X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Kneejerk political correctness leads to inability to process lighthearted humor, which leads to stomach ache.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

let's have more fun objectifying women. that will do wonders for the already stellar male/female ratio on sz.

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

I think women are most put off by the man trying to get laid by loudly insisting he's a feminist. It's a specific reek.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
            right. let's have more 'fun' objectifying women. that will do wonders for the already stellar male/female ratio on sz.
            relax,
            you are not the designated defender of women. Women are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves and expressing dissatisfaction if they have a problem with something.
            but this is my final commentary on this as I wont allow you to draw me into SZ weekend slug-fest........
            after all, I don't fight outside of my weight class

here, have fun with this:
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
              I think women are most put off by the man trying to get laid by loudly insisting he's a feminist. It's a specific reek.
              you'd think, right?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                Women are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves and expressing dissatisfaction if they have a problem with something.
                They may not see the point of doing so in a boys club environment.

If I'm being honest, that's like one of the main reasons why I come here instead of SF/SuFu. I don't have to worry about people calling me out for dressing gay as though that were even a thing to avoid, and I'd like to think that women could feel that way here too. I don't even bother posting in those places, because people are mostly incorrigible and not worth the hassle.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

I don't think you dressing gay has much to do with Zam accusing his employees of being beautiful. However most intelligent women read faux liberalism and move on just the same as when they read sexism -- it's a new way not to be taken seriously while indulging men's savior fantasies.

So tedious that it's tough not to read it as disingenuous.

Also I would point out by saying "as though that were a thing to avoid" you're acknowledging there's a specific way to "dress gay" and revealing your own latent discrimination, maan.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post

If I'm being honest, that's like one of the main reasons why I come here instead of SF/SuFu. I don't have to worry about people calling me out for dressing gay as though that were even a thing to avoid, and I'd like to think that women could feel that way here too. I don't even bother posting in those places, because people are mostly incorrigible and not worth the hassle.
                    I don't buy into the argument of men being the fault of women's problems.

the problems affecting men, as well as the problems affecting women are the collective problems of society for which we are all responsible to figure out the best possible solutions. As Human beings we stand or fall together.
                    I am a black man, and you certainly don't see me wailing every time someone makes a joke about black people or whatever. A world full of political correctness and devoid of humor is a world that is joyless and one i don't want to live in
                    Political correctness instead of solving problems has become one of the biggest destructive forces in modern society

If we want more women to be members of SZ, lets make an effort to INVITE them to become members here, and while we are inviting them, LETS CREATE CONTENT that will encourage them to be a part of the forum.
                    it's NY Women's fashion week now, lets see how much of people here who are wailing about the disparity between male/ female members are going to post female collections and have dialogue about them.

Women don't need politically correct men defending them. they need men who are honest, respectful and not afraid to be true in their presence
                    Last edited by zamb; 09-11-2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• LOVE
                      • Dec 2007

*waits for the discussion to move to the top of the next page before posting an outfit*

honestly anytime i get to see that eastwood gif though, pure gold.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Also,.

when you are a black/ Jamaican/ straight/ christian/ man who is a fashion designer and dress the way I do, speak eloquently and have tons of friends who are gay and have to live in a community that concludes guilt by association then you can come and talk to me.

At 27 before long before I got married I had a sit down with my father then went like this:

Son, I love you. Whatever your response to this is I will love you anyways.....but i have a question I need to ask. um, I have never met any of your girlfriends and now you are a fashion designer in New York. are you um.....long pause (whisper)(gay?)
                        to this day many of my friends swear I must be a closet homosexual

Comment

• eleves
                          • Sep 2012

Zam, definitely know what you're talking about. I've had quite a few looks at family gatherings but thankfully most of my family doesn't hold the same old school Caribbean mentality that I've seen countless times where any hint of something fashion related equals homosexuality in some form, they'd just make fun of me in some way! Kudos to an open mind!

Holger Both outfits are great, love how well everything works together, including you two!
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                            • Jan 2011

You actually care? About people who call you are "dressing »gay«"?
                            We’re not in the middle ages. Come on. Even these two lines of mine are too much, one must’nt talk about such crap.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

I don't see the problem with Dudley's statement. Sufu is a total homophobic mysgonistic brofest, what's wrong with him wanting to avoid that?
                              music

Comment

• HugAndWug
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post
                                You actually care? About people who call you are "dressing »gay«"?
                                We’re not in the middle ages. Come on. Even these two lines of mine are too much, one must’nt talk about such crap.
                                why would you want to spend free time in a place where people act like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎