Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smudge
    • Jul 2012

voltbird, everything looks great! I love how clean the layering is and the contrast of the outfit with your bear brought a smile

Comment

• stagename
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by byhand View Post
      I've looked for a mute button. I'd feel like a leprechaun finding a pot of gold if such a feature existed here.
      Click on the user name.
      When on the user profile, click on User lists (under the avatar picture).
      Click on "Add to ignore list".

Share your gold. SHARE YOUR GOLD.

;)

Comment

• stagename
        • Oct 2011

Fit pic tax. Fall outfit.

Rick
        Julius
        Guidi
        WM

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

GlassOrganelle best thing posted here for a long time.

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by GlassOrganelle View Post

YY Noir
            PH
            Guidi
            splendid.
            —
            -

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

Fall is here and nothing signals fall more than a smattering of Paul Harnden fits...

Yohji Yamamoto Homme bowler hat
              Y's Sleeveless Sweater
              Paul Harnden Double Vent Jacket
              Paul Harnden Apron Skirt with Apron Neck and Back Ties
              Celine Thigh High Boots

MBD
              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Perfect, as usual.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• round
                  • Aug 2015

Edgy pictures.

Zam
                  Pants
                  Geos

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                    I disagree about the quality of the content in other areas of the forum. Like Fuuma and Faust just had a really great exchange on Roth and Nobel Prize literature. There used to be quite a number of posters here who were educated enough to participate in that kind of discussion. But now, I only see Fuuma and Faust having that discussion. That barely makes it worth their while to even participate in a forum setting, from my viewpoint, if they can't have multiple perspectives weighing in. They may as well just chat on Skype about it.

As for the old posters, yeah they left for one reason or another, but not all of them can come back at the moment. Some were banned, and in the moment, rightfully so. Some people just don't know how to behave or respect social hierarchies and need to be reprimanded into behaving. But people move on, they get older, and the same things don't matter as they mature. Like merz was banned for being a winny puhh back then, but why does it matter that he was a winny puhh today? It doesn't, it's just words on a forum from people who don't really matter, because people have real lives and families and friends.

I just don't like the idea that they couldn't post here if they wanted to. Not that they would even come back, but the possibility should at least be there. So I guess that's my thing right now, I think the old guard should be unbanned, because why not?
                    thing is metz and faust have a problem w/ each other, metz(q) was actually the first real person on sz that i met in person and we still shoot the shit at noise shows and what have u, and I'm friends w/ faust and i don't think either of them care to revisit those things, sometimes people clash and it's better to move on. Wishing for a brighter return could only bring disappointment better to contribute and elevate than making internet folklore.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Couldn't agree more.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• devour
                        • Dec 2014

Would suggest trying to gather / stack your tee, not let it sit like that.

Comment

• Comotomo
                          • Nov 2014

Mbd you wear PH beautifully unlike many others where PH is wearing them. So very elegant.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

I love the ideas of shrinkwrapped thigh-highs with this kind of fit, but to me the heels are too high, they look like they belong in a different look

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                              • Oct 2010

Galia,

Generally, I'd be wearing my Guidi back-zips with these, and generally I'd agree. However, after seeing these boots with the apron skirt, it seems to work. I try not to maintain doctrinaire rules about what can and can not be worn with what; the last "word" for me is how something looks in life -- not in theory.

What I've discovered is that I've been enjoying wearing these Celine thigh high boots with (almost) anything, particularly garments that are unexpected. A frumpy look versus the expected "come-hither" look (which PH most certainly is not.) The support one gets from such high boots means you can wear high heels and stumble around in them (I never learned how to wear spike heels.) That said, I don't propose that these would work for anyone...try them on. If they work, my rule of thumb is to go with it...

Yrs,

MBD

p.s. somehow I managed to "lose" a PH jacket and a PH coat in my last move. Has PH become popular with movers? WTF. Had to grab whatever PH jacket I could find that morning and I reached for this one, which I have yet to wear in.
                              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009

Hey I didn't mean to criticize or anything, and like I said I love the idea of thigh high boots with that look, I think that's a great styling idea. Maybe I just dislike the way heels that high look (personal bias)

And since guidis would be more expected I commend you for breaking it up :) proof that you've made this outfit more interesting: I wouldn't have wanted to comment on it otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎