X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Williebabzan
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
    That reminds me a bit of when selectivebeef was doing a lot of japanese streetwear on sufu. This is a compliment btw :)
    Yeah! That shirt is so fucking good Tong

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Very cool, tong. Are you having denim synergy with Dudley? I should post a fit in mine for a trifecta, only if it wasn't so fucking scorchingly hot in New York.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

Tong that's stellar, strange grunge tribalism to it.

Comment

• Baddarn
          • Oct 2013

Well since everybody is posting arts & crafts jeans and I want to help keep this thread alive.

Old pictures, but it's what I wore yesterday. Sweden is cold, but in hindsight the hoodie was a mistake (maybe for more than one reason).

Undercover jacket
          Random hoodie
          BBS tee and tank top
          DIY jeans
          Geobaskets

Comment

• jskidder1
            • Jan 2011

took the advice on cuffing the jumpsuit, which allowed me to pair it with some taller sneakers:

Comment

• Defender
              Banned
              • Jan 2015

First WAYWT. Island and drkshdw

Last edited by Ahimsa; 07-22-2015, 05:33 PM. Reason: image way too big

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                • Oct 2010

Well, since it's an UCism kinda day...

This is the *toughest* I'll ever look, which is to say, not very.

Balenciaga SS2006 tank top.
                R13 Black Jeans
                Undercover SS2003 "Scab" Removable Burlap Bag
                Y's Yohji Yamamoto AW2007 Leather Boots with Hemp Inner Layer
                Saint Laurent SS2015 Cashmere Cardigan for working in an over AC'd American office.
                Ann D & Hermes wrist cuffs.

MBD
                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
                  took the advice on cuffing the jumpsuit, which allowed me to pair it with some taller sneakers
                  hey man. sorry to rain on ur parade but imo u are cancelling out the positive effect of the cuffing by wearing geos. the whole point of cuffing the legs up imo is to give u a bit more visible leg to change the proportions of ur look and make the jumpsuit look a bit less like it ate u. stick with lower footwear or footwear in a contrasting color (i.e. grey/white...). i guess the angle of ur photo makes u look shorter also. and also, are u in a shower or an elevator?? that looks like a drain...?

defender something is not quite right here. i think it's the pant/footwear combo. or it could be the knit detailing which doesn't work with pants that have a regular drop. it's as if the detailing needs some fabric below (like pods or skirted pants or sth) to keep u from looking like u were split in two. bit hard to tell tho what the actual issue is cause pic looks so dark.

minchu2805 and killah nice proportions/volumes/silhouettes

Comment

• Defender
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                    defender something is not quite right here. i think it's the pant/footwear combo
                    Yeah I tried to straight cop the Island runway look which was this knit with the cropped pants, but instead of ramones/high socks it's obviously the sandals/leg warmers, but alas I don't have those. I'll try different bottoms next time. Thanks for the input.

Also, I'll have to take pics outside for better light.

Comment

• jskidder1
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                      hey man. sorry to rain on ur parade but imo u are cancelling out the positive effect of the cuffing by wearing geos. the whole point of cuffing the legs up imo is to give u a bit more visible leg to change the proportions of ur look and make the jumpsuit look a bit less like it ate u. stick with lower footwear or footwear in a contrasting color (i.e. grey/white...). i guess the angle of ur photo makes u look shorter also. and also, are u in a shower or an elevator?? that looks like a drain...?
                      rain away. those are actually ramones, but i get what you're saying. i felt like there was almost too much skin with the islands and cuff. i'm pretty anti leg skin for the most part - not to mrbueys levels but close.

the angle is a factor, and i've tried to take photos with my phone at waist level, but its so much easier to see what i'm taking when i hold it higher.

oh, and that's my elevator at the office. we're renovating so they took up the floor. i also thought that looked like a drain for a minute though.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

BBS
                        Rick
                        Julius
                        Veg Shoes
                        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ can't see the details, but it looked good :-)
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                            • Feb 2014

ccp tank worn as a dress, belongs to my partner, the flap in the back has buttons to button to the front, diaper like. ann d boots.

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

Super good, especially for running around the forest. The boot / diaperflap interface gives it a little woodland imperial majesty.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                                Balenciaga SS2006 tank top.

nice tank and link. i miss ghesquière @ balenciaga...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎