X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uparmoured
    • Sep 2007

Re: What are you wearing today?

Hahahah... Literally in a land far far away... The joys of living and working out of suitcase in several different countries...
    FS: M.A+
    FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• matthewhk
      • Jan 2007

i actually managed to figure out all the brands listed in this outfit. good job for me.

Comment

• gerry
        • Feb 2008

[quote user="casem83"]

Aren't we getting a little restrictive here? In the What Do You Like/Dislike thread there were complaints about the sometimes overly homogenous brands and styles represented here, yet when someone comes on who's not wearing something by the SZ approved brands he gets ridiculed. Sure there's a dude decked out in D2, I don't like the brand either, but everything fits the guy perfectly and it looks like he owns the style. Maybe it is bad etiquette to start with a WAYT post and not introduce yourself on such a tight knit forum. But, I feel people are being a bit harsh and dogmatic when you tell someone to check out the forum to make sure they fit in before they post, and if they don't, f*ck off.</p>

Back on topic, it's rare for me to get into an oversized look, but the silhouette of that Yohji suit with the white line is wicked Matt! </p>

[/quote]</p>

Obviously it's not up to me to decide whether or not he "owns the style," but I find it really hard to take someone seriously in terms of style and fashion when they own a belt buckle that looks like absolutely no thought was put into it except, "If I put my name on this, it will sell." Come on, even with all the brand worship that goes on this forum (while, admittedly, I think it's more than justified), we mocked CCP when he did it, too.</p>

But that's not the real issue. I think the issue is that they're not contributing on any other parts of the forum and really not contributing anything to SZ in general. I think forums are supposed to be an exchange of thought...</p>

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]i actually managed to figure out all the brands listed in this outfit. good job for me.[/quote]</p>

Effectors / Sophnet / Beams / Maison Martin Margiela / Sophnet / Agnes B. ? / Head Porter</p>

Do I win? </p>
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

you win an e-cookie. I'm impressed you know Sophnet though, didn't think that was your area of interest.

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]you win an e-cookie. I'm impressed you know Sophnet though, didn't think that was your area of interest.[/quote]</p>

These days they're probably closer to my "interests" than many of the brands discussed on here (the big black scary ones), actually - their collaboration with Trickers was fucking gorgeous. </p>
              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• skelechairs
                • Mar 2008

[quote user="matthewhk"]

</P>

Yohji</P>

[/quote]</P>

You are the only one I've seen pull off Yohji really well, besides hismodels of course.</P>

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                  • Aug 2007

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Hewmiri"]

</p>

</p>

</p>

a few months ago at work

goldfrapp owl head
                  ann demeulemeester
                  rick owens
                  acne
                  ysl
                  </p>

[/quote]</p>

please faust put this somewhere visible</p>

[/quote]</p>

again i request</p>

[/quote]</p>

yeah that picture is a goldmine. hewm is one of my favorites. fuck, he reminds me of myself when i used to have brown hair and rock em ysl joints all tha time back in the good ol days...
                  </p>

</p>

aha awww </p>

but i dont think faust would put it up because of the designer sneaks that he hates to death</p>

Comment

• uparmoured
                    • Sep 2007

[quote user="Servo2000"]

[quote user="matthewhk"]you win an e-cookie. I'm impressed you know Sophnet though, didn't think that was your area of interest.[/quote]</p>

These days they're probably closer to my "interests" than many of the brands discussed on here (the big black scary ones), actually - their collaboration with Trickers was fucking gorgeous. </p>[/quote]
                    You have done well to break the cypher, have another cookie for your efforts... Those Soph Trickers were indeed amazing with the side zipper! But I could not stomach the times two premium that they demanded over a standard pair so I ended up getting two pairs of standard Trickers instead...
                    FS: M.A+
                    FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• landwolf
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2008

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Hewmiri"]

a few months ago at work

goldfrapp owl head
                      ann demeulemeester
                      rick owens
                      acne
                      ysl
                      </P>

[/quote]</P>

please faust put this somewhere visible</P>

[/quote]</P>

again i request</P>

[/quote]</P>

yeah that picture is a goldmine. hewm is one of my favorites. fuck, he reminds me of myself when i used to have brown hair and rock em ysl joints all tha time back in the good ol days...
                      </P>

</P>

aha awww </P>

but i dont think faust would put it up because of the designer sneaks that he hates to death</P>

[/quote]</P>
                      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

this is one of my all time favorites, everything about it is just great</P>

Comment

• Diego
                        • Aug 2007

Faust hates designer sneakers? didn't know.

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

[quote user="casem83"]

Aren't we getting a little restrictive here? In the What Do You Like/Dislike thread there were complaints about the sometimes overly homogenous brands and styles represented here, yet when someone comes on who's not wearing something by the SZ approved brands he gets ridiculed. Sure there's a dude decked out in D2, I don't like the brand either, but everything fits the guy perfectly and it looks like he owns the style. Maybe it is bad etiquette to start with a WAYT post and not introduce yourself on such a tight knit forum. But, I feel people are being a bit harsh and dogmatic when you tell someone to check out the forum to make sure they fit in before they post, and if they don't, f*ck off.[/quote]</p>

</p>

I couldn't agree more. If you don't like what someone is wearing, say so. But getting on someones case for wearing the wrong brands is just lame (especially since he looked better than certain posters in here sometimes do). I realize some of the posts were in jest like "get more black with frayed hems" etc. but jesus christ guys, lighten up a little. Steering people in the right direction in a more constructive way can lead to more high-quality posts in WAYWT rather than fewer and fewer people having the nerve to post anything in fear of getting gangbanged by the goth ninja assault squad.
                          </p>
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Diego
                            • Aug 2007

Cestlavie and Ugatz- Brands aside, some of us didn't like the sweat pants and buckle, but you should expect all kinds of reactions in this thread, you post your pictures here and you never know what others will think of them, some comments are helpful, others are not. I do want to know more about you both, so please contribute for other threads too, not just this one, welcome to SZ. </p>

</p>

edit- vvv ? </p>

Comment

• Cestlavie
                              • Apr 2008

dont hate the trackpants -.-</P>

</P>

Comment

• matthewhk
                                • Jan 2007