• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickandjulius
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
    Fuck those multiple boards.
    Nah. Sometimes I need a break from the hostility (e.g. Your comment) that this board produces.

Comment

• rickandjulius
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
      one of the first things I learned from lurking in this community for a very long time, was that no one is ban proof no matter what your post count is.

also, why do you say things like this on other forums?

I'm well aware, all I'm saying is that cross posting fit pics is not grounds for a ban in my eye.

Because that's how I feel. I'm not going to air those grievances here because I don't want to get banned but sometimes certain users are huge assholes.

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

It's becoming more of a soap opera in here...

Thread needs less trash and more quality.
        Grailed link

Comment

• rickandjulius
          • Feb 2014

Trunks are those just uber waxed or are they leather?

Comment

• gregor
            • Oct 2014

trk a fellow bc user? miss the weather back there that would allow such a fit at this time of year.

Comment

• Defender
              Banned
              • Jan 2015

See, an outfit like that may have been considered avant-garde at some point, but is now completey hackneyed and de rigueur.

I don't necessarily know what the cutting edge of fashion is, now, but it's not that. The recent shows from Rick are 100% shorts and aggressively outsized proportions. The recent shows from BBS are anything but black and white.

I think this look is what Faust meant when he said the fits here are mediocre, now. Posting something like this is akin to posting vanilla on an ice cream forum.

Originally posted by trk
              how do you know people are crossposting from reddit if you dont go there yourself? how does it affect you in any way? you dont like the fact that i post on other forums, but you searched through them to find badly photoshopped pictures of me @ 18 years old? is finding embarrassing outfits of people you dont like on the 4chan archives from 3 years ago really how you want to spend your midlife crisis? youre a grown man, this is pathetic

_7
              drkshdw
              ccp

Comment

• daou0782
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Defender View Post
                I don't necessarily know what the cutting edge of fashion is, now, but it's not that. The recent shows from Rick are 100% shorts and aggressively outsized proportions. The recent shows from CCP are anything but black and white.
                You mean I've been missing them all these years?

Comment

• gregor
                  • Oct 2014

defender while, avant-garde can never be stagnant, especially in a world like this, where assimilation and change is so common and notable. looking to rick to be on the cutting edge really isn't fair because i'd say he's found his look, and perhaps even matured on it. it's somewhat a facet of avant-garde to have to be ever changing to be properly avant-garde, as our definition of normal changes and matures, so to does our definiton of abnormal. i think it's pervasive and intrinsic within avant-garde art to have to evolve. though perhaps bland by current sz standards, the diluted avant-garde look of a few years ago still isn't necessarily a bad one, though, perhaps it is indeed a little bit banal.

trk wish i was back home on the island, it was -16 here

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                    • Apr 2013

See, an outfit like that may have been considered avant-garde at some point, but is now completey hackneyed and de rigueur.

I think this look is what Faust meant when he said the fits here are mediocre, now. Posting something like this is akin to posting vanilla on an ice cream forum.
                    while I agree with you, not everyone is interested in being cutting edge or barrier breaking and that's something that you have to understand.
                    Originally posted by unwashed
                    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                    Originally posted by Ahimsa
                    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      NOW HIRING: coder who can make a vbulletin add-on that blocks this shit.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rickandjulius
                        • Feb 2014

I don't necessarily know what the cutting edge of fashion is, now, but it's not that. The recent shows from Rick are 100% shorts and aggressively outsized proportions. The recent shows from CCP are anything but black and white.

Dude, not every fit is going to be HOF material and to think that's what should occupy this thread is ridiculous. They are obviously few and far between. If this thread was relegated to only spectacular outfits it would be dead. Even Shucks plethora of Rick fits or Shuits fits, while both looking great, are not always true "avant-garde". Whatever that's even defined as these days. I would rather look at vanilla fits sprinkled with outstanding fits, thus ensuring a nice flow of content, than just like one great outfit a week.

Comment

• Defender
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by daou0782 View Post
                          Ha sorry I meant BBS. Wrong initials.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by daou0782 View Post

Comment

• daou0782
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

I don't necessarily know what the cutting edge of fashion is, now, but it's not that.
                              I'm tempted to say, partly for the sake of debate, that less than a handful of the designers discussed in the forum and virtually none of the ones who make the rounds in this thread can be considered avant-garde anymore.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Icarium View Post

knit-off + added wind version
                                Originally posted by IALAB View Post

Devoa
                                Jil
                                Zam B
                                CCP
                                Originally posted by eleves View Post
                                What are you two referring to? Mediocre fits in what sense? Looking at something and thinking its a terrible fit because it is, or just disliking it because its against personal preference? Actually really curious about those things! I've also noticed either more confrontation in general amongst younger sets of people or just a general lack of care for it.
                                Not easy to provide a definition, since these things are somewhat (but only somewhat) ineffable, but these two, for example, would not only get no praise but would be flamed out of existence even a year ago, and rightfully so. Ill-proportioned, ill-fitting, bad color combinations - these are things that are pretty obvious to me.

I mean no offense personally to these gents, but even though the so-called SZ aesthetic may no longer be avant-garde (if you want avant-garde, wear J.W.Anderson's pussy-bows), SZ is still, and will always be a place that adheres to high standards. That's what it was made for, one place devoid of mediocrity. I don't see why people are not satisfied with those. And if punks like rickandjulius cannot tell the difference between 4chan/reddit and SZ, I will gladly steer them in the right direction.*

Defender - while it is somewhat true that the "SZ aesthetic" has been co-opted and diluted - this is the natural cycle of all culture. BUT, and it's a big BUT, the high standards are still there - the fitting, the proportions, the textures, the colors (such as they are), the shades, the quality of materials make all the difference between a good fit and just another kid in a long black tee and drop-crotch shorts or artisanal normcore.

*I am addressing the punks like rickandjulius here. SZ is first and foremost a place to discuss a certain kind of fashion and culture. It's not for horsing around, or satisfying your narcissism. Read the fucking manifesto. You, rickandjulius, and a few others, have said jack shit about fashion so far. You have been warned.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎