• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • generic_guy
    • Mar 2007

Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="the breaks"]

I couldn't agree more. If you don't like what someone is wearing, say so. But getting on someones case for wearing the wrong brands is just lame (especially since he looked better than certain posters in here sometimes do). I realize some of the posts were in jest like "get more black with frayed hems" etc. but jesus christ guys, lighten up a little. Steering people in the right direction in a more constructive way can lead to more high-quality posts in WAYWT rather than fewer and fewer people having the nerve to post anything in fear of getting gangbanged by the goth ninja assault squad.
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

I can guarantee if they'd posted on other threads first and taken some interest in SZ in general then the comments they received would have been more contructive. Even just saying something like, I know this isn't SZ's usual style but... would have helped. </p>

People just don't really care for people who just seems to post their outfits at random. Also, notice neither of thse posters actually sem to be listening to what people say. D2 guy just posted then vanished.
    </p>

Comment

• Cestlavie
      • Apr 2008

i would love to post in more topics on this board, but i dont have too much time on my hands and so i try spending this time with posting in the topics i see as most important - and in this board i guess for me its the waywt, because i still hope to get here some constructive feedback towards my fits, altough i'm keepin' in mind that i dont want to "arrange" my style towards the biggest acceptance in this (or any other board) but to that, what i myself like most.., what is, in fact the sense of fashion for me: feelin' good in what i'm wearing and bringing a certain message with it.</P>

so long</P>

Comment

• justine
        • Jan 2007

Cestlavie: Personally I never (NEVER) wear short sleeve underwear/tee-shirt under a shirt or soft sweater. The short sleeves are visible, I know a lot of people are doing it, but I find it terrible (as in TERRIBLE). Voila, that's my $.02 attempt at a constructive note. </p>

+ I agree with some of the comments made previously by the gothninja squad (minus the negative attitude that might have appeared out of the comments). </p>

</p>

Comment

• TypicalFashion
          • Mar 2007

I think every time there is a new moon we get the next batch of the "teach me how to dress" crowd.

Comment

• TypicalFashion
            • Mar 2007

[quote user="justine"]

Cestlavie: Personally I never (NEVER) wear short sleeve underwear/tee-shirt under a shirt or soft sweater. The short sleeves are visible, I know a lot of people are doing it, but I find it terrible (as in TERRIBLE). Voila, that's my $.02 attempt at a constructive note. </p>

+ I agree with some of the comments made previously by the gothninja squad (minus the negative attitude that might have appeared out of the comments). </p>

</p>[/quote]

good post

Comment

• iSuck
              • Mar 2008

Sweatpants.</P>

Is it that they are sweatpants (I want the purple or orange sherbet Raf ones) or is it that they are not SZ sweatpants? I'm thinking the latter since I'm pretty sure I've seen them floating around the board with some praise.</P>

Comment

• Diego
                • Aug 2007

[quote user="iSuck"]

Sweatpants.</p>

Is it that they are sweatpants (I want the purple or orange sherbet Raf ones) or is it that they are not SZ sweatpants? I'm thinking the latter since I'm pretty sure I've seen them floating around the board with some praise.</p>

[/quote]</p>

In case you didn't notice, I was being polite to them and yes I didn't like 'those' sweat pants, what's the big deal?.</p>

edit- flattered?, pm sent to isuck. </p>

edit2- please someone start posting pics</p>

Comment

• iSuck
                  • Mar 2008

^It was just a general musing. I didn't know that there was just one culprit here to pinpoint; but, I'm flattered you think it would be you.</P>

I think it is just the nature of fashion websites. StyleForum suffers the same thing in Men's Clothing when you post a pair of shoes that were $500 and not eBay'd Lobbs or Aldens or in the SW&amp;D section when you post $350 jeans that aren't Iron Heart, 5EP, Samurai (I think those are names of the brands, I'm not sure). So needless to say it is hard for some people to enjoy the few fashion fora out there when they may not "fit in" with the Forum Approved Uniform. I guess you could go to TheFashionSpot; but, everyone is so gushy and lovey there it becomes hard to take much of it seriously.</P>

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Honestforum would be a good one.</p>

But I just don't see why someone would only come to an online forum to post their picture? Isn't that a little, conceded? Like, 'Hey look at me!"</p>

Not to mention posting a picture of yourself wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt? There's a difference between a well put together outfit with sweatpants and wearing what most would consider lounge-around-the-house wear. </p>
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="Casius"]

Honestforum would be a good one.</p>

But I just don't see why someone would only come to an online forum to post their picture? Isn't that a little, conceded? Like, 'Hey look at me!"</p>

Not to mention posting a picture of yourself wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt? There's a difference between a well put together outfit with sweatpants and wearing what most would consider lounge-around-the-house wear. </p>

[/quote]</p>

i guess it depends. or maybe it doesnt. i mean it is a fashion/style
                      forum...and fashion/style by its very nature is pretty self-absorbed. i dunno, as long as it relates to the context of the forum i dont think writing a well-articulated rant on ysl retro-futurism and posting pictures of what clothes you wear are all that different. obviously in this case its kind of like 'alright, die with some dignity.' but in general if someone just wants feedback on their outifts a style forum seems like the perfect outlet...
                      </p>

Comment

• oskar
                        • Mar 2008

acne bomber
                        ann demeulemeester l/s
                        number (n)ine shorts
                        ann demeulemeester sneakers</p>

Comment

• Joe
                          • Jun 2007

Looks very good oskar. Usually don't like when the socks show like that, but think it works well here.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                            • Aug 2007

nice! oskar is one of my new favorites. mostly cause oskar is the raddest name ever.

Comment

• Hewmiri
                              • Feb 2007

personally I think the thought and conversations triggered by people posting waywts that don't "fit in" are far far far more interesting than some of the wayts that do "fit in". I think there's something great in the mess created by not having structure... especially in this harmless place called the internet. what have we got to lose if stylezeitgeist becomes big and mixed? the domain name? there's always going to be new forums spawning out of the lack of having a niche forum... not that I don't appreciate this one and mean any disrespect to those who run it.
                              </p>

I know I just said the controvery is interesting but honestly I don't
                              think any waywt picture should be taken that seriously... style isn't just
                              about how well the colors and textures go well together in an outfit.
                              </p>

...of course expressing all this really has no purpose.... what a mess haha</p>

</p>

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Hewmiri"]

personally I think the thought and conversations triggered by people posting waywts that don't "fit in" are far far far more interesting than some of the wayts that do "fit in". I think there's something great in the mess created by not having structure... especially in this harmless place called the internet. what have we got to lose if stylezeitgeist becomes big and mixed? the domain name? there's always going to be new forums spawning out of the lack of having a niche forum... not that I don't appreciate this one and mean any disrespect to those who run it.
                                </P>

I know I just said the controvery is interesting but honestly I don't think any waywt picture should be taken that seriously... style isn't just about how well the colors and textures go well together in an outfit.
                                </P>

...of course expressing all this really has no purpose.... what a mess haha</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

Interesting viewpoint. Oh and I usually dislike sweatpants, no matter who designed them. I'm sure some people do cool outfits with them and I do believe I've seen some in the past, it's just not something I would wear on principle I guess.</P>
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎