X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • applecrisp
    • Jun 2013

docus, that coat is really great.

I think it's the perfect reason to start an Avantindietro Archive thread...and might as well put those boots in there too while you're at it.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by shah View Post
      i don't disagree with your general points (why have a forum where discussion is encouraged and not just a blog if the point is to showcase specifics with some abritrary set of standards) but i was wondering if you can explain what this is supposed to mean ??
      Good taste is the status quo, it is normative, a little bad taste (well a challenge to good taste) can liberate the space of possibles.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
        Good taste is the status quo, it is normative, a little bad taste (well a challenge to good taste) can liberate the space of possibles.
        Are we saying that this is the only way or the only option?
        what about the possibility of "exceeding" good taste...........or dare i say, taking good taste to an absurd level

I have this dream of wearing only bespoke 3 piece suits in the finest fabrics and having a female chauffeur / personal assistant who carries my briefcase and introduces me with monochromatic personal cards every where I go.
        In the process of it all, when I speak I shall speak pure, grammatically correct English in full sentences and treat everyone I meet with the uptmost attention and coutesy in my interaction with them.................I want to attain a kind of vain perfection that really has no end in sight but to just be that for its own sake
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

Wow, that's like a bizarro version of my life goals. Except my female assistants are suicide girls, and they do all the talking for me.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• nvsnli
            • Mar 2013

You should add A troubadour to company that. Always wanted to have a A troubadour in my squad who could sing songs about my adventures.

Comment

• fncyths
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by zamb View Post
              I have this dream of wearing only bespoke 3 piece suits in the finest fabrics and having a female chauffeur / personal assistant who carries my briefcase and introduces me with monochromatic personal cards every where I go.
              In the process of it all, when I speak I shall speak pure, grammatically correct English in full sentences and treat everyone I meet with the uptmost attention and coutesy in my interaction with them.................I want to attain a kind of vain perfection that really has no end in sight but to just be that for its own sake
              sounds like zam is ready to be a bond villain

Originally posted by Shucks
              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
              Originally posted by interest1
              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

For me it would be fin to try it.............If only for a Month, just to see what the experience would be like and how I could consistently maintain a disposition and aura that is not my natural state of being...........And to see how people would react to it.

I guess its probably because I have been so bored lately that I want to dress like a Dandy again, except in a more exaggerated form of expression than I used to.
                I want to wear crisp shirts with sleeve garters and carry an umbrella in the Sun..........
                take long walks with ladies talking nonsense politely to each other and cover them with my Coat. Open car doors for them and walk them to their doors
                Lord I could see this becoming completely absurd..............but fun
                Last edited by zamb; 01-09-2015, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• fncyths
                  • Apr 2010

I love all of this!!!

I've actually been doing a bit of this myself. Wearing ascots and double blazer sharkskin suits again. But then again, that's much more my world than gothninja

Just watched this François Truffaut film the other night. Right up your alley:

Originally posted by Shucks
                  it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                  Originally posted by interest1
                  I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post

basically you want to be karl
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• MajesticMap
                      • Nov 2011

wool coat--Oedur
                      sweatshirt--Drkshdw
                      t-shirt--Issey Miyaka
                      gloved t-shirt--Lost n Found
                      trousers-- Lost n Found (sorry no detail shot on those)

glasses and hat are cheap city bullshit
                      is that make sense to ya'll?!

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                        basically you want to be karl
                        no no, because Karl seem to want to exist both in the past and present simultaneously. I want to be pretty much a really polite "artisanal" Dandy................something that you cannot know if its genuine or pretentious but you just like it for the sheer effort and refinement of it.

Comment

• MajesticMap
                          • Nov 2011

I'd love to see some dandy-fication in the next ZB line? S/S '15 out your pocket squares and ascots!
                          is that make sense to ya'll?!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Damn, you guys have high standards. All I ask for is good sex on regular basis.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Damn, you guys have high standards. All I ask for is good sex on regular basis.
                              Define regular.
                              Zamb, you drunk?
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                                Define regular.
                                Zamb, you drunk?

F,

No
                                I'm very serious. I think form an aesthetic and sartorial viewpoint I want more, a certain grace, a certain sense of refinement and beauty. I dont want it to be just a desire but something I attempt to bring into being in my environment

I want to read books, to write nice letters with wonderful words of expression, to check in on my friends and allow them to feel a certain kind interest in them as a person rather than simple interaction............
                                I actually went into a pharmacy today and bought something for my son,
                                I said good evening to the Cashier and made light conversation in my best voice and tone with nice mannerisms that shoe would not have expected from someone like me....................she smiled and I said Thank you Kindly and walked away with a rather elegant gait I looked back slight and saw that it made her smile

lets see how it works out. I just think its a rather beautiful thing to be a 21st century artisanal dandy!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎