X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Hm, don't think this really works.

For one, I wouldn't wear those shoes with jeans, unless you have super skinny legs and the pants are visibly tucked and form a contrast.

I think the way you wore them before was much more successful. It feels like your top 4/5 is pretty standard and then you wear fashiunz on your feet. They need a bit of space to work. I know you're building your wardrobe and trying out combinations, and I've done stuff like this before (elephant boots with acne jeans / sailboat dunks with dress pants) but in my experience it doesn't work and it never felt right.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

this brings me to an interesting question..........
      Do we wear things because we like them or do we wear things because a designer we like creates them?

there are certain things I'd never wear no matter how much I like the brand that's offering it.
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Defender
        Banned
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
        It feels like your top 4/5 is pretty standard and then you wear fashiunz on your feet.
        Yeah, I usually wear these jeans over Ramones, but I wanted to see if stacking them up on top of the springblades would work out. I actually got a lot of positive feedback with this look, but probably because of the straight out shock value of such odd shoes (which I think is what you meant by the quoted portion above).

I wonder if cropped pants would work with the springblades, or if they are only for shorts. I really do like them. I think they're freaky and comfortable, two things I like about Rick clothes. I'm just trying to figure out how to wear them without having to wear shorts.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Defender View Post
          I wonder if cropped pants would work with the springblades, or if they are only for shorts. I really do like them. I think they're freaky and comfortable, two things I like about Rick clothes. I'm just trying to figure out how to wear them without having to wear shorts.
          What about shorts with leggings? Or skirted shorts? Leggins in general?

Not sure if I have the cure to the problem (if there is any, that is), but I think these monsters need a barrier from the torso to stand out properly. That barrier could be a lot of different things, maybe color (oh god) even. Or a pearlish hue. Just something to differentiate and accent their flaring shape. See what happens with the velcro flaps? I’d play that card and exaggerate the look somehow.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
            this brings me to an interesting question..........
            Do we wear things because we like them or do we wear things because a designer we like creates them?

there are certain things I'd never wear no matter how much I like the brand that's offering it.
            Do we like things because a designer we like creates them?
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• MJRH
              • Nov 2006

Or, something everyone here can identify with: trying to say 'no' to an item of clothing that fits a particular designer's oeuvre that totally won't fit yours.

On the flip side of things, one reason I love shopping at consignment stores, I avoid looking at the brand until I've decided whether the price is worth it and sometimes get shocked into buying a brand I'd never seek out. For example, I have this gorgeous dress shirt from Dolce & Gabbana... (hisses, catcalls)
              ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• timm3h
                • Mar 2011

BSR, do those shoes have tall heels? Or are you just extremely tall? The proportions here strike me as very odd in the best possible way and I can't quite wrap my head around it.
                Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• Lex1017
                  • Jul 2015

I'm pretty sure the side panel of those adidas was inspired by how the lace panels fall on beat up pairs of ramones boots (https://markcoflaherty.files.wordpre...2/rickweb2.jpg). Because of the crazy sole I have no idea how to style them properly, but shorts or cropped trousers might would work best. Nice to see someone giving them a try though.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

I think the toebox makes styling more difficult than the sole or the flap. It's just so unremarkable in its context.
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                      Do we like things because a designer we like creates them?
                      Obviously.
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• dduyyy
                        • Jul 2014

keeping thing simple

uniqlo/ccp/zb/cd

Comment

• voltbird
                          • Feb 2014

dduyy, so simple and yet so perfect! I think this is one of my favorite fits I've seen here thus far.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

Interesting, I was just thinking that while the diversity of the fits lately has been great, especially considering that this used to be the Rick uniform thread, and while I see a lot of solid, wearable fits, I haven't seen much heart droppingly good for a while. Not much that is shuit, shucks, beuys, interest, jogu, heirloom, rosenrot, merz, chant, etc. HOF level inspiring, the kind of fits that made SZ too intimidating initially for me to post on.
                            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                              Interesting, I was just thinking that while the diversity of the fits lately has been great, especially considering that this used to be the Rick uniform thread, and while I see a lot of solid, wearable fits, I haven't seen much heart droppingly good for a while. Not much that is shuit, shucks, beuys, interest, jogu, heirloom, rosenrot, merz, chant, etc. HOF level inspiring, the kind of fits that made SZ too intimidating initially for me to post on.
                              I have the same sentiment, what's funny to me is actually the lack of outerwear on several pages but I guess it's only from here on out, last page had 2 or 3
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• LOVE
                                • Dec 2007

The environment has become very toxic here and surprise the quality of the content has dropped in tandem

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎