Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guardimp
    • Jun 2010

What is up with your pants and boots having stacks as high as we can see? Are they in need of a hem, or is it supposed to stack that much? combined with the odd coat thing the whole outfit looks pretty ill fitting.

Comment

• rickandjulius
      • Feb 2014

They're really tight around my calf so that just sort of happens. I like it that way.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
        • Mar 2009

The texture of the coat seems nice and the choice of the white boots is interesting (even if it tends to become a trend on this forum) but as a whole it looks pretty shapeless. Look at the way the shoulders go down, giving the impression the sleeves are too long. Either this coat is too big for you, or you put too much layers under it. I don't know what you were trying to achieve here, but it doesn't look good.
        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• rickandjulius
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
          The texture of the coat seems nice and the choice of the white boots is interesting (even if it tends to become a trend on this forum) but as a whole it looks pretty shapeless. Look at the way the shoulders go down, giving the impression the sleeves are too long. Either this coat is too big for you, or you put too much layers under it. I don't know what you were trying to achieve here, but it doesn't look good.
          I actually like how it's "shapeless" as you say. The coat hardly has any structure, when looking at unworn it's really just a blanket with arms. I may have put on too many layers underneath as you said but other than that I think I achieved what I was going for. It may not be to most people's liking but I'm happy with it.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

why are the shoulders dropped so low? is that a design feature or something or did you size up like crazy?
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• rickandjulius
              • Feb 2014

Like I said to Mail-Moth, it's an extremely unstructured coat. It's very close to being too small for me so it has nothing to do with it being big. It's just a strangely put together coat.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                Well I'm back from Tampa and can now take pictures alone in my living room again.

Obscur/Julius/Guidi
                You don't look that big in your other fit pics... the coat is too large. It envelops your body without using it to provide any sort of shape. The scarf hides your neck completely. The jeans, and I'm not sure why, make your legs look huge. I think it's the combo of the tucked pants and the huge coat making you look massive in the x-axis as well as very stumpy.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

It may not be to most people's liking but I'm happy with it.
                  I used that sentence a lot in the last few years, and it was not such a good thing. Buy time, and when enough people say this is bad, don't play that card, just get rid of the thing. I'm just trying to help here.
                  I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                  I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                    I used that sentence a lot in the last few years, and it was not such a good thing. Buy time, and when enough people say this is bad, don't play that card, just get rid of the thing. I'm just trying to help here.
                    Oh no I'm not trying to dismiss your critique at all. Haha I apologize if it seemed that way. I normally take criticism to heart but this is just one of my outfits that I like regardless. I think it might be better without the tuck though.

Also, I doubt I'd be able to get rid of the coat. I'll just keep it for freezing weather and what not.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

I normally take criticism to heart
                      no, you don't.
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                        • Apr 2013

If you did you wouldn't be defending the flaws of your fits with, "Yeah I like it like that, thanks."
                        Last edited by TriggerDiscipline; 02-17-2015, 01:31 AM. Reason: apparently the cowboy deleted his comment.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                          • Feb 2014

Am I not able to take criticism to heart and still disagree with someone?

Comment

• Fenix
                            • Aug 2010

I had that Obscur coat a while back. It was actually one of the only pieces that I was ever drawn to from Obscur. The texture on the boiled wool is really fantastic.

That said, I am not sure what you did with it in that fit but it should envelop you and flow a bit more. It has a super high scarf collar but you've also added a scarf....strange. I would try it open on a slightly warmer day and let the volume be the focal point. Just make the bottom half simpler and you may have better results. You seem young enough to pull it off.
                            Originally posted by hausofblaq
                            Grow up.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Not any better than the guy you were making fun of.
                              Ha, we all know that's not true.
                              I like the coat a lot, but the jeans remind my of caterpillars and I hate them. I got the same calf problem though, so I understand your pain.

I think it honestly was super cold and he decided to dress appropriately and maybe the fit wasn't as important as staying warm? Like this outfit would totally pass if it was in Boston or Hoth and it was -9 out.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
                                Ha, we all know that's not true.
                                I like the coat a lot, but the jeans remind my of caterpillars and I hate them. I got the same calf problem though, so I understand your pain.

I think it honestly was super cold and he decided to dress appropriately and maybe the fit wasn't as important as staying warm? Like this outfit would totally pass if it was in Boston or Hoth and it was -9 out.
                                That might be the case but why post the fit then?
                                "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎