskin gloves - no brad

I don't know why I raise one shoulder when I photograph - must be some kind of involuntary reaction...

Sweater detail

cool old school raf
            seems like coat too wide in shoulders no?
            Originally posted by cjbreed
            CCP is heroin. no, wait CCP is crack because it takes all your money in about 10 minutes...

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

Im thinking the hat is Nelly's, but it suits you Max.
              Also the socks are cute, not sure if their yours ;)

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dalmatas View Post
                cool old school raf
                seems like coat too wide in shoulders no?
                It's the photo. They are padded, so can seem that way.
                Thanks, everyone. More vintage RS today and tomorrow.

Also, Fuuma, this is bobo, not normcore. :)
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

White leather with removable collar - Boris Bidjan Saberi
                  Wool hoodie - Raf Simons (F/W 2000)
                  Jeans - thvm
                  Creeper boots - Rick Owens
                  Cashmere hat - Werkstatt

Sweater detail

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gregor
                    • Oct 2014

ah, whatever happened to raf?

looking at what he once was is good for a bit of nostalgia

the outfit is quite nice, as well, though i have to say i'm perhaps a little iffy on the choice of coat; though i think it's obviously not intrusive enough to ruin the rest of the look. something about the combination with the hoodie seems to kind of set it off; at least in terms of proportions; colours and palette are well done enough to make that much less visible. very nice, otherwise, it's cool to see old school raf pop up now and again

Comment

• francojean23
                      • Sep 2008

I like the color combination, but the jacket looks too big. Also, I think hoods that flop over top the back of a jacket look awkward. Would swap out the hood for a sweater.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by francojean23 View Post
                        I think hoods that flop over top the back of a jacket look awkward. Would swap out the hood for a sweater.
                        I think it´s a perfect SZ dad outfit and I mean this in the best way possible.
                        It looks comfortable and cozy with the slightly oversized jacket and of course the worn-in Raf hoodie.
                        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

So nice to see some white leather on here. It's not easy to pull off. Love it, E.

Regarding length, maybe an inch, but any more than that would make it a totally different jacket and I think the improvement in fit would come at the expense of overall silhouette. What may be throwing people off visually is that the hoodie is considerably shorter than the jacket. A lengthier thin grey tee layered underneath would do the trick.

Another thought: untucking the pants so that more leg shows, creating a longer visual line to balance out the difference (though I know you're a staunch tucker, E.).

When you're going for casual, I don't see a problem with popping out the hood. Personal preference whether you want an innie or an outie.

Agree that the grey paired next to the white does it right; so much more sophisticated than defaulting to black, which I'm glad you didn't do. White would be great, too. White on white.

And lastly, I think that leather would look cute on me. When can I borrow it?
                          sain't

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

And Fuuma, I love it. Agreed, anything you pull out you pull off.

This feathered hair, though. I'm a wee concerned. Maybe it's jealousy. You have more volume than I do.
                            sain't

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                              So nice to see some white leather on here. It's not easy to pull off. Love it, E.

Regarding length, maybe an inch, but any more than that would make it a totally different jacket and I think the improvement in fit would come at the expense of overall silhouette. What may be throwing people off visually is that the hoodie is considerably shorter than the jacket. A lengthier thin grey tee layered underneath would do the trick.

Another thought: untucking the pants so that more leg shows, creating a longer visual line to balance out the difference (though I know you're a staunch tucker, E.).

When you're going for casual, I don't see a problem with popping out the hood. Personal preference whether you want an innie or an outie.

Agree that the grey paired next to the white does it right; so much more sophisticated than defaulting to black, which I'm glad you didn't do. White would be great, too. White on white.

And lastly, I think that leather would look cute on me. When can I borrow it?
                              Bingo. (And you can borrow the leather any time provided you are in NY )

I do both tuck and untuck (see the previous fit). The tuck seems to go well with the hoodie (more rock, less dressy). Agree with the rest of you - it's not easy to find a jacket over which to pull the hood. This worked because I could (and did) remove the collar completely.

Tomorrow I hope to complete the Raf archives trifecta, stay tuned.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by francojean23 View Post
                                I like the color combination, but the jacket looks too big. Also, I think hoods that flop over top the back of a jacket look awkward. Would swap out the hood for a sweater.
                                Here is the jacket closed. What do you think?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎