X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
    Thanks! Ugh, looks like it's sold out everywhere, going to have to scavenge the forums...
    yeah there's better denim than knit denim, that's like the entry level fabric, you need 9.5 or 11+ oz real denim to feel like you're owning something substantial, I remember someone on this forum copping them and then returning them because they look like tights
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
        yeah there's better denim than knit denim, that's like the entry level fabric, you need 9.5 or 11+ oz real denim to feel like you're owning something substantial
        have to agree, the jacquard knit stuff is alright it's just not substantial in any way, it doesnt hold up
        I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• hausofblaq
          • Oct 2014

Trigger looks like he just walked off the runway and onto a roof; simple, but a good representation of the Julius ethos.

Comment

• rickandjulius
            • Feb 2014

yeah there's better denim than knit denim, that's like the entry level fabric, you need 9.5 or 11+ oz real denim to feel like you're owning something substantial, I remember someone on this forum copping them and then returning them because they look like tights
            I quite like them. They don't scream "designer" but the cut is cool and they fit better than any other jeans I've owned so I'm more than happy with them.

Comment

• HugAndWug
              • Aug 2014

Coat looks really good AVerdantShore what are you stockpiling them for?

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

triggerdiscipline u wear it well. nice, slim fit but with just enough volume in the pants to make the silhouette interesting. very well-balanced.

Comment

• dduyyy
                  • Jul 2014

Agree with Shucks. Love the way the jeans fit, a bit loose on thighs than tapered down on calves.
                  The only thing I would change if I were you is the boots, maybe a pair of combat boots or one with higher shaft. Overall it's still great

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

I would disagree on this point, while Julius regular denim is always cool and durable, the knit's the thing! the fit is so much better and it's way more comfortable and eons more interesting than just regular denim. Really after u've had BBS denim it's hard to go back to drkshdw or julius denim, except for their more original stuff, like the memphis or knit denim.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
                      Agree with Shucks. Love the way the jeans fit, a bit loose on thighs than tapered down on calves.
                      The only thing I would change if I were you is the boots, maybe a pair of combat boots or one with higher shaft. Overall it's still great

thank you Shucks and duyyy for the thoughts.

The denim is size 1 actually, 9.5oz Denim.

The prism boots aren't out yet (tall//second delivery[Julius is behind schedule a little bit imo]) but i've opted out from them, as I am more interested in the super taller versions from Sphere.

So yeah I agree taller would be better but they aren't out yet.

_
                      upsilonkng Agree to disagree, I do not buy BBS.

Comment

• antabaka
                        • Mar 2013

nothing too serious, just something for a casual stroll around the local mall to see their chinese new year stuff
                        i ended up liking how it went together, though

Comment

• thinbuddha
                          • Jul 2011

shuit always with the hof worthy fits - nice!

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                            • Jan 2011

HugandWug, at one point, I was pretty determined to make a small collection of handmade garments and did shop them around to a few stores in NYC, but it never really took off and all in all, was admittedly quite derivative of many of the brands discussed here. Working and trying to do this part-time, with no assistance and little-to-no money was just not really feasible. It's all substantially simpler than I'd like, but when I have to make and grade my own patterns and then see it through completion, that's just the result. I still have a significant amount of fabric stockpiled and I suppose I was hoping to someday just sell the whole lot, as a small collection, somehow. I've still been making things, here and there, but not necessarily with the aim to make a career out it, any longer.

Comment

• drizzly
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by holger View Post
                              random shot, a few weeks old ...

which dual zips are these?

Comment

• mikko
                                • Apr 2013

Look like oiled culatta A1923.

Comment