X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Looks great and nice to see something different and good here. The only thing I'm not do convinced about are the converse, but I never am.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

Love seeing Miyashita get a proper representation, good stuff.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• gregor
        • Oct 2014

normally it doesn't seem all that creative to me to wear so much of one designer, but it looks great. varied, yet it meshes well and is cohesive, plus i think the converse are a good fit here, which, to me they rarely are. good stuff.

Comment

• GucciAmen
          • Sep 2014

This is a beautiful fit; myashita designs such interesting pieces. You and seenmy certainly do his work justice.

Comment

• eleves
            • Sep 2012

bryantyj

Absolutely amazing, I love the mix of soloist and number (n)ine. Miyashita is one of my favorites and number (n)ine was my first foray into the realm of designers discussed on this site so I always love seeing fits composed of it. That jacket is also one of my all time favorite pieces!
            Originally posted by Faust
            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• shuit
              • Apr 2012

love the cuff unwashed. don't lose it.

ccp/ro/uniqlo/bbs/mmm

Comment

• unwashed
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by hamham3002 View Post
                If I was a baby, I would fully enjoy that room.. Robots on a pillow and a smiling cloud, awesomeness...
                Thanks man! I hope our yet to be born son will love it too!

Originally posted by shuit View Post
                love the cuff unwashed. don't lose it.
                Thanks man! Looking great yourself as well, love the soft looking fabrics If you ever wanna get rid of that jacket

Briantyj Love the pants, from my favorite n(n) collection. I'm still watching if the matching jacket will ever pop up.
                Grailed link

Comment

• Sergey Seven
                  • Sep 2010

Its a pure pleasure to scroll down last few pages!
                  Shuit as always delivers perfect dynamic photos

bryantyj Im so jealous, Takahiro's works doestn fit me at all, and I wish it would

so thats why theres nothing new to me, just my everyday BBS/J_7 armor

Comment

• bryantyj
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                    Briantyj Love the pants, from my favorite n(n) collection. I'm still watching if the matching jacket will ever pop up.
                    Thanks Unwashed! Looking good yourself. It seems we are looking for the same thing ha. I hope we are not the same size.

Sergey Seven: Very nice mix of colours. I want those pants in leather!

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                      • Oct 2010

Golden ages of SZ are over, whut?

I'm still here...in Dick combined with a whirlwind of many different designers, and more.

Rick Owens DRKSHDW 2009 'Hog' Drape Front Tent Fabric Jacket
                      Ann Demeulemeester AW 2003 Vintage Virgin Wool Classic Shift Dress Cut on the Bias
                      Hermes Vintage .925 Pendant Necklace on Leather String
                      Helmut Lang SS 2002 White Silk Threads Mini Skirt. One of the most delicate and beautifully constructed pieces of the entire OG HL oeuvre, in my opinion.
                      Céline AW 2013 Over the Knee Boots in Dark Blue -- a more contemporary piece incorporated with my mostly older archive.
                      Balenciaga SS 2002 Corduroy Sling Hobo Bag

Personally, I'd like to see more participants here who are able to discuss the technical aspects of clothing construction -- the sort of details that differentiates the garments that we see here from the quotidian crap that is categorized as "fast fashion". I personally enjoy seeing the thoughtful incorporation of older designs alongside more contemporary garments, which allows us to demonstrate how fantastic design may be timeless. There is no reason why higher level introspection should disappear simply because a couple of members have gone other ways.

Moreover, we ought to be making use of what is uniquely accessible to us for the purpose of close observation via the garment archives in our discussions here in WAYWT; we can bring the archival to "life" in that way through comparative analysis of transformation of a designers work over time and by underscoring shared influences across designers, amongst other things.

I'm pretty overwhelmed with work, but I will try to contribute as much as I can.

Stylin'4ever,

MBD
                      Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 04-10-2015, 04:17 AM.
                      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                        • Sep 2014

Stunning.

Having finished with my classes, I will begin contributing to the garment archives with my own pieces and adding a comment here and there when I can.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                          • Dec 2006

Damn MBD, that frayed white silk peeking out just so and juxtaposed with those dark blue leather boots is ace. Love the contrast at the knees. Nice proportions, too - the open jacket w/ short sleeves vs. the long, skintight boots. What I'm curious about is the back hem of that jacket. Glad to see you posting in WAYWT again.

I've been here since '06, haven't posted a WAYWT yet...about time to get that camera.

Comment

• Icarium
                            • Oct 2010

Indeed, especially with your taste in acquisitions. Based on your for sale threads alone ;p

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Well said and well-dressed, MBD.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aussy
                                • Jul 2011

predominantly cotton or silk blend

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎