X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I still don't see it. Sounds you are making stuff up to fit a preconceived notion.

We are not talking about an avant-garde consumption or lifestyle - I don't even know what that means - but avant-garde design. And not even avant-garde per se; it's just an easy, shortcut term to use when describing something more interesting than fashion for the masses.

Also, Heirloom & Co left because they thought I am some combination of Stalin and Hitler - it was personal and had little to do with the forum itself. It was an attempt on merz's part to put a crown on his own head disguised as a democratic revolution. Once the others figured out that he's borderline clinical psychopath case, the whole thing fell apart in weeks. And, just so you know, most of them tried to either sneak back in or asked me to come back. But I don't care to talk about this anymore.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

Fair play to that.

Comment

• MJRH
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
        None of us would be here if we weren't deeply invested in the idea of fashion as modular, evocative sculpture or as transcendence of cultural/political uniformity or as a play on the very idea of what a human body should represent to others, but some of the things that get tossed around here are an instant parody of themselves.
        Well, shit.

Just wanted to say, mumma, that you consistently own it--you even make me like sneakers, sometimes. I'll take this over that dirty a-word any day!
        ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Bson
          • May 2013

All AD

Shucks and shuit... inspirational fits recently

wore almost the same thing to her signing at Barney's... changed out the black for a white shirt, though! I almost died when she was wearing the same boots and ring (on the same finger, even)~

Comment

• nvsnli
            • Mar 2013

Goddamn this last couple of pages

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

mostly prism;

Comment

• daou0782
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

the choice of kubos and footwear is spot on. cool pomodoro sculpture.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                  • Oct 2012

damn, those julius sneakers (which I so desire) look bigger than I thought. So fucking cool.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
                    mostly prism
                    Originally posted by unwashed
                    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                    Originally posted by Ahimsa
                    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• neongud
                      • Mar 2013

Sunday morning smoking fit.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Bson, looks good from what I can see.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shifts
                          • Jul 2013

Whyred
                          Julius_7
                          The Last Conspiracy

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by daou0782 View Post
                            see: Golden Age Fallacy

also see this fit (CD, RO, CD, CCP)
                            aww, goes to show that everything you post up on the interwebz stays there :) Reliving my early transition from Dior Homme to CD/CCP back in Boston!
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Schleudersitz
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by daou0782 View Post
                              Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                              aww, goes to show that everything you post up on the interwebz stays there :) Reliving my early transition from Dior Homme to CD/CCP back in Boston!
                              This is probably addressed more to daou, but I think he has missed a crucial point. In addition to fit pctures, people like Chinorlz added to the forum a significant element of its spirit. In his specific case, the exploration and technical understanding of the forum's collective points of interest. By the time I started reading sz around 2011, that appeared on its way out. Later generations of posters sought less of that and their exchanges here were less engaging. Finally, with people with rick&julius and daou inexplicably becoming senior members, its like that reddit GN guide graduating out of the children's pool. But what do I know, I was losing sleep over raw denim back then.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Daou, before you go knocking Albert, who has been one of the most indispensable members of SZ, I DARE you post one of your fits from a year ago. Yeah, I was shown some.

You, rickandjulius, and trk - you have contributed nothing but bullshit to this forum. You're all on thin ice. Fair warning.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎