• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IALAB
    Banned
    • Feb 2014

Thanks.

I just thought the aesthetic was on par, and quality was good, so I posted. Didn't think about if the brand fell into the forum's acceptable range for other criteria. :)

Comment

• wildinthewoods
      • Feb 2014

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by IALAB View Post
        It's probably the nicest leather I have handled from any brand (have not handled CCP leather jackets however). It is very thick, very juicy lamb with superior grain. Chunky Lampo zipper, made in Italy, nice cotton lining, etc. etc. When I bought it I did not see the tag for a few seconds and was flabbergasted by the maker. It is older early 2000's Armani mainline. Only piece of Armani clothing I own. I think it fits well within the scope of things being posted here, save for the label. Would you not agree?
        No, I would not. And, no it does not fit. Cease and desist. Normcore and dadcore belong on styleforum. Last warning.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

a recent lewk:

SLP/DIOR/GUIDI
          music

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by casem View Post
            a recent lewk:

SLP/DIOR/GUIDI
            serious question.

what makes this not normcore?

why is Dior / SLP relevant in 2015, i'm not even trolling.
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Deux_Oiseaux
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Normcore

Comment

• ES3K
                • Oct 2008

I'm visiting this thread for some years now, but I lost the idea what kind of looks are allowed here. If I look at the ZARA window, even "goth ninja" is kind of normcore these days. Can't be all about the labels either, nor that material is 100% bread bag. Some members got praise for dadcore (mailmoth, whom I personally do miss here like some others from the french gang), others get flamed. Too original isn't also allowed (Fark). I personally find it interesting how members dress, at least this thread is titled "what are you wearing today". If it goes on like this, we can name this thread "what are shuit and shucks wearing today?"

Comment

• grapefruitpop
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2013

Another nice fit Casem, coat looks really sharp. Is it SLP or Dior?

Comment

• nvsnli
                    • Mar 2013

Agreed ES3K, no constructive criticism either, just blatant fuck off with a threat of ban.

First people want better conversation in this forum and when the opportunity presents itself (guidance for outfits and such) the reaction is the one i described above.

I retract my fingers from keyboard usually when i am about to comment in these things because i got other business in this forum and cant be arsed to make a new account after the ban hammer swings.

Comment

• SuE
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
                      I'm visiting this thread for some years now, but I lost the idea what kind of looks are allowed here. If I look at the ZARA window, even "goth ninja" is kind of normcore these days. Can't be all about the labels either, nor that material is 100% bread bag. Some members got praise for dadcore (mailmoth, whom I personally do miss here like some others from the french gang), others get flamed. Too original isn't also allowed (Fark). I personally find it interesting how members dress, at least this thread is titled "what are you wearing today". If it goes on like this, we can name this thread "what are shuit and shucks wearing today?"
                      C'mon even if Zara made exact copies that was indistinguishable from RO it should be obvious that Zara's fast fashion sweatshop labor process is still against the philosophy of this forum.

My understanding as a relatively new member is that you have to demonstrate knowledge of the rules before breaking them i.e. a waywt poster is expected to adhere to the forum's aesthetic before any deviation or experimentation is critiqued seriously.

I do think that relying soley on Faust and a few other mods to police the forum aesthetic is problematic in the long run though. It's his site, his rules of course but it does run the risk of style stasis. The comment feedback format could be improved
                      One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• TheThief
                        • Mar 2011

Honestly, you guys are using the term normcore improperly and far too often.

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

Yea, I was thinking the same. It's already reached the endpoint of its lifecycle (like hipster), where it's been so overused and broadly applied it's been rendered meaningless.

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
                          Honestly, you guys are using the term normcore improperly and far too often.
                          Trigger, I don't care so much about relevancy. They're classic pieces anyway so I don't think irrelevancy is a concern.

Grapefruit, thanks! Coat is Saint Laurent, scarf is old Dior.
                          Last edited by casem; 01-15-2015, 03:13 PM.
                          music

Comment

• guardimp
                            • Jun 2010

Outside of the ugly jacket the outfit in question is absurdly simple. I'm not sure what is attracting the condemnation outside of the brand of the jacket (as it appears few shared my sentiments on it looking awful - specifically on the chest). Regardless of the CCP boots or general dark color scheme the outfit does not seem to mesh with the classic SZ looks. Regardless of censorship or whatever the outfit would fit better on SWD. It seems that people have the idea that a generic outfit is worth posting, SWD would likely be a better forum for them.

I will disagree with SuE though. It should not matter who made your outfit or how much you spent if it looks good. What you suggest reeks of brandwhoring, and ignoring the horrid factory conditions in Moldovia.

Comment

• IALAB
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2014

All fair points, though horses for courses on whether the jacket is ugly or not. I happen to think it's terrific. However - the "absurdly simple" comment made me laugh. Guys here regularly post a fit with t-shirt, jeans, and boots/shoes without issue.

Comment

• guardimp
                                • Jun 2010

Do you care to give an example of a recent post with just a t-shirt, jeans, boots/shoes and a leather jacket? The last two I see are francojean and stagename back on page 2284, both of which are more into the SZ ascetic then your post (maybe due to their brand selection). Every other post from here to 2283 is much more involved then the one you posted. If you cared to look back in the posts here or in the HOF thread you might better understand that your outfit stands out - and not in a good way.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎