Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

I can't say that it's any reason specifically without feeling audacious, although the hate PM was definitely bullshit. Fuck that guy, WAYWT is a weirdly vulnerable place, not a place where we come to fulfill our narcissism but to share and inspire and in turn be inspired, we're doing our best. Anyone who feels compelled to unconstructively criticize without contributing is a coward. Do you hear me dude who attacked LOVE via PM? You're a pathetic, desperate sack of shit coward.

But I don't think a toxic environment is necessarily the cause. SZ was never a friendly place, it was elitist in the best way, the kinds of people whom one couldn't actually imagine being.

I think that is one possibility. For better or worse, SZ was filled with strong personalities. Strong personalities inevitably clash, but that's what it takes to have strong personal style. People always emphasize an understanding of fit, proportion, silhouette, fabrication, and overall aesthetics, and that's all necessary for a good fit but I think something more is required for great.

Like when I used to lurk, outside of WAYWT, I would read posts that humbled my intelligence. People here were both smarter and more stylish than me, and it was clear that I didn't have anything of value to add, so I didn't post, but in a good way. Posters were self-selecting. Anymore, people have to be told what to do, and I feel like myself or some other crazy idiot has to say something fucked up to get any sort of non-Geobasket conversation going.

Otherwise, I think people viewed clothing differently back then. I'm not sure how to articulate this point, so I'll just leave it at that for now.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• LOVE
      • Dec 2007

I should clarify, I really only meant the waywt thread has declined in quality, the rest of the forum generates a lot of quality content with contributions from a bunch of interesting diverse people. I'd read a book of what Geoffrey B. Small has to say, for example.

There was an earlier, very good generation of posters in this thread who no longer contribute for one reason or another. The only reason I post my own photos here, besides as a journal for myself, is the hope that other people will follow suit, at least keeping the thread from stagnating, then raise the general quality through constructive criticism. don't think it's working though.

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

I disagree about the quality of the content in other areas of the forum. Like Fuuma and Faust just had a really great exchange on Roth and Nobel Prize literature. There used to be quite a number of posters here who were educated enough to participate in that kind of discussion. But now, I only see Fuuma and Faust having that discussion. That barely makes it worth their while to even participate in a forum setting, from my viewpoint, if they can't have multiple perspectives weighing in. They may as well just chat on Skype about it.

As for the old posters, yeah they left for one reason or another, but not all of them can come back at the moment. Some were banned, and in the moment, rightfully so. Some people just don't know how to behave or respect social hierarchies and need to be reprimanded into behaving. But people move on, they get older, and the same things don't matter as they mature. Like merz was banned for being a winny puhh back then, but why does it matter that he was a winny puhh today? It doesn't, it's just words on a forum from people who don't really matter, because people have real lives and families and friends.

I just don't like the idea that they couldn't post here if they wanted to. Not that they would even come back, but the possibility should at least be there. So I guess that's my thing right now, I think the old guard should be unbanned, because why not?
        Last edited by DudleyGray; 10-16-2015, 09:41 AM. Reason: Because I was asked politely.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
          • Apr 2013

So few of us yet we cut each other's throats
          Originally posted by unwashed
          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
          Originally posted by Ahimsa
          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• destroymebaby
            • Aug 2012

Please refrain from calling people whiny cunts.
            The morning is not enough.

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

OK, you bring up a valid point, eloquently put, but what about unbannings? I mean, enough time has passed where it wouldn't even involve anyone swallowing pride, just something to do for curiosity's sake. Aren't you curious to see what, if even anything at all, would happen?

Comment

• Scander
                • Jul 2013

Excuse me for disturbing!

60s heavy cotton french workwear jacket
                levi's red
                70s converse

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

^ you should be beaten.......

Yesterday..........
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• NOHSAD
                    • Nov 2014

Razor 2.0 Calf Length Coat - ZB
                    Long sleeve Echadh Seam Top - ZB
                    Drop Crotch Suspender Coveralls - ZB
                    Double Side Zip Boots - OC

Had to run a few errands today. With NYC being chilly as of late, it's great that I can finally break out the razor coat .
                    "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• stagename
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by NOHSAD View Post

Razor 2.0 Calf Length Coat - ZB
                      Long sleeve Echadh Seam Top - ZB
                      Drop Crotch Suspender Coveralls - ZB
                      Double Side Zip Boots - OC
                      Not a big fan of tucked pants on this particular look, otherwise pretty nice. Might want to try with slimmer pants. That coat is beautiful.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

looking good NOHSAD.

Stagename, I don't think the pants is tucked, its cropped right above the boot
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• NOHSAD
                          • Nov 2014

Thanks Stagename and Zam. Yeah, the pants aren't tucked, like Zam said, they're just above the boots, It's probably because of the picture that it looks like that.
                          "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                            OK, you bring up a valid point, eloquently put, but what about unbannings?
                            funny thing is, out of the people you mentioned in your prior post (I'm assuming you are mostly referring to them here), I don't think any of them were permanently banned to begin with, except a couple subsequently when they made a huge deal about leaving and attempted to do unwarranted harm towards SZ (and ironically enough, tried to lure their way back here later..). some users are just doing other things, some left on their own, these are not unusual phenomenons on online forums at all, nor is longing for the good old times.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ilurkaround
                              • Jan 2012

oops got my broom in the pic

thamanyah/ro/bbs/ann

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by ilurkaround View Post

oops got my broom in the pic

thamanyah/ro/bbs/ann
                                nice broom man
                                Originally posted by unwashed
                                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎