Clear All
  • round
    • Aug 2015

voltbird, I like the bear bag.

Comment

• galia
      • Jun 2009

ahaha Dudley you're insane !
      For some reason the double power outlet beside you made it so much greater for me

Comment

• MajesticMap
        • Nov 2011

oh what the hell, here's one more since i 1/rarely post 2/no one pays attention to me anyway and 3/let's everyone keep up with dudley's music band theme!.. from this past summer

i lied, two more!

is that make sense to ya'll?!

Comment

• voltbird
          • Feb 2014

Find myself wishing I could play an instrument...

It's a Yohji jacket:

Comment

• julian_doe
            • Mar 2013

Still not cold enough for outerwear...

Trying on my new LS from Heimat...

Cotton/Cashmere
            Heavy Waxed Cotton
            Silver
            Leather

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
              I can't say that it's any reason specifically without feeling audacious, although the hate PM was definitely bullshit. Fuck that guy, WAYWT is a weirdly vulnerable place, not a place where we come to fulfill our narcissism but to share and inspire and in turn be inspired, we're doing our best. Anyone who feels compelled to unconstructively criticize without contributing is a coward. Do you hear me dude who attacked LOVE via PM? You're a pathetic, desperate sack of shit coward.

But I don't think a toxic environment is necessarily the cause. SZ was never a friendly place, it was elitist in the best way, the kinds of people whom one couldn't actually imagine being.

I think that is one possibility. For better or worse, SZ was filled with strong personalities. Strong personalities inevitably clash, but that's what it takes to have strong personal style. People always emphasize an understanding of fit, proportion, silhouette, fabrication, and overall aesthetics, and that's all necessary for a good fit but I think something more is required for great.

Like when I used to lurk, outside of WAYWT, I would read posts that humbled my intelligence. People here were both smarter and more stylish than me, and it was clear that I didn't have anything of value to add, so I didn't post, but in a good way. Posters were self-selecting. Anymore, people have to be told what to do, and I feel like myself or some other crazy idiot has to say something fucked up to get any sort of non-Geobasket conversation going.

Otherwise, I think people viewed clothing differently back then. I'm not sure how to articulate this point, so I'll just leave it at that for now.
              Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Go satisfy yourselves in any way you see fit.

And, LOVE, SZ has become much less toxic in the last years - you are obviously myopic. And it's those people you miss so much Dudley that made the environment toxic in the first place. SZ is much better off without them and many new posters have come in because it's less scary here.

LOVE, you got one negative comment, and terribly negative at that and you lost your shit. Whatever. Perhaps a little self-reflection is due on your part as well.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by voltbird View Post

Bear is a handbag.
                So nice Even the bear.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• timm3h
                  • Mar 2011

I think the bear takes it from good to great. The big buttons on the jacket give me creepy doll vibes, and the bear only adds to that. I'd lose my shit if I ran into you on a moonlit road, or perhaps in an empty hotel hallway.

DudleyGray regardless of how tongue in cheek that may or may not be, I very much admire your commitment to your cause
                  Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• dduyyy
                    • Jul 2014

voltbird thanks. Love both of your recent fits. The second one imo would be much better if added some accessories contrast to the clothing. Or even an instrument, as a accessory.

Comment

• Edward B
                      • Nov 2010

Label Under Construction wool hat
                      Kazuyuki Kumagai Attachment wool coat
                      Sistere canvas pants
                      A1923 horse oil boots
                      The Viridi-Anne leather bag

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                        • Apr 2013

wow dudley how did I miss that, I wish I had a reason to do a video waywt, good shit.
                        Originally posted by unwashed
                        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                        Originally posted by Ahimsa
                        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
                          • Aug 2011

That coat is fantastic, Edward B.

It was fairly warm today so I tried to mash something appropriate together. I pinned the skirt into a dress, and the suspenders were borrowed from a pair of Yohji overalls that are unfortunately too short for someone of above average height.

YY Noir
                          PH
                          Guidi

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ so nice! Deceptively simple.

Edward - excellent clean fit. I think it's your best one yet.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post

LOVE, you got one negative comment, and not terribly negative at that and you lost your shit. Whatever. Perhaps a little self-reflection is due on your part as well.
                              fixed that for you....

also for the record i'm not the one that supposedly sent a nasty pm to to poor fellow...
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

I think maybe it was my deleted comment in question, but I didn't PM him either.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎