Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morsto
    • Nov 2008

The standards are not narrowing, your shit outfit would have been called out 7 years ago as well. The quality has been decreasing though, which is something different, and something I can understand why Faust would try to counteract.
    I do not recognise the vessel,
    but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• hausofblaq
      • Oct 2014

Personally, I think bad fits should be kept in this thread, it allows incoming members and those new to this corner of fashion to see what is accepted and what is not. Having a collection of excellent outfits is great, and as cliche as it is, we can't really 'learn from our mistakes' if we can't view it on here.

Even simple comments like "Post a better picture for proper critique" or simply ignoring a bad photo is better than degrading the user that posted it.

Just my two cents, since I love seeing what everyone is wearing and in recent light, it seems like the atmosphere results in only a few repeating members posting since their previous fits were liked and others that weren't just disappeared.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Bad outfits that are pertinent are kept. It's the ones that clearly don't belong here that are not. The same way you don't go to a wedding in sweatpants. Clearly, this is inappropriate. We are here to discuss certain degrees of taste and a certain aesthetic direction. I think this is defined loosely enough.

Yes, there has been a narrowing in tastes here, but it's not my fault that everyone all of a sudden wants to be Rick Owens and nothing else...

Again, my comment was to a photo that was bad to anyone who is not blind. Meaning, the poster should've known better. I'll say this for one millionth time - personally, I sometimes think my outfit is good but the photo of it is bad, so I don't post it. Is it so hard to understand?

I'd rather have few members posting good outfits than many members posting shitty outfits and thus driving the good ones away because it's simply not worth for them participating because of the decrease of quality of fits.

Francojan, your lame attempts at "criticism" are nothing but your bruised ego talking cause I jammed your tail yesterday. Post a good fit and then sound off.

As casem says, this is a tough balancing act, but there is no way in hell I will allow this normcore shit to contaminate SZ. End of story.

Also, HOF was the worst thing that happened to this forum and I am glad that it's gone. Last thing we need is oneupmanship and jealousy.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• francojean23
          • Sep 2008

RO/CCP

Dismissal over engagement seems to be the order of the day...

Comment

• docus
            • Dec 2010

Avantindietro hooded coat - heavy linen
            Marvielab turtleneck t-shirt - wool
            Marvielab trousers - wool
            Avantindietro spiral zip boots - calf leather

Comment

• GucciAmen
              • Sep 2014

I actually am a fan of the stacking of the P11's en0rm. They have good interaction with the boots you are wearing (tornados right?). I also like top heavy silhouettes so this is a great fit IMO. I am also liking the hat, would you mind telling me what brand it is? It's been a harsh winter all of a sudden in Canada and I desperately need one.

Comment

• Scander
                • Jul 2013

docus is perfection.

Comment

• fncyths
                  • Apr 2010

dear sz,

clothes don't make the man.

happy new year

Originally posted by Shucks
                  it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                  Originally posted by interest1
                  I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Funny considering the recent normcore backlash, I always thought Docus' fits were the pinnacle of "artisanal" normcore (no offense meant, I assume this is your intent).
                    Originally posted by Scander View Post
                    docus is perfection.
                    music

Comment

• GucciAmen
                      • Sep 2014

Docus you seem to be a great representation of what these brands have to offer, that coat has a perfect length to it. The only thing I think would improve this fit would be to choose a pair of less slim pants, as the ones you are wearing in this picture almost seem to tight to be placed over the boots? Perhaps you could tuck in the pants?

Comment

• shuit
                        • Apr 2012

well executed docus. if you don't mind me asking- how tall are you?

Comment

• snafu
                          • Apr 2008

you know i love the coat focus...

Franco what fabric/season is that blazer from... it looks nice.

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by snafu View Post

you know i love the coat focus...
                            You're on your 5th Stella, aren't you, R?
                            sain't

Comment

• docus
                              • Dec 2010

Thanks for the kind words all! I'd never thought of it as artisanal 'normcore' but I suppose that's essentially it. I want my clothes to fit (or at least not openly offend) my work environment but also to have elements that appeal to me, in terms of cut, fabrics and details, etc., and to express my ideals and identifications. I'm playing with the boundaries of what's acceptable in my environment, which isn't just about rebelling against social expectation, but also making an informed and playful engagement with 'norms' and their meanings and making my own interpretation of them.

shuit - I'm quite a shorty, about 5ft 7in, so I've got mixed feelings about longer coats. I think your cuffed ankle hems would work well (but not while I'm at work).

GucciAmen - I rarely tuck any more but I can see your thinking and will give it a try, thanks!

Snafu - it's an amazing piece - so far as I know the only coat Altieri did in the Avantindietro days. In a way I think it's the ultimate evolution of the CDiem labcoat. It's fully reversible (linen on one side, cotton on the other), with a detachable hood, and wonderful origami-like construction details everywhere - a deceptively simple looking piece with a lot of intricacy 'under the surface'.

Here's another shot with the hood up:

Last edited by docus; 01-09-2015, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• snafu
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                                You're on your 5th Stella, aren't you, R?
                                ;) no stella until after noon, but i have got my stella on my lap...

its hard to 'focus' with her...

I think your right he produced very few avantindietro pieces, i have only seen the coat in pics online from years ago H, hope you got my message ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎