Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 550BC
    • Jan 2013

well I agree with the unbalanced / balance part for sure! I prefer hightop or just boots in general anyway. I just use my nikes as a ''when I do nothing important'' shoe and have to run errands or just because they're comfy and I have too much walking to do, like during fashion week. but I will never buy neon yellow bright nikes.
    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Scander
      • Jul 2013

Ouch didn't see the last page! In winter yeah, the sneaker maybe creates a problem of balance but in summer or autumn is not bad. Anyway I never use them.

Comment

• francojean23
        • Sep 2008

All I'll say is I much prefer this conversation to the usual straight rick or ccp fit followed by circle-jerk of praise.

Hard Bird is black, not blue, denim. There's no winter in LA. I don't believe running shoes belong only in the gym.

Comment

• rickandjulius
          • Feb 2014

with scarf

W/O

VTB/Zam/Rickx2/Guidi

Fixed it.
          Last edited by rickandjulius; 01-07-2015, 12:02 AM. Reason: Old outfit sucked

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

There is too much going. The ZB is a blazer, not a coat, if I'm not mistaken? In this case there is too much under it. Also, sleeves rarely look good stacked on a blazer (unless you are Tilda Swinton wearing Haider).

Kudos for contrasting footwear (to you too, shuit) though. I like it on others when done right (even the red Poell derbies with black on upsilon's fit looked great), but I feel (perhaps mistakenly) that I could never pull it off.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rickandjulius
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              There is too much going. The ZB is a blazer, not a coat, if I'm not mistaken? In this case there is too much under it. Also, sleeves rarely look good stacked on a blazer (unless you are Tilda Swinton wearing Haider).

Kudos for contrasting footwear (to you too, shuit) though. I like it on others when done right (even the red Poell derbies with black on upsilon's fit looked great), but I feel (perhaps mistakenly) that I could never pull it off.
              Alright I'll get rid of the hoodie then and just add another t shirt layer. It's a throne collar blazer fwiw. And I know the stacking looks bad. I still haven't gotten around to tailoring it.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                Are you saying that because it gives a streetwear vibe it doesn't look right with BBS? because then you obviously don't know what you're talking about :/ about the nikes, they can look ok with the right outfit as a no-brainer like stagename mentioned.. I wear my nike huaraches all the time.
                I think by streetwear vibes, I think he means the hypebeast look (Supreme, Zanerobe, Nike Flyknits/Adidas Tubulars, etc).

Comment

• the-orb
                  • Jun 2009

A1923 and m.a+ back in their country of birth...

Comment

• ES3K
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                    (...) that non-committal mix of separates makes u look like u are in advertizing...
                    If this is what WAYWT has become, I'm in.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

sigh...

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

This got me curious as I´ll start working in advertising soon. I know people who work in this industry and I´ve noticed a certain type of style that seems to be prevalent (not that I´m supportive of it). I think Shucks described it accurately.

Are there more SZ members in advertising? I´d be interested in what you wear to work.
                        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
                          If this is what WAYWT has become, I'm in.

Back to work in Balmain/Acne/SLP/Rick.
                          No, it has not, and now it will never become that.

WHAT ARE YOU WEARING TODAY THREAD - NO SPITEFUL OR MEAN-SPIRITED FEEDBACK. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS WELCOME, BUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE AN OUTFIT CRITICISM BY OMMISSION IS THE BEST TOOL. IF SOMEONE IS PUTTING UP FLAGRANTLY NON-PERTINENT OUTFITS, THIS WILL BE INTERPRETED AS TROLLING AND THOSE POSTS WILL SIMPLY BE DELETED. THE IDEA OF WAYWT IS TO DEMONSTRATE INDIVIDUAL STYLE AND ALSO "LOOSELY" THE STYLE OF THE FORUM. IT SHOULD BE SOMETHING THAT ALL THE MEMBERS ENJOY LOOKING AT AND ARE PROUD AND COMFORTABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN.

Fark, you realize what you look like, right? I mean, if I say you look like an idiot, that's not me being harsh, but a fair reaction to a clear provocation on your part. Right?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin
                            [IMG]
                            Bespoke leather songkok
                            Joe Chia handstitched waterproof wool jacket
                            Song Zio tee
                            Joe Chia cotton/bamboo pants
                            Rick Adidas sneaks

My buddy Joe is one designer I fully respect. His newer pieces are amazing.

hey. like i said before i'm glad to see u back on the forum.

that said, i have a few comments about this look...

1. still love the songkok in leather
                            2. jacket material and construction looks interesting and i do enjoy that bizarre proportion created by such exaggerated sleeves. not functional by any account, but we all know that's not the point.
                            3. pants have a nice volume and drape.

BUT (and here's the kicker):

the pieces don't work together in these colors/fabrics! there is just so much going on here. again, my eye gets confused - there is no harmony or focal point. if you had brought it all together by having more similar shades of one color (let's say, for instance, black?) then it would have been an interesting silhouette. now it looks like you fell into a rack of random 'avant-garde' clothing. even just wearing a black (longer) layer underneath instead of that tshirt, would make it a lot less jarring... or just removing that jacket and wearing tshirt and pants only. preferably a tshirt without a print...

sorry, but this gets 3/10 from me. but kudos for trying something different. at least you don't look like u came in from superfuture.

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                            Are there more SZ members in advertising? I´d be interested in what you wear to work.
                            how about throwing up a waywt of your own? i'm curious.

Comment

• neongud
                              • Mar 2013

I hate it when I miss fits that get the shaft.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

The designer normcore was unremarkable, not bad, but also not what I come to SZ WAYWT for.

I thought Fark's was interesting, not good for reasons already stated, but I like interesting.
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎