Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • voltbird
    • Feb 2014

Regarding his menswear, I admit that I am very hard to please when it comes to the typical Rick-dominant or Rick head-to-toe uniform. (Even with Rick himself wearing his own clothes... it just does nothing for me.) But LOVE, you nailed it.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Old SKOOL: InAisce Jacket from SS 2011

Going through some old photos and came across a photo of me wearing a men's InAisce Torsion Jacket circa SS 2011. I also love that one can wear it with decades old jeans and in no way does the look date itself.

Posting for nostalgia & fond memories.

InAisce SS 2011 Hi-Neck Fitted Leather Jacket
      Ann Demeulemeester

Good times in my old apartment...

MBD
      Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 08-29-2017, 01:49 AM.
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• dalmatas
        • Sep 2008

unwashed
        love the combo baggy sweat pants and ccp work boots!
        Originally posted by cjbreed
        CCP is heroin. no, wait CCP is crack because it takes all your money in about 10 minutes...

Comment

• DamageX
          • Dec 2008

I've been wearing a lot of Julius lately. The hat is by Larose.

Comment

• LOVE
            • Dec 2007

thanks so much for the kind words guys! nowhere to go but downhill from here...

correction: Tillmans show is at david zwirner. go see it!
            Last edited by LOVE; 10-12-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• unwashed
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dalmatas View Post
              unwashed
              love the combo baggy sweat pants and ccp work boots!
              Thanks, although very unlike sweatpants. These are very stiff cotton ma+ cargopants. I went for a Cloud Strife inspired look minus the jacket.
              Grailed link

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

no offense meant here but how exactly is LOVE's rick owens fit any better or worse than any other of the countless rick owens by the numbers fits we have seen. really, i don't see it and personally i prefer a taller boot with the cropped trousers and a longer tee. just sayin'

somebody splain to me
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• LOVE
                  • Dec 2007

could you direct me to this legendary forum with "countless" "by the numbers" rick fits? because i would much rather spend my time there.

because comments like this, from posters like you who have three thousand one-sentence completely useless posts that don't add any value to this forum, make me want to stop contributing and go the way of Shucks.

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

what? at least 3 or 4 of my posts weren't useless. i'm sure of that.

but i guess you're right that was a mean way for me to say my comment, so for that i'm sorry. it really wasn't intended to be that way. it does look fine, really. but what i meant was how is it unique?

it wasn't meant as criticism. it was a question as to how it was better or worse than the standard rick fit. there were a couple of glowing comments made that i was having a hard time understanding. thats all.

and truthfully there is no doubt that in the history of this forum there have been a ton of rick owens fits that are fairly typical of a certain by the numbers rick owens look made up of rick tee + rick drop crotch with drawstring + rick shoe. that would be very hard to dispute.

Comment

• LOVE
                      • Dec 2007

Why be negative in a completely non-constructive way?

My strong recommendation for this forum, especially this thread, is more actual content and less toxic, irrelevant shit.

Your criticism isn't useful, wasn't asked for, and isn't welcome.

Bye girl bye.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LOVE View Post
                        could you direct me to this legendary forum with "countless" "by the numbers" rick fits? because i would much rather spend my time there.

because comments like this, from posters like you who have three thousand one-sentence completely useless posts that don't add any value to this forum, make me want to stop contributing and go the way of Shucks.

Originally posted by LOVE View Post
                        Your criticism isn't valid, it wasn't asked for, it isn't welcome, and it isn't appreciated.

Bye girl bye.
                        and i thought shucks took himself too seriously. my goodness.
                        Last edited by cjbreed; 10-12-2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• LOVE
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                          and truthfully there is no doubt that in the history of this forum there have been a ton of rick owens fits that are fairly typical of a certain by the numbers rick owens look made up of rick tee + rick drop crotch with drawstring + rick shoe. that would be very hard to dispute.
                          fantastic syntax. where, specifically?

what i meant was how is it unique?
                          i'd think a lot harder what you're bringing to the table here, if anything at all

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

and i thought shucks took himself too seriously. my goodness.

I just needed to add this one-sentence completely useless post to my collection.
                            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• timm3h
                              • Mar 2011

For what it's worth, I liked LOVE's fit for the proportions and how much slimmer it is compared to what is normally seen. LOVE recently posted this with the same pants (I think), which in all honesty I didn't really enjoy, I felt the elongated tee plus the crop threw the balance off for the bottom. In contrast I find the taller shaft in the more recent picture balances out the weight very well, this combined with the shorter and more form fitting top made everything harmonious for me. Regardless of how cookie-cutter it is or isn't it hit all the right notes for me. I'm a simple man: I see, I like, I give internet props

edit: DudleyGray Nice, I've wanted the blue version for a while The front hem of that jacket is really such a pain to style.
                              Last edited by timm3h; 10-12-2015, 01:58 PM.
                              Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• LOVE
                                • Dec 2007

they are the same pants. thanks a lot. especially since praise and criticism both mean more coming from you, since you actually make the effort to contribute to the thread!

Originally posted by Arkady
                                What did you, loom-spin the fit from your own foreskin? Relax.
                                *insert sphinx joke here*

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎