Clear All
  • deltapie
    • Feb 2014

francojean23 love that ZB leather , some different footwear would help
    "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

francojean i think the nike's and that cardigan BOTH kill the lovely aggressiveness of the leather - in fact, the whole outfit is incongruent to me. dadcore cardigan/shirt combo, blogger sneakers and sz leather and too much bling. that non-committal mix of separates makes u look like u are in advertizing...

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Agreed.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• francojean23
          • Sep 2008

Thanks for the feedback, and I can certainly see why you might think that way. For me, incongruous is not necessarily a bad thing. I've grown increasingly tired of all the "synergy" fits vaunted on here.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

It's not really about synergy but about looking good and congruent with the forum's general aesthetic direction.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stagename
              • Oct 2011

I'll provide some support franco, mostly because these shoes are easily the most comfortable thing in my wardrobe and it's a no-brainer when I know I'll walk a lot. I might be getting old.

I love the jacket+gloves and the texture of the sweater maahno!

bbs tham bbs nike

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                I'll provide some support franco, mostly because these shoes are easily the most comfortable thing in my wardrobe and it's a no-brainer when I know I'll walk a lot. I might be getting old.

bbs tham bbs nike
                dude the problem isn't the nikes, it's the dadcore cardigan shirt blue jean styleforum composition he has going on, your fit doesn't even come close to relating.
                Originally posted by unwashed
                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Yep. But the Nikes are still lame.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• GucciAmen
                    • Sep 2014

They seem out of the place, even in the second picture (great BBS pieces by the way, however). Kind of give an odd streetwear vibe almost? Doesn't look right...

Comment

• 550BC
                      • Jan 2013

Are you saying that because it gives a streetwear vibe it doesn't look right with BBS? because then you obviously don't know what you're talking about :/ about the nikes, they can look ok with the right outfit as a no-brainer like stagename mentioned.. I wear my nike huaraches all the time.
                      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Yep. But the Nikes are still lame.
                        wait a second, don't you have a pair of special fields that you've worn on WAYWT in some random picture with your white leather that you're standing like 500km away or something like that?
                        Originally posted by unwashed
                        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                        Originally posted by Ahimsa
                        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

incongruity and mixing aesthetics can sometimes turn out really nicely, but the problem isn't the pieces so much as how off-putting the combination is. it just makes each piece look so much less special to have combined them in a way

stagename does a bit better in terms of exemplifying my first point in that it can turn out nicely. it's a well done job of the mix of aesthetics, but maybe that's because it's not stretching to be as insipid as a cardigan, blue jeans, and runners

both leathers are gorgeous, on a side note

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                            wait a second, don't you have a pair of special fields that you've worn on WAYWT in some random picture with your white leather that you're standing like 500km away or something like that?
                            Pretty sure the only pairing I had with special fields was my north face jacket somewhere in the mountains. I use them for hiking only (or on my way to hiking).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                              Are you saying that because it gives a streetwear vibe it doesn't look right with BBS? because then you obviously don't know what you're talking about :/ about the nikes, they can look ok with the right outfit as a no-brainer like stagename mentioned.. I wear my nike huaraches all the time.
                              I know people do it, even some of our members and some goth ninja friends who have high arches and other health related podiatry issues. My issue with running shoes in particular (besides my old-fashioned sensibility that they belong in the gym) is that they make pretty much any outfit outside of a tanktop and shorts top heavy. Especially in the winter. It simply looks unbalanced. I am not opposed to hightops in that they provide a more balanced view (I am even begrudgingly accepting the fucking geobaskets . In general I like footwear on the shit-kicking side, maybe due to my old concert-going days, I don't know, but it just feels more interesting in general.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Scander
                                • Jul 2013

I don't dislike too the nike in stagename outfit sincerly.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎