X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by dji View Post
    just the one I was hunting for, the short-haired version looks/feels/fits like crap comparatively.
    bit of an exaggeration, no?

Comment

• upsilonkng
      • May 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
      bit of an exaggeration, no?
      i kind of think all the new leathers are crap, no exceptions, even the thick calf ones just arent cut great at all, more than anything the move to moldova has really affected the leathers, he just doesn't do great leathers anymore. I have real pity for people paying retail or 50% of current shit, just the leathers though, i think the pants are great the shirts are the same and some of the blazers are really good as well as the coats. But i haven't kept a moldova leather for longer than the time it takes to sell it...

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

ohrly? what's the problem with the quality/cut of, for example, the one i'm wearing in the photo above?

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

Rick has got really good leathers... the problem is the buyers don't or very rarely buy them.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by snafu View Post
            Rick has got really good leathers... the problem is the buyers don't or very rarely buy them.
            nor upsilonkng, it seems.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

seriously, what the fuck? why did u delete that comment?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

seriously, what the fuck? why did u delete that comment?
                Because you are being a juvenile. You need to stop sniping at people. You know it's against the forum rules.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

That's a nonsensical statement. He either has many, some, or few good leathers. They can't all be good. Having seen full offerings at Rick's showroom for the past number of years, I'd say he has some good leathers.

But you bring up a larger and more interesting point - why do designers make crap clothes in the first place? Is it solely to satisfy the buyers?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Because you are being a juvenile. You need to stop sniping at people. You know it's against the forum rules.
                    hey, if that's the way u see it i don't really know what to do. i just think u consistently make poor judgement calls as to which/how many comments u delete and how u ban people on this site. but it's ur site, so maybe i should just take my way of doing things somewhere else.

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Shucks have you been making backstreet boys collages again? We talked about this.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

hey, if that's the way u see it i don't really know what to do. i just think u consistently make poor judgement calls as to which/how many comments u delete and how u ban people on this site. but it's ur site, so maybe i should just take my way of doing things somewhere else.

not that i have any business getting involved in this and its friday, so I want to avoid the weekend quarrels

you need to chill and stop being a punk.
                        you make valuable contributions here, while I don't like your behavior I do like your contributions.
                        however this idea of whenever something happens that we don't like or we disagree with we decide to go elsewhere or delete an entire collection of posts (sometimes even years worth) is rather childish.
                        and i am not saying you did that, but i have seen it from others who when something happens that they don't like they storm off in a fit and delete every single post they have made

if you disagree with Faust, as i sometimes do....(yes he is my friend but he can tell you we don't always agree on everything so in this case I am not taking his side) flesh it out, address the issue, but don't be a coward and hiss off in a fit as I find that to be a rather childish thing that grown ass men should not do.......
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                          not that i have any business getting involved in this and its friday, so I want to avoid the weekend quarrels

you need to chill and stop being a punk.
                          you make valuable contributions here, while I don't like your behavior I do like your contributions.
                          however this idea of whenever something happens that we don't like or we disagree with we decide to go elsewhere or delete an entire collection of posts (sometimes even years worth) is rather childish.
                          and i am not saying you did that, but i have seen it from others who when something happens that they don't like they storm off in a fit and delete every single post they have made

if you disagree with Faust, as i sometimes do....(yes he is my friend but he can tell you we don't always agree on everything so in this case I am not taking his side) flesh it out, address the issue, but don't be a coward and hiss off in a fit as I find that to be a rather childish thing that grown ass men should not do.......

hey man, i don't think u like me much, and i don't like u much, so why do u even care what i do on this site? it's not even a matter of being upset about anything in particular. i just keep getting reminded over and over that there are some deep differences in personal values and beliefs between people on this site and those differences are clearly visible in how people communicate and interact here. i don't particularly enjoy contributing anymore and i don't feel like it's my kind of place these days. but i am sure others are having a good time, so i'm not going to kill myself demanding change that would benefit me only.

i think it's just natural that things evolve and u have to move on sometimes. it's all good.

Comment

• stagename
                            • Oct 2011

You could still just post pics, S. But I know what you mean.

Peace offering.

Comment

• LOVE
                              • Dec 2007

:(

5char

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

nor upsilonkng, it seems.

hey man, i don't think u like me much, and i don't like u much, so why do u even care what i do on this site? it's not even a matter of being upset about anything in particular. i just keep getting reminded over and over that there are some deep differences in personal values and beliefs between people on this site and those differences are clearly visible in how people communicate and interact here. i don't particularly enjoy contributing anymore and i don't feel like it's my kind of place these days. but i am sure others are having a good time, so i'm not going to kill myself demanding change that would benefit me only.

i think it's just natural that things evolve and u have to move on sometimes. it's all good.
                                And this is somehow quality discussion?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎