X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

you should also consider resale value on this if you're going to cut it. you probably won't command as much money on the piece if you make an alteration like that.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]i'd wager my life savings he means cut w a scissor. he is in med school. and cuts up dead bodies for fun.
      [/quote]</P>

Hey now, cadaveric dissections are for learning. It takes a very brave person to will their body for learning purposes. You dissect to gain knowledge and understanding, not for fun.</P>
      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

P is right Daniel, I mean cut. Now, the cut doesn't have to be extreme, even just 1-2 inches off of the cuff would at least allow you to wear the piece without having to fold the cuffs or have to push the sleeve up to use your hands. I don't think it would affect resale in that sense because it's a extremely subtle difference that no one would ever notice unless you told them. The sleeve literally covers almost your entire hand if you don't push it up and it's an unfinished cuff. A cut and restitch would change almost nothing except allow you to actually use your hands. The sleeves would still be extended but possibly cut back to say... mid-palm instead of it going to the tips of your fingers. You wouldn't compromise anything as long as it was done right.</P>

all that being said, I think it looks pretty good with the cuffs tucked in (or folded back) as well! hahaha Easier anyways no?</P>
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="philip nod"]i'd wager my life savings he means cut w a scissor. he is in med school. and cuts up dead bodies for fun.
        [/quote]</P>

Hey now, cadaveric dissections are for learning. It takes a very brave person to will their body for learning purposes. You dissect to gain knowledge and understanding, not for fun.</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

P is right Daniel, I mean cut. Now, the cut doesn't have to be extreme, even just 1-2 inches off of the cuff would at least allow you to wear the piece without having to fold the cuffs or have to push the sleeve up to use your hands. I don't think it would affect resale in that sense because it's a extremely subtle difference that no one would ever notice unless you told them. The sleeve literally covers almost your entire hand if you don't push it up and it's an unfinished cuff. A cut and restitch would change almost nothing except allow you to actually use your hands. The sleeves would still be extended but possibly cut back to say... mid-palm instead of it going to the tips of your fingers. You wouldn't compromise anything as long as it was done right.</P>

all that being said, I think it looks pretty good with the cuffs tucked in (or folded back) as well! hahaha Easier anyways no?</P>

[/quote]</P>

Another option thats a bit safer (if you are thinking about resale) is to just sew a small strip of 1/4" elastic around the circumference of the sleeve hem, that fits it to your wrist and allow you to stack them..........you can always remove the elasticif you decide to sell the piece...........</P>
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Pinoy
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="zamb"]

Another option thats a bit safer (if you are thinking about resale) is to just sew a small strip of 1/4" elastic around the circumference of the sleeve hem, that fits it to your wrist and allow you to stack them..........you can always remove the elastic if you decide to sell the piece...........</p>

[/quote]</p>

Heh, we're thinking similarly, Zamb. I was just playing around with the thought of using one of those black elastic hair ties that women use in ponytails and just put that around the sleeve near the cuff (probably right around the wrist)..then have the stacking hide the band. </p>

Don't think I've got the balls to cut the fabric quite yet... :P</p>

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="danieldy"][quote user="zamb"]

Another option thats a bit safer (if you are thinking about resale) is to just sew a small strip of 1/4" elastic around the circumference of the sleeve hem, that fits it to your wrist and allow you to stack them..........you can always remove the elastic if you decide to sell the piece...........</p>

[/quote]</p>

Heh, we're thinking similarly, Zamb. I was just playing around with the thought of using one of those black elastic hair ties that women use in ponytails and just put that around the sleeve near the cuff (probably right around the wrist)..then have the stacking hide the band. </p>

Don't think I've got the balls to cut the fabric quite yet... :P</p>

[/quote]</p>

[86] dont quite know what i thought this said, but i had to read it twice. and i have not had any alcohol...
            </p>
            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="danieldy"][quote user="zamb"]

Another option thats a bit safer (if you are thinking about resale) is to just sew a small strip of 1/4" elastic around the circumference of the sleeve hem, that fits it to your wrist and allow you to stack them..........you can always remove the elasticif you decide to sell the piece...........</P>

[/quote]</P>

Heh, we're thinking similarly, Zamb. I was just playing around with the thought of using one of those black elastic hair ties that women use in ponytails and just put that around the sleeve near the cuff (probably right around the wrist)..then have the stacking hide the band. </P>

Don't think I've got the balls to cut the fabric quite yet... :P</P>

[/quote]</P>
              <P mce_keep="true"></P>

mm, good call gentlemen!</P>

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• matthewhk
                • Jan 2007

</P>

shirt - cheap HK mtm</P>

belt - YY</P>

pants - Gap</P>

sneakers - Visvim</P>

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

def. improving matthew [H]
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

Still a bit cold in germany, therefore i pull of the "goth-ninja" style, man i love that word :)</p>

-Dior Strip metal rivets high tops
                    -Dior Strip destroyed jeans</p>

-Dior Luster Leather Jacket</p>

-Volga Volga two layer coat</p>

-Number Nine tank top, hoodie, gloves and beanie.</p>

Sorry for the bad pics guys, just have my handycam and my mirror freaking dirty :)</p>

</p>
                    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Dude! NICE!!!!</P>

That's a baller entry on waywt. Fuck I miss those gothninja dior days. I'm sure you know that many would kill entire cities for the luster leather that you got right there hehehe</P>

Keep em coming man![Y] Sehr Schoen!!!!</P>

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Dude! NICE!!!!</p>

That's a baller entry on waywt. Fuck I miss those gothninja dior days. I'm sure you know that many would kill entire cities for the luster leather that you got right there hehehe</p>

Keep em coming man![Y] Sehr Schoen!!!!</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

thanks albert!</p>

BTW you should have sold all your stuff to me :)</p>And yeah, was a lucky day for me when i got that jacket...still looking for more pieces like the strip leather vest though...

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

BTW, what exactly does waywt mean? I am a bit slow with modern internet language...:)

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                            • Aug 2007

What Are You Wearing Today :)

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

haha :)</p>

ok, i got it finally!!! </p>

Another a embarassing moment in life..
                              </p>

Comment

• uparmoured
                                • Sep 2007

</p>

EFFECTORGDEHHTCNBHDVISHP</p>
                                FS: M.A+
                                FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀