Before it started boiling here

N(N) tee
    _7 vest
    _7 denim
    CCP U-sole titanium
    WM accessories
    MMM cuff
    BBS dust bag

Last edited by negroygris; 08-11-2016, 04:36 PM.
    We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

It's a good try, but I feel that something is off here. I think it's the denim probably, because it's too distressed it clashes with other strong pieces in the outfit. My personal rule is one strong piece in the outfit - so when I wear my super distressed M80 from Undercover, it's usually with a simple tee on top. I'd say either the jeans or the vest needs to be the focus.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• negroygris
        • Aug 2013

That is a really good point, I do feel the denim should had been the focus. Though please excuse the poor quality photo and thank you once again for your strong personal one strong piece rule.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        It's a good try, but I feel that something is off here. I think it's the denim probably, because it's too distressed it clashes with other strong pieces in the outfit. My personal rule is one strong piece in the outfit - so when I wear my super distressed M80 from Undercover, it's usually with a simple tee on top. I'd say either the jeans or the vest needs to be the focus.
        We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• voltbird
          • Feb 2014

negroygris, I love the bottom half, and the simplicity of the bag and socks to break up the textures on the shoes and jeans. A black tank on top would have been perfect -- doesn't even need the vest.

Comment

• gustavobradley
            • Jun 2016

^Agreed. I think the vest (and maybe the cuff, but that's more personal taste) is the only thing throwing the fit off for me. With the just the tee it would be perfectly casual, and while being kind of loud, wouldn't look "overdone".

Comment

• negroygris
              • Aug 2013

Totally Perhaps Ill wear the denim with my CCP button tank now that Toronto is even hotter than the past 2 days. Btw, I really love how you cuffed your pants to enhance the stacking of the shoes, also which season is the bag from?

Originally posted by voltbird View Post
              negroygris, I love the bottom half, and the simplicity of the bag and socks to break up the textures on the shoes and jeans. A black tank on top would have been perfect -- doesn't even need the vest.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• matglenn
                • Jun 2016

Negroygris
                Love the vest, I think it would look really nice with a looser top of a much lighter material. As well as some more simple pants. Bag and accessories could go with anything though

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Same stuff, wish summer would go away.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post

Same stuff, wish summer would go away.
                    I can't even bring myself to post a WAYWT. Summer is dispiriting...
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• shuit
                      • Apr 2012

Visited NYC for work last week.
                      Wish I could stay in town a little longer for the anniversary...... but this month is gonna be hectic. Excuse my poor photo.

Julius silk shirt & tie.
                      Thrift jeans
                      Bundeswehr

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

That fit is awesome, love the tie/shirt deal. Just curious about the jeans, though, whenever I see the thrifted jeans, well I can't even buy off-the-rack that fits me that well. I'm assuming it wasn't dumb luck but that you tailored them?

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                          • Sep 2015

Love it, Shuit! Especially the shirt and tie.

Comment

• shuit
                            • Apr 2012

thanks guys, found the jeans in Hong Kong while I was visiting. This pair hasn't been tailored yet.. (but I'll have to do it soon!) It's elastane blend so there's some room to play with. I usually size down and let it stretch to my body. It's important to record the waist /hips when it sit on you perfectly.

Once it's starting to feel loose- then put it in the dryer. It'll shrink back again, but after a while it'll start to get overgrown. When it gets to this stage I let it grow as big as it can, then compare the waist/hip measurement when it sit on me perfectly and take the difference between the two off from sideseam/centerback. That usually does it for me.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

Shuit, I like how much method there is behind your styling, it really shows.

Faust, this evening was cool enough for me to wear long pants (skirted swingers), and when I stepped out for a cigarette, I was actually a bit chilly. I excitedly rushed back in just to grab a leather, and it was liberating, the smell and the texture. Summer is dispiriting indeed; to think, I had resigned myself to wearing blue dad jeans, albeit Comme, this past week. Hell doesn't need to be hot for the dandy, just uncomfortably warm.

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Throwback look

Jacket: Margiela
                                Shirt: YSL
                                Jeans: Taralis
                                Boots: Massaro
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎